Coast Mountain Bus Company route 152 'Coquitlam Central Station / Lougheed Station'
|Termini||Coquitlam Central Station|
|Operations||Port Coquitlam Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI C40LFR |
|Branches||152 Coquitlam Central Station|
152 Coquitlam Central Station via Chilko*
152 Lougheed Station
152 Lougheed Station via Chilko*
* Select trips during peak hours
152 Coquitlam Central Station/Lougheed Station is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an east-west route serving southern areas of the City of Coquitlam and the eastern edge of Burnaby. Off-peak, weekend and holiday service is provided with 30 minute frequency. Peak hour service is provided at 15 minute frequencies.
The route departs Lougheed Town Centre Station by Gatineau Place to take North Road, Austin Avenue eastbound, Guilby Street southbound to take Rochester Avenue, Blue Mountain Street back onto Austin, Hickey Drive onto Mariner Way northbound and then Coquitlam Central Station by Barnet Highway to Lougheed Highway and then access road.
Trips departing Coquitlam Central Station take access road onto Lougheed Highway southbound, Dewdney Trunk Road and then Mariner Way to Lougheed Town Centre Station.
One eastbound trip on weekday afternoons go via Poirier Community Centre and from Austin & Poirier Street goes north on Poirier, west on Winslow Avenue, south on Schoolhouse Street back onto Austin and then its regular route to Lougheed Station.
Select westbound trips during peak hours route from Lougheed Highway southbound by Chilko, Mariner Way to Hickey Drive and then its regular route.
Select eastbound trips during peak hours from Mariner Way & Chilko Drive head east on Chilko, north on Lougheed Highway, west on Dewdney Trunk Road, then north on Mariner Way where it continues its regular routing to Coquitlam Central Station. When school is in session, select eastbound trips route by Blue Mountain onto Austin Avenue, Schoolhouse, Winslow to the Coquitlam Recreation Centre, Poirier and then its regular route from Austin.
Points of Interest
- Lougheed Town Centre
- Lougheed Town Centre Station (Bay 2)
- Cariboo Shopping Centre
- Coquitlam College
- Brooksmere Park
- Charles Best Secondary School
- Coquitlam Central Station (Bay 10)
- Coquitlam Centre
- Mundy Park
- Westwood Shopping Centre
- August 1978 - Route renumbered to 152 Austin from 184 Austin. Service replaced portions of the discontinued 933 Lougheed
- Formerly route 152 Port Coquitlam Centre/Coquitlam Station/Vancouver
- October 1991 - Accessible service introduced on select trips
- July 1991 - Three trips during peak hours revised to bypass Riverview Hospital and operate via Chilko Drive and Mariner Way to service the River Heights area
- July 1992 - Service revised to stop on Winslow Avenue instead of inside the Coquitlam Rec Centre loop resulting in minor routing change
- June 1993 - Routing revised to go via Westview Drive instead of Guilby Street
- February 1996 - Peak hour trips extended from Burrard Station to Hornby & Nelson
- September 1997 - Stopping procedures revised at Brentwood to allow for pick-up and drop-off
- March 2000 - Route detoured with the construction of the Millennium Line. Routing from Vancouver via Lougheed Highway, Winston, Government, Austin to Lougheed Mall Transit Exchange and then continuing on to Port Coquitlam
- May 2000 - Millennium Line construction: routing revised from Brentwood Mall via Wilingdon, Dawson, Beta, Lougheed then regular route to Lougheed Mall
- June 2000 - Millennium Line construction: temporary rerouting of detour routing revised to go via Lougheed, Bainbridge, Winston, then regular detour routing to Lougheed Mall due to the closure of Winston Slip
- July 2000 - Winston Slip reopened and detour routing revised to go via Lougheed, Winston, regular detour routing to Lougheed Mall
- October 2001 - Midday, Sunday and holiday service between Lougheed Mall and Downtown discontinued due to funding shortfall and poor ridership
- September 2002 - Millennium Line service adjustments: western terminus moved to Lougheed Station and eastern terminus to Coquitlam Station; service eliminated in the Dartmoor area; United Boulevard and Cape Horn Avenue; and Port Coquitlam service
- September 2003 - Route became bike rack equipped
- December 2016 - Route renamed to 152 Coquitlam Central Station/Lougheed Station
- The Buzzer August 11, 1978 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 06-01-2017
- The Buzzer August 30, 1991 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 17-01-2017
- The Buzzer June 21, 1991 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 01-05-2020
- The Buzzer July 17, 1992 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 01-05-2020
- The Buzzer June 18, 1993 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 02-05-2020
- The Buzzer February 9, 1996 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 23-04-2020
- The Buzzer August 8, 1997 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 03-05-2020
- The Buzzer March 3, 2000 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 09-12-2009
- The Buzzer May 12, 2000 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 04-05-2020
- The Buzzer June 23, 2000 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 04-05-2020
- Backgrounder: Transit Service Reductions, translink.ca, retrieved 09-12-2009
- The Buzzer April 18, 2003 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 01-12-2017