Coast Mountain Bus Company route 701 'Coquitlam Central Station / Haney Place / Maple Ridge East / Mission City Station'
|Termini||Coquitlam Central Station|
Dewdney Trunk Road at 248 Street
Mission City Station**
|Operations||Port Coquitlam Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI C40LFR |
NFI D60LFR ***
NFI XDE60 !
|Branches||701 Coquitlam Central Station|
701 Haney Place*
701 Maple Ridge East
701 Maple Ridge East
via Samuel Robertson#
701 Mission City Station**
* Select weekday trips and alternating weekend/holiday trips
701 Coquitlam Central Station/Maple Ridge East is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an east-west route connecting Coquitlam Central Station, Pitt Meadows and Maple Ridge, with a limited service extension to Mission City in the Fraser Valley. Service runs daily every 15–30 minutes. Service between Haney Place and Maple Ridge East runs every 30 minutes, increasing to every 15 minutes during peak hours. It is a Frequent Transit Network (FTN) route for the portion between Haney Place and Coquitlam Central Station with service 15 minutes or better, 15 hours or more of the day, seven days a week.
Eastbound trips depart Coquitlam Central Station heading north on bus access road onto Barnet Highway followed by Lougheed Highway heading east and across the Pitt River Bridge and then onto south on Harris Road, east on Hammond Road, north on Maple Meadows Way, and east on Dunn Road to Maple Meadows Station. It then exits the station onto Dunn Avenue heading north becoming 200 Street, north on Maple Meadows Way becoming Dewdney Trunk Road heading east, south on Edge Street and east on McIntosh Avenue to Haney Place. Trips continuing to Maple Ridge East depart Haney Place heading north on Edge Street, east on Dewdney Trunk Road, north on 250 Street, west on Smith Avenue, south on 248 Street, and west on Dewdney Trunk Road to Dewdney Trunk Road & 248 Street.
Westbound trips depart from the Maple Ridge East terminus at Dewdney Trunk Road & 248 Street heading west on Dewdney Trunk Road and south on Edge Street to Haney Place. Then, all trips depart Haney Place heading north on Edge Street, west on Dewdney Trunk Road becoming Maple Meadows Way heading south and east on Dunn Avenue to Maple Meadows Station. Continuing from Maple Meadows Station trips head west on Dunn Avenue, south on Maple Meadows Way, west on Hammond Road, north on Harris Road, west on Lougheed Highway and across the Pitt River Bridge, and south on Lougheed Highway to Coquitlam Central Station.
On weekdays, there are four trips that extend to/from Mission City Station in lieu of West Coast Express service. Eastbound trips route via regular route to Haney Place, then head east on McIntosh Avenue, south on 226 Street, and east on Lougheed Highway becoming N. Railway Avenue until Mission City Station. Westbound trips depart from Mission City Station heading east on N. Railway Avenue, north on Horne Avenue, west on 1st Avenue becoming Lougheed Highway, and north on 226 Street to Haney Place, where it continues its regular route to Coquitlam Central Station.
When school is in session, there are several school special trips in both directions.
In the morning, an eastbound trip departs Coquitlam Central Station as 701 Maple Ridge East via Samuel Robertson and routes via regular route until Dewdney Trunk Road & 240 Street where it heads south on 240 Street, east on 102 Avenue, north on Jackson Road, west on 104 Avenue, north on 240 Street, east on Dewdney Trunk Road and regular routing to Maple Ridge East.
In the afternoon, an eastbound trip departs Coquitlam Central Station towards Maple Ridge East and goes via Archbishop Carney Secondary School by going via regular route until Lougheed Highway & Dominion Avenue, where it heads north onto Dominion and continues east and then south on Ottawa Street and continues on the regular routing. Two westbound trips start at Archbishop Carney Secondary School and head west on Dominion Avenue merging onto Lougheed Highway and continues the regular routing to Coquitlam Central.
Also in the afternoon, a westbound trip starts at Dewdney Trunk Road & 248 Street and ends at Haney Place with no changes in routing. This trip continues as an R3 Lougheed Highway and runs with RapidBus XDE60 units.
|701 Mission City Station Stopping Procedures|
|The 701 is a local service that does pick-up and drop-off at all stops on all branches except the 701 Mission City Station, where there are special stopping procedures.
There is local service between Coquitlam Central Station and Haney Place for trips to/from Mission City Station. Trips towards Coquitlam Central Station from Mission run non-stop between Mission City Station and Haney Place. Trips towards Mission run non-stop between Haney Place and Mission City Station but do drop-offs at Lougheed Highway & 227 Street and 228 Street.
