Coast Mountain Bus Company Richmond Transit Centre
|Address||11133 Coppersmith Way,|
Richmond, British Columbia
|Service Areas||Vancouver, Burnaby,|
Surrey, Langley, White Rock
|Opening Date||September 4, 2000|
|Models||Alexander Dennis Enviro500|
Nova Bus LFS
Nova Bus LFS Suburban
|Number of Routes||29|
Coast Mountain Bus Company's Richmond Transit Centre (RTC) is located at 11133 Coppersmith Way and opened on September 4, 2000, to coincide with the introduction of the 98 B-Line. The yard has a capacity for approximately 200 vehicles and houses a variety of buses such as articulated and double-decker units. RTC is primarily responsible for running routes in Richmond and a variety of suburban express routes out to Surrey, Delta, Langley, and White Rock. It also operates routes running in Vancouver and Burnaby.
Due to the size of Oakridge Transit Centre, it could not operate the 98 B-Line on top of local Vancouver and Richmond routes and suburban South of Fraser routes. The solution was to build RTC, which took over all of OTC's Richmond and suburban operations and absorbed a few routes and vehicles from Burnaby Transit Centre and Surrey Transit Centre.
For many years, RTC was the primary base for the Orion V suburban coaches, with only a small handful being allocated to the Port Coquitlam and Surrey Transit Centres. Following a restructuring of operations across the network, RTC is now the only yard to have suburban coaches since January 2020. RTC also used to have Community Shuttle operations, but it has since been disbanded and operations reallocated to other yards in 2008.
Double-decker buses were introduced to revenue service during a trial from November 2017–March 2018. The two Enviro500 coaches were based out of RTC for the entire duration of the trial, despite the units seeing service outside of Richmond proper. This was because RTC was one of the only facilities capable of accommodating double-deckers and because double-deckers would be based out of RTC should the trial be successful (Hamilton Transit Centre is also capable of accommodating double-deckers). Double-deckers joined the fleet in 2019, with RTC being the home base for those units.
With the closure of the Oakridge Transit Centre in September 2016, RTC was briefly used as the new yard for the decommissioning of retired units as well as the commissioning of new vehicles.
In August 2021, the yard underwent repaving. The construction project resulted in the main parking tracks being extended by 40 feet from 200 feet to 240 feet.
- 49 Metrotown Station/UBC
- 301 Newton Exchange/Brighouse Station
- 311 Scottsdale/Bridgeport Station
- 340 Scottsdale/22nd Street Station
- 350 Crescent Beach/White Rock Centre
- 351 White Rock Centre/Bridgeport Station
- 352 Ocean Park
- 354 White Rock South/Bridgeport Station
- 401 One Road/Brighouse Station
- 402 Brighouse Station/Two Road
- 403 Bridgeport Station/Three Road
- 404 Four Road/Brighouse Station
- 405 Cambie/Five Road
- 406 Brighouse Station/Steveston
- 407 Bridgeport Station/Gilbert
- 408 Brighouse Station/Ironwood/Riverport
- 412 Sea Island South/Bridgeport Station (Peak hours only)
- 413 Riverport/Steveston (School Special trips only)
- 430 Metrotown Station/Brighouse Station
- 480 UBC/Bridgeport Station
- 555 Carvolth Exchange/Lougheed Station
- 601 South Delta/Bridgeport Station
- 602 Tsawwassen Heights/Bridgeport Station
- 603 Beach Grove/Bridgeport Station
- 604 English Bluff/Bridgeport Station
- 606 Ladner Ring
- 608 Ladner Ring
- 620 Tsawwassen Ferry/Bridgeport Station
- N10 Richmond–Brighouse Station/Downtown NightBus
|Fleet Number Range||Manufacturer||Model Name||Total|
|9201, 9204, 9205, 9211, 9213, 9216, 9221, 9227–9229, 9231,
9235, 9240–9242, 9250, 9260, 9262, 9276, 9277–9285
|9543–9581, 9583–9590, 9678–9680, 9682,
9688, 9689, 9692, 9694–9698, 9702, 9703
|12001–12025, 15014, 15015,
15019–15021, 16204–16217, 16219
|18451–18473||Nova Bus||LFS Suburban||23|
RTC has 45 hybrids and 164 diesel vehicles, amounting to a total of 209 units as of February 09, 2022.
- The Buzzer August 4, 2000 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 28-01-2010
- Fleet Allocation as of January 22, 2010, taylornoonan.com, retrieved 21-02-2010