Coast Mountain Bus Company route 152 'Coquitlam Central Station / Lougheed Station'
|Termini||Coquitlam Central Station|
|Operations||Port Coquitlam Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI C40LFR |
|Branches||152 Coquitlam Central Station|
152 Coquitlam Central Station via Chilko*
152 Lougheed Station
152 Lougheed Station via Chilko*
* Select trips during peak hours
152 Coquitlam Central Station/Lougheed Station is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an east-west route connecting Lougheed Station in Burnaby and Coquitlam Central Station. Service runs daily every 30 minutes, increasing to every 15–20 minutes during peak hours.
Eastbound trips depart Lougheed Station heading east on Gatineau Place, north on North Road, east on Austin Avenue, south on Guilby Street, east on Rochester Avenue, north on Blue Mountain Street, east on Austin Avenue, south on Hickey Drive, north on Mariner Way, east on Barnet Highway, and south on bus access road to Coquitlam Central Station.
Westbound trips depart Coquitlam Central Station heading south on Lougheed Highway, west on Dewdney Trunk Road, south on Mariner Way, west on Hickey Drive, west on Austin Avenue, south on Blue Mountain Street, west on Rochester Avenue, north on Guilby Street, west on Austin Avenue, south on North Road, and west on Gatineau Place to Lougheed Station.
During peak hours, select trips in both directions go via Chilko Drive. Eastbound trips depart Lougheed Station via regular route until Mariner Way & Chilko Drive, where trips head east on Chilko, north on Lougheed Highway, west on Dewdney Trunk Road, and north on Mariner Way where it continues its regular routing to Coquitlam Central Station. Westbound trips depart Coquitlam Central Station via regular route until Lougheed Highway & Dewdney Trunk Road, where it continues south on Lougheed, west on Chilko Drive, and south on Mariner Way where it continues its regular routing to Lougheed Station. Trips departing from both Coquitlam Central and Lougheed alternate between the regular and Chilko routing during peak hours.
On weekdays when school is in session, there are several trips travelling an alternate route. One morning westbound trip going via Chilko and afternoon regular westbound trip goes via the Poirier Sport & Leisure Complex routing via regular route until Austin Avenue & Poirier Street, where it heads south on Poirier, west on Winslow Avenue, north on Schoolhouse Street, and west on Austin Avenue where it continues its regular routing to Lougheed Station. One morning eastbound trip going via Chilko, one afternoon regular eastbound trip, and one afternoon trip via Chilko goes via the Poirier Sport & Leisure Complex routing via regular route until Austin Avenue & Schoolhouse Street, where trips head south on Schoolhouse, east on Winslow Avenue, north on Poirier Street, and east on Austin Avenue where it continues its regular routing to Coquitlam Central Station.
Points of Interest
- Lougheed Town Centre
- Lougheed Town Centre Station (Bay 2)
- Cariboo Shopping Centre
- Coquitlam College
- Brooksmere Park
- Charles Best Secondary School
- Coquitlam Central Station (Bay 10)
- Coquitlam Centre
- Mundy Park
- Westwood Shopping Centre
- August 1978 - Route renumbered to 152 Austin from 184 Austin. Service was interlined with the 163 Prairie and replaced portions of the discontinued 933 Lougheed
- Formerly route 152 Port Coquitlam Centre/Coquitlam Station/Vancouver
- October 1991 - Accessible service introduced on select trips
- July 1991 - Three trips during peak hours revised to bypass Riverview Hospital and operate via Chilko Drive and Mariner Way to service the River Heights area
- July 1992 - Service revised to stop on Winslow Avenue instead of inside the Coquitlam Rec Centre loop resulting in minor routing change
- June 1993 - Routing revised to go via Westview Drive instead of Guilby Street
- February 1996 - Peak hour trips extended from Burrard Station to Hornby & Nelson
- September 1996 - Routing revised to enter Coquitlam Station via the Johnson–Mariner overpass following its completion
- September 1997 - Stopping procedures revised at Brentwood to allow for pick-up and drop-off
- March 2000 - Route detoured with the construction of the Millennium Line. Routing from Vancouver via Lougheed Highway, Winston, Government, Austin to Lougheed Mall Transit Exchange and then continuing on to Port Coquitlam
- May 2000 - Millennium Line construction: Routing revised from Brentwood Mall via Willingdon, Dawson, Beta, Lougheed then regular route to Lougheed Mall
- June 2000 - Millennium Line construction: Temporary rerouting of detour routing revised to go via Lougheed, Bainbridge, Winston, then regular detour routing to Lougheed Mall due to the closure of Winston Slip
- July 2000 - Winston Slip reopened and detour routing revised to go via Lougheed, Winston, regular detour routing to Lougheed Mall
- October 2001 - Service on midday weekdays and all day weekends/holidays between Lougheed Mall and downtown discontinued due to funding shortfall, low ridership and service duplication
- September 2002 - Millennium Line service adjustments: Western terminus moved to Lougheed Station and eastern terminus to Coquitlam Station; service eliminated in the Dartmoor area; along United Boulevard and Cape Horn Avenue; and to Port Coquitlam
- September 2003 - Route became bike rack equipped
- December 2016 - Route renamed to 152 Coquitlam Central Station/Lougheed Station
- The Buzzer August 11, 1978 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 06-01-2017
- The Buzzer August 30, 1991 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 17-01-2017
- The Buzzer June 21, 1991 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 01-05-2020
- The Buzzer July 17, 1992 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 01-05-2020
- The Buzzer June 18, 1993 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 02-05-2020
- The Buzzer February 9, 1996 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 23-04-2020
- The Buzzer August 23, 1996 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 07-02-2021
- The Buzzer August 8, 1997 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 03-05-2020
- The Buzzer March 3, 2000 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 09-12-2009
- The Buzzer May 12, 2000 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 04-05-2020
- The Buzzer June 23, 2000 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 04-05-2020
- Backgrounder: Transit Service Reductions, translink.ca, retrieved 09-12-2009
- Service Cuts for October 15, 2001 listed by Route Number translink.ca, archived on Web Archive, retrieved 01-03-2021
- The Buzzer April 18, 2003 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 01-12-2017