Coast Mountain Bus Company route 345 'King George Station / White Rock Centre'
|Termini||King George Station|
White Rock Centre
|Operations||Surrey Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI D40LFR |
|Branches||345 King George Station|
345 White Rock Centre
345 King George Station/White Rock Centre is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is a north-south route running in Surrey and White Rock primarily along 152 Street. Service runs on weekdays only every 30 minutes, increasing to every 15 minutes during AM peak hours and every 20 minutes during PM peak hours. There is no evening service and no weekend/holiday service.
Northbound trips depart from its terminus at Thrift Avenue & Johnston Road heading west on Thrift, north on Oxford Street, east on North Bluff Road, and north on 152 Street to White Rock Centre, where it continues heading north on 152 Street, west on Fraser Highway, and north on King George Boulevard to King George Station.
Southbound trips depart from King George Station heading north on King George Boulevard, east on 100 Avenue, south on Whalley Boulevard, east on Fraser Highway, south on 152 Street to White Rock Centre, then continues south on 152 Street becoming Johnston Road and west on Thrift Avenue to Thrift Avenue & Johnston Road.
Midday and select morning southbound trips travel an alternate route near White Rock Centre via regular route to 152 Street & 18 Avenue, where trips head west on 18 Avenue becoming Martin Drive, east on North Bluff Road, and north on 152 Street to White Rock Centre, where trips continue as a 531 Willowbrook.
One early morning northbound trip starts at White Rock Centre instead of from Thrift Avenue & Johnston Road.
Points of Interest
- White Rock Centre (Bays 3 & 10 – White Rock Centre) (Bay 7 – King George Station)
- Surrey Public Library Semiahmoo Branch
- Semiahmoo Shopping Centre
- Sullivan Park
- BC SPCA Animal Shelters
- Evergreen Mall
- King George Station (Bays 2 & 3)
- September 1982 - Service introduced as 345 Johnston, connecting Guildford Town Centre to White Rock as a shopper service, running on weekdays only with one trip in each direction (morning to Guildford and afternoon to White Rock). Southbound trips ran on a request-stop basis south on 88th Avenue
- June 1987 - Service increased from two trips on weekday middays to every two hours Monday–Saturday
- BC Transit Era - Formerly 345 White Rock Centre/Guildford with bi-hourly service only during midday, Monday to Saturday
- March 1990 - Hourly peak hour service between Guildford Exchange and 152nd & Highway 10 proposed
- September 1997 - All-day service introduced with 30-minute service during peak hours and hourly service during off-peak; routing revised to operate via King George Highway and North Bluff Road
- November 1997 - Service revised to operate between White Rock Centre and Guildford Exchange, no longer interlining with the 320 to continue to Surrey Central Station
- October 2001 - Service reduced due to low ridership and funding shortfall. Northern terminus revised from Guildford Exchange to King George Station, running during peak hours only. AM peak service ran King George Station to White Rock Centre and PM peak service from White Rock Centre to Surrey Central Station. Routing revised to run via Fraser Highway and 152nd Street
- October 22, 2001 - Due to problems with schedule reliability and to improve route consistency, all trips revised to start/terminate at King George Station. PM service to Surrey Central Station discontinued
- September 2003 - Route made wheelchair accessible and equipped with bike racks
- December 2005 - Peak hour weekday service introduced
- September 2008 - Service improved to half-hourly from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday to Friday
- September 2011 - Weekday service after 8 pm revised to operate with Community Shuttles
- April 2018 - Weekday service after 7:30 pm revised to operate with conventional buses
- September 2018 - White Rock Centre terminus moved to North Bluff EB at Johnston (152nd Street)
- January 2021 - AM peak hour service increased from every 20 minutes to every 15 minutes. PM peak hour service increased from every 30 minutes to every 20 minutes
- April 2021 - Early morning weekday northbound service increased from every 20–30 minutes to every 15 minutes. Mid-afternoon southbound weekday service increased from every 30 minutes to every 20 minutes. White Rock Centre terminus revised to Thrift Avenue & Johnston Road
- The Buzzer September 3, 1982 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 18-11-2017
- The Buzzer March 27, 1987 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 16-03-2021
- Route Frequency Table, bctransit.com, retrieved 11-01-2010
- The Buzzer March 9, 1990 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 27-03-2021
- The Buzzer August 22, 1997 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 03-05-2020
- The Buzzer November 14, 1997 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 17-03-2021
- Backgrounder: Transit Service Reductions, translink.ca, retrieved 11-01-2010
- Service cuts for October 15, 2001 listed by route, translink.ca, retrieved 12-12-2009
- Service Cuts for October 15, 2001 listed by Route Number translink.ca, archived on Web Archive, retrieved 01-03-2021
- 345 White Rock Centre/Surrey Central Station translink.bc.ca, archived on Web Archive, retrieved 03-03-2021
- The Buzzer April 18, 2003 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 11-01-2010
- The Buzzer November 25, 2005 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 11-05-2020
- The Buzzer August 29, 2008 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 11-01-2010
- The Buzzer September 2, 2011 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 12-28-2017