West Vancouver Municipal Transit route 250 'Horseshoe Bay / Dundarave / Vancouver'
|Service Area||West Vancouver|
|Termini||Horseshoe Bay Ferry Terminal|
Marine Drive at 25th Street*
W. Georgia Street at Homer Street
|Operations||West Vancouver Transit|
|Vehicles||ARBOC SOM 28 **|
Nova Bus LFS
|Branches||250 Horseshoe Bay|
250 Park Royal Only***
250 West Bay!
* 250A branch service to Dundarave at Marine Drive & 25th Street
This is an east-west route connecting Horseshoe Bay and Dundarave in West Vancouver and Downtown Vancouver via Park Royal. Most trips operate to Dundarave as 250A. This branch is part of the Frequent Transit Network (FTN), with service every 10 minutes off-peak and 7 minutes during peak hours. Service to Horseshoe Bay run every 30 minutes.
Eastbound trips depart Horseshoe Bay from Keith Road & Bay Street heading west on Bay Street, south on Nelson Avenue, east on Marine Drive, merging onto the Lions Gate Bridge and through the Stanley Park Causeway onto W. Georgia Street to Larwill Park.
Westbound trips depart Downtown Vancouver from Larwill Park heading south on Cambie Street, west on W. Georgia Street becoming the Stanley Park Causeway and across the Lions Gate Bridge, then west on Marine Drive, north on Nelson Avenue, east on Chatham Street, north on Royal Avenue, east on Bruce Street, and north on Keith Road to Keith & Bay Street.
Westbound 250A trips depart Downtown Vancouver routing via regular route until Marine Drive & 24th Street, where it heads north on 24th, west on Haywood Avenue, south on 25th Street, and east on Marine Drive to Marine & 25th, where trips return to Vancouver with no changes in routing.
Some trips short-turn at Park Royal. Some trips in both directions also start at Park Royal.
Select early morning and late-night trips begin or terminate at Marine Drive & Creery Avenue in West Bay.
When school is in session, there are three school specials. On weekday mornings, a school special originating from the British Properties continues as a 250 Special at Marine Drive & 17th Street and continues to Park Royal where it becomes a 250 Vancouver trip. Another one starts at Park Royal and does the regular westbound 250 routing until 15th Street where it heads north on 15th Street, west on Mathers Avenue, south on 25th Street, east on Marine Drive to Marine & 25th.
In the afternoon, a school special starts from Mathers Avenue & 20th Street and heads west on Mathers, south on 25th Street, and east on Marine Drive to Marine & 25th where it continues as a 250 Park Royal.
Points of Interest
- Stadium–Chinatown Station
- Holy Rosary Cathedral
- Granville Station
- Vancouver City Centre Station
- Vancouver Art Gallery
- Pacific Centre
- Burrard Station
- Lost Lagoon Lake
- Stanley Park
- Lions Gate Bridge
- Park Royal (Bay 2 – Dundarave/Horseshoe Bay) (Bay 5 – Vancouver)
- Park Royal Shopping Centre
- Ambleside Park
- Memorial Park
- Richardson Park
- Altamont Beach Park
- Sandy Cove Park
- Park Verdun
- Eagle Harbour
- Gleneagles Golf Course
- Horseshoe Bay Ferry Terminal
- September 1992 - Accessible service introduced with newly acquired Orion I units
- September 1992 - Horseshoe Bay terminus moved to Keith Road
- November 2001 - One late-night trip short turned at Dundarave Mondays to Saturdays due to low ridership and funding shortfall
- April 2014 - 250A Vancouver/Dundarave becomes part of Frequent Transit Network with 10 minutes in off-peak periods and 7.5 minutes in peak periods
- October 2018 - 250 Vancouver Special Events Bus service introduced
- April 2019 - Downtown terminus moved from Homer Street & Dunsmuir Street to W. Georgia Street & Hamilton Street, with the layover in Larwill Park
- June 2020 - Vancouver Special Events Bus service temporarily suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic and reduced ridership
- September 2020 - Introduction of School Special service to West Vancouver Secondary following the restructuring of service from the 252
- The Buzzer May 22, 1992 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 01-05-2020
- The Buzzer September 11, 1992 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 01-05-2020
- Backgrounder: Transit Service Reductions, translink.ca, retrieved 27-09-09
- The Buzzer April 11, 2014 Issue, tranlink.ca retrieved 11-04-14
- Blue Bus to launch a special events service to downtown westvancouver.ca, retrieved 16-02-2019