West Vancouver Municipal Transit route 250 'Horseshoe Bay / Dundarave / Vancouver'
|Service Area||West Vancouver|
|Termini||Horseshoe Bay Ferry Terminal|
Marine Drive at 25th Street*
W. Georgia Street at Homer Street
|Operations||West Vancouver Transit|
|Vehicles||NFI XD40 |
Nova Bus LFS
ARBOC SOM 28 (one trip only)
|Branches||250 Horseshoe Bay|
250 Park Royal Only (select trips)
250 West Bay (few trips)
* 250A branch service to Dundarave at Marine Drive & 25th Street
This east-west route provides service between Downtown Vancouver, West Vancouver and the Horseshoe Bay Ferry Terminal.
The route departs Downtown from its terminus at Homer Street onto Dunsmuir, Richards Street southbound, West Georgia Street to the Stanley Park Causeway and Lions Gate Bridge and then Marine Drive heading westbound off the bridge in West Vancouver. It follows Marine Drive along the coast until reaching Nelson Avenue where it turns onto Chatham Street, Royal Avenue, Bruce and then Keith Road where it terminates at the Horseshoe Bay Ferry Terminal.
Eastbound trips depart Horseshoe Bay Terminal from Keith Road onto Bay Street, Nelson Avenue and then back onto Marine Drive.
This route has one branch. Select trips operate as 250A Dundarave. This route leaves Downtown from Homer to Dunsmuir, Richards, West Georgia, Stanley Park Causeway Road, Lions Gate Bridge, Marine Drive westbound until 24th Street, Haywood Avenue and then 25th Street south to its terminus on Marine Drive at 25th. The 250A branch is part of the Frequent Transit Network (FTN), with 10 minute service off-peak and 7 minutes during peak.
Select early morning and late night trips begin or terminate at Marine Drive & Creery Avenue in West Bay.
One late night trip on weekdays uses a Community Shuttle coming off of the 251 Queens at Dundarave and runs to Park Royal only.
When school is in session, there are three school specials. On weekday mornings, a school special originating from the British Properties continues as a 250 Special at Marine Drive & 17th Street and continues to Park Royal where it becomes a 250 Vancouver trip. Another one starts at Park Royal and does the regular westbound 250 routing until 15th Street where it heads north on 15th Street, west on Mathers Avenue, south on 25th Street, east on Marine Drive to Marine & 25th.
In the afternoon, a school special starts from Mathers Avenue & 20th Street and heads west on Mathers, south on 25th Street, and east on Marine Drive to Marine & 25th where it continues as a 250 Park Royal.
Points of Interest
- Stadium–Chinatown Station
- Holy Rosary Cathedral
- Granville Station
- Vancouver City Centre Station
- Vancouver Art Gallery
- Pacific Centre
- Burrard Station
- Lost Lagoon Lake
- Stanley Park
- Lions Gate Bridge
- Park Royal (Bay 2 – Dundarave/Horseshoe Bay) (Bay 5 – Vancouver)
- Park Royal Shopping Centre
- Ambleside Park
- Memorial Park
- Richardson Park
- Altamont Beach Park
- Sandy Cove Park
- Park Verdun
- Eagle Harbour
- Gleneagles Golf Course
- Horseshoe Bay Ferry Terminal
- September 1992 - Accessible service introduced with newly acquired Orion I units
- September 1992 - Horseshoe Bay terminus moved to Keith Road
- November 2001 - One late night trip short turned at Dundarave Mondays to Saturdays due to low ridership and funding shortfall
- April 2014 - 250A Vancouver/Dundarave becomes part of Frequent Transit Network with 10 minutes in off-peak periods and 7.5 minutes in peak periods. 
- October 2018 - 250 Vancouver Special Events Bus service introduced
- April 2019 - Downtown terminus moved from Homer Street & Dunsmuir Street to W. Georgia Street & Hamilton Street, with layover in Larwill Park
- June 2020 - Vancouver Special Events Bus service temporarily suspended
- September 2020 - Introduction of School Special service to West Vancouver Secondary following restructuring of service from the 252
- The Buzzer May 22, 1992 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 01-05-2020
- The Buzzer September 11, 1992 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 01-05-2020
- Backgrounder: Transit Service Reductions, translink.ca, retrieved 27-09-09
- The Buzzer April 11, 2014 Issue, tranlink.ca retrieved 11-04-14
- Blue Bus to launch a special events service to downtown westvancouver.ca, retrieved 16-02-2019