Coast Mountain Bus Company route 701 'Coquitlam Central Station / Haney Place / Maple Ridge East / Mission City Station'
|Termini||Coquitlam Central Station|
Dewdney Trunk Road at 248th Street
Mission City Station**
|Operations||Port Coquitlam Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI C40LFR |
NFI D60LFR ***
NFI XDE60 !
|Branches||701 Coquitlam Central Station|
701 Maple Ridge East
701 Maple Ridge East via Samuel Robertson#
701 Haney Place*
701 Mission City Station**
* Select weekday trips and alternating weekend/holiday trips
701 Coquitlam Central Station/Maple Ridge East is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an east-west route running between Coquitlam and Maple Ridge via Pitt Meadows. Service between Haney Place and Maple Ridge East is every 15 to 30 minute frequencies on weekdays and half hourly on weekends and holidays. It is a Frequent Transit Network (FTN) route for the portion between Haney Place and Coquitlam Central Station with service 15 minutes or better, 15 hours or more of the day, seven days a week.
The route departs Coquitlam Central Station by bus access road onto Barnet Highway followed by Lougheed Highway eastbound across the Pitt River Bridge and then onto Harris Road southbound. From Harris the route turns east onto Dunn Road and into Maple Meadows Station. It then exits the station onto Dunn Avenue, 200th street, and then Maple Meadows Way and Dewdney Trunk Road until Haney Place by way of Edge Street and McIntosh Avenue. Trips to Maple Ridge East depart Haney Place by Edge Street back onto Dewdney Trunk Road eastbound until its eastern terminus on 250th Street at Dewdney.
Four weekday trips continue from Haney Place towards Mission City Station by exiting Haney Place onto 226th street. The service then takes a left onto Lougheed Highway until its terminus at N. Railway Avenue at Mission City Station. Return trips depart Mission City Station and onto Horne Avenue. The service then takes a left onto Lougheed Highway and right on 226th Street and into Haney Place.
Westbound trips from Maple Ridge East depart from Dewdney at 248th Street to Haney Place. Trips entering Coquitlam Central Station route from Lougheed Highway to access road.
When school is in session, there are several school special trips in both directions.
In the morning, an eastbound trip departs Coquitlam Central Station as 701 Maple Ridge East via Samuel Robertson and routes via regular route until Dewdney Trunk Road & 240th Street where it heads south on 240th, east on 102nd Avenue, north on Jackson Road, west on 104th Avenue, north on 240th Street, east on Dewdney Trunk Road and regular routing to Maple Ridge East.
In the afternoon, an eastbound trips departs Coquitlam Central Station towards Maple Ridge East and goes via Archbishop Carney Secondary School by going via regular route until Lougheed Highway & Dominion Avenue, where it heads north onto Dominion and continues east and then south on Ottawa Street and continues on the regular routing. Two westbound trips start at Archbishop Carney Secondary School and heads west on Dominion Avenue merging onto Lougheed Highway and continues the regular routing to Coquitlam Central.
Also in the afternoon, a westbound trip starts at Dewdney Trunk Road & 248th Street and ends at Haney Place with no changes in routing. This trip continues as an R3 Lougheed Highway and runs with RapidBus XDE60 units.
|701 Mission City Station Stopping Procedures|
|The 701 is a local service that does pick-up and drop-off at all stops on all branches except the 701 Mission City Station, where there are special stopping procedures.
There is local service between Coquitlam Central Station and Haney Place for trips to/from Mission City Station. Trips towards Coquitlam Central Station from Mission run non-stop between Mission City Station and Haney Place. Trips towards Mission run non-stop between Haney Place and Mission City Station but do drop-offs at Lougheed Highway & 227th Street and 228th Street.
Points of Interest
- Coquitlam Centre
- Coquiltam Central Station (Bay 6)
- Westwood Mall Shopping Centre
- Lions Way Park
- Agricultural Park
- Harris Road Park
- Pitt Meadows Station
- Hoffman Park
- Golden Meadows Plaza
- Pitt Meadows Public Library
- Maple Meadows Station (Bay 2 – Coquitlam Central Station) (Bay 3 – Maple Ridge East/Mission City Station)
- Meadow Ridge Centre
- Haney Place Mall
- Haney Place (Bay 6 – Maple Ridge East/Mission City Station) (Bay 7 – Coquitlam Central Station)
- Maple Ridge Municipal Hall
- Memorial Gardens
- Garibaldi Secondary School
- Mission City Station (Bay 1)
- December 1991 - Service introduced as 701 Maple Ridge East/South Haney/Coquitlam Centre/Vancouver during Community Link service roll out in Pitt Meadows and Maple Ridge
- October 1993 - Morning Vancouver-bound peak hour trips revised to use the Clarke Street Queue Jumper in Port Moody
- June 1994 - Select trips operated by articulated buses; some trips to operate as 190 Coquitlam Station/Vancouver between Coquitlam Centre and Downtown Vancouver
- September 1994 - Midday service to operate between Coquitlam Centre and Haney Place; service east of Haney Place operated by Community Link buses except during peak periods
- November 1999 - Route became equipped with bike racks
- October 2001 - Haney South service discontinued and service between Haney Place and Maple Ridge East discontinued after 8PM daily due to low ridership and funding shortfall
- April 2003 - Re-routed from Lougheed Highway to Harris Road and Dewdney Trunk Road (no service lost)
- December 2005 - Routing revised to cover service lost with the cancellation of route 709 East Maple Ridge/Haney Place
- April 2006 - Service extended to Maple Ridge East from Haney Place on Sundays and holidays; service to South Haney discontinued and replaced by a route extension of the C43
- January 2008 - Select trips used to test the TMAC system prior to full fleet installation
- June 2008 - Route joined the Frequent Transit Network (FTN)
- August 2008 - The new Haney Place Transit Exchange officially opened
- December 2016 - TrainBus service discontinued; select weekday trips extended to Mission City Station
- The Buzzer December 6, 1991 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 08-03-2017
- The Buzzer October 8, 1993 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 02-05-2020
- The Buzzer June 17, 1994 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 16-12-2017
- The Buzzer August 26, 1994 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 16-12-2017
- The Buzzer October 29 1999 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 19-11-2017
- Service Cuts for October 15, 2001 listed by route number, translink.ca, retrieved 20-12-2009
- The Buzzer April 18, 2003 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 12-01-2017
- The Buzzer November 25, 2005 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 16-12-2017
- The Buzzer April 24, 2006 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 23-08-2015
- Translink Access Transit Stakeholder Update, translink.ca, retrieved 20-12-2009
- The Buzzer June 20 2008 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 16-12-2017
- Haney Place bus exchange officially opens, translink.ca, retrieved 16-12-2017
- The Buzzer December 16, 2016 Issue, retrieved 19-01-2017