Points of Interest
- Coquiltam Central Station (Bay 6)
- Coquitlam Centre
- Westwood Mall Shopping Centre
- Lions Way Park
- Agricultural Park
- Harris Road Park
- Pitt Meadows Station
- Hoffman Park
- Golden Meadows Plaza
- Pitt Meadows Public Library
- Maple Meadows Station (Bay 2 – Coquitlam Central Station) (Bay 3 – Maple Ridge East)
- Meadow Ridge Centre
- Haney Place Mall
- Haney Place (Bay 2 – Coquitlam Central Station) (Bay 6 – Maple Ridge East)
- Maple Ridge Municipal Hall
- Memorial Gardens
- Garibaldi Secondary School
- Mission City Station (Bay 1)
- December 1991 - Service introduced as 701 Maple Ridge East/South Haney/Coquitlam Centre/Vancouver during Community Link service rollout in Pitt Meadows and Maple Ridge
- October 1993 - Morning Vancouver-bound peak hour trips revised to use the Clarke Street Queue Jumper in Port Moody
- June 1994 - Select trips operated by articulated buses and some trips to operate as 190 Coquitlam Station/Vancouver between Coquitlam Centre and Downtown Vancouver
- September 1994 - Midday service to operate between Coquitlam Centre and Haney Place. Service east of Haney Place operated by Community Link buses except during peak periods
- November 1999 - Route became equipped with bike racks
- October 2001 - Service between Haney Place and Haney South, and between Haney Place and Maple Ridge East discontinued after 8:00 p.m. daily due to low ridership and funding shortfall
- April 2003 - Re-routed from Lougheed Highway to Harris Road and Dewdney Trunk Road during PM peak hours to bypass traffic on Lougheed Highway due to delays on the Pitt River Bridge. No service lost
- December 2005 - Routing revised to cover service lost with the cancellation of the 709 East Maple Ridge/Haney Place. Limited service from Haney Place to the Ridge Meadows Seniors Centre via 224th Street, 124th Avenue, 227th Street, Dewdney Trunk Road, Edge Street, to Haney Place discontinued. Limited service to South Haney discontinued
- April 2006 - Limited service to South Haney reintroduced, running in the evenings only
- September 2006 - Discontinuation of afternoon through-service from Downtown Vancouver via 190 Coquitlam Station following a restructuring of 190 PM operations
- September 2007 - Introduction of a morning school special trip to service Archbishop Carney Secondary School
- January 2008 - Select trips used to test the TMAC system prior to full fleet installation
- January–April 2008 - Limited service to South Haney discontinued
- June 2008 - Route joined the Frequent Transit Network (FTN)
- August 2008 - The new Haney Place Transit Exchange officially opened
- September 2009 - Introduction of the 701 Maple Ridge East via Samuel Robertson school special trip
- June 2010 - Westbound PM peak hour routing through Harris Road and Dewdney Trunk Road revised to go along Lougheed Highway with no service lost
- December 2016 - TrainBus service discontinued and select weekday trips extended to Mission City Station
- January 2018 - All trips revised to go via Maple Meadows Station instead of during peak hours in peak directions to match with West Coast Express departures
- December 2018 - Introduction of unloading only stops at Lougheed Highway & 227 and 228 streets on Mission City Station-bound trips to allow passengers who mistook the Mission City Station trips as Maple Ridge East trips an opportunity to disembark
- The Buzzer December 6, 1991 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 08-03-2017
- The Buzzer October 8, 1993 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 02-05-2020
- The Buzzer June 17, 1994 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 16-12-2017
- The Buzzer August 26, 1994 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 16-12-2017
- The Buzzer October 29 1999 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 19-11-2017
- Service Cuts for October 15, 2001 listed by route number, translink.ca, retrieved 20-12-2009
- Service Cuts for October 15, 2001 listed by Route Number translink.ca, archived on Web Archive, retrieved 01-03-2021
- The Buzzer April 18, 2003 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 12-01-2017
- The Buzzer November 25, 2005 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 16-12-2017
- Translink Access Transit Stakeholder Update, translink.ca, retrieved 20-12-2009
- The Buzzer June 20 2008 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 16-12-2017
- Haney Place bus exchange officially opens, translink.ca, retrieved 16-12-2017
- The Buzzer December 16, 2016 Issue, retrieved 19-01-2017