Coast Mountain Bus Company route 412 'Sea Island South / Bridgeport Station'
|Termini||Agar Drive at Inglis Drive|
|Operations||Hamilton Transit Centre|
Richmond Transit Centre*
|Vehicles||ARBOC SOM 28 |
NFI XD40 *
NFI XDE60 **
Nova Bus LFS *
Orion V **
|Branches||412 Sea Island South|
412 Bridgeport Station
* Peak hours only
412 Sea Island South/Bridgeport Station is a Community Shuttle route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an east-west circular route running in the City of Richmond with service to the Vancouver International Airport's South Terminal and other aviation facilities along the southern end of Sea Island. The circular service is provided six days a week with 20 minute frequencies during peak hours and half hourly service at all other times. There is no service on this route on Sundays/holidays.
Trips depart Bridgeport Station by heading south on Great Canadian Way, west on Bridgeport Road and across the Middle Arm Bridge, taking the Cessna Drive exit to access the old Airport Station. From there, it continues south on Cessna Drive to the BCIT Aerospace Technology Campus by Institutional Access Road. The route continues along Cessna to take Russ Baker Way southbound, west on Inglis Drive until Inglis & Airport Road South. From here, morning trips head north on Cowley Crescent to access the YVR South Terminal before returning onto Inglis Drive heading west. Afternoon trips bypass Cowley Crescent and continues on Inglis. The route then turns north on Argar Drive and into the parking lot of Vector Aerospace, where it goes to the end and turns out onto Agar Drive, where the route terminates in front of the YVR Engine Testing Facility.
Return trips continue south on Agar becoming Inglis Drive where the route continues east until Cowley Crescent. From here, afternoon trips head north on Cowley Crescent to access the YVR South Terminal before returning onto Inglis Drive heading west. Morning trips bypass Cowley Crescent and continues on Inglis. The route continues east on Inglis, then north on Russ Baker Way until turning east onto Cessna Drive and Institutional Access to the BCIT Campus. From BCIT trips continue north on Cessna then take the Russ Baker Way bus lane to the old Airport Station. From there, the route heads east on Miller Road taking the bus access lane onto Sea Island Way and across the Moray Bridge, then north on Great Canadian Way to Bridgeport Station.
Points of Interest
- Bridgeport Station (Bay 6)
- River Rock Casino and Resort
- Airport Station
- British Columbia Institute of Technology – Aerospace Technology Campus
- Vancouver International Airport – South Terminal
- 2004 - Route introduced to replace conventional route 425 Airport Station/Airport South.
- September 2006 - Loop service on Cowley Crescent revised to operate in the eastbound direction only instead of service in both directions
- September 2007 - Route revised to bring service to the newly opened BCIT Aerospace Technology Campus
- September 2009 - Service revised to operate to Bridgeport Station with the opening of the Canada Line; midday and Saturday service introduced
- September 2010 - Conventional bus service introduced for peak hour trips, Monday to Friday
- September 2016 - Saturday and off-peak hour shuttle operations moved to Hamilton Transit Centre as part of a mass re-organization involving closure of Oakridge Transit Centre
- September 2018 - Community Shuttle branding dissolved: route renumbered from C92 to 412 with no changes in routing or frequency
|Service Period||First Trip to Last Trip||Frequency|
|Weekdays Westbound||6:20 AM - 7:00 PM||20 Peak hours, 30 Midday|
|Weekdays Eastbound||6:36 AM - 7:14 PM||20 Peak hours, 30 Midday|
|Saturday Westbound||8:55 AM - 6:55 PM||30 All day|
|Saturday Eastbound||9:06 AM - 7:05 PM||30 All day|
- Commuters, students in Richmond get more east-west options, translink.ca, retrieved 17-04-2010
- The Buzzer August 27, 2010 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 11-10-2014
- Fall service changes – C’ya later! buzzer.translink.ca, retrieved 31-08-2018