Coast Mountain Bus Company route 147 'Braid Station / Coquitlam Town Centre'
This article is about the former trunk route between Coquitlam and New Westminster, not to be confused with the current 147 Metrotown Station/Edmonds Station community shuttle route.
|Service Area||New Westminster|
Coquitlam Town Centre
|Operations||Port Coquitlam Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||MCI TC40-102N |
|Branches||147 Braid Station|
147 Coquitlam Town Centre
147 Braid Station/Coquitlam Town Centre was a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This was an east-west route connecting Braid Station in New Westminster and Coquitlam Town Centre via Coquitlam Station. Service ran daily every 15 minutes.
Eastbound trips departed Braid Station heading west on Rosseau Street, west on Braid Street, north on Columbia Street becoming North Road, then Clarke Road to St. Johns Street and Barnet Highway, and south on Mariner Way to Coquitlam Station. Continuing from Coquitlam Station, trips went north on Mariner becoming Johnson Street, and east on Guildford Way to Coquitlam Town Centre at Guildford & Town Centre Boulevard.
Evening trips went via regular route to Clarke Road, then north on Glenayre Drive, east on Harvard Drive, north on Princeton Avenue becoming Washington Drive and College Park Way, south on Cecile Drive, and east on Clarke Road then regular route.
Westbound trips departed Coquitlam Town Centre heading east on Guildford Way, south on Pinetree Way becoming Lougheed Highway to Coquitlam Station. Continuing from Coquitlam Station, north on Mariner Way, west on Barnet Highway becoming St. Johns Street, Clarke Road, North Road, and Columbia Street, east on Braid Street, and north on Rosseau Street to Braid Station.
Evening trips via regular route to Clarke Road, north on Cecile Drive, north on College Park Way becoming Washington Drive, Princeton Avenue, west on Harvard Drive, south on Glenayre Drive, and south on Clarke Road then via regular route.
Evening trips in both directions entered the Lougheed Mall bus loop (at North Road & Austin Road). At all other times, trips serviced the street-side Lougheed Mall stops along North Road.
Points of Interest
- March 1985 - Service introduced as 147 Clarke, running between New Westminster at Columbia & Eighth and Coquitlam Centre at Pinetree & Lincoln to replace most portions of the 149 Dewdney. Unlike the 149, the 147's routing took Barnet Highway between Ioco Road and Pinetree Way instead of Dewdney Trunk Road
- Mid-1985 - Service renamed to 147 New Westminster Station/Coquitlam Centre
- January 1986 - Service rerouted to New Westminster Station to better connect to SkyTrain
- October 1990 - Accessible service introduced
- December 1991 - Select peak hour trips revised to run along Dewdney Trunk Road between Coquitlam Centre and St. Johns & Clearview to replace portions of the 149 Port Moody North/Coquitlam Centre
- September 1996 - Routing revised to enter Coquitlam Station via the Johnson–Mariner overpass following its completion
- April 1995 - Late-night Owl service to run from Coquitlam Station to Kingsway & Wilson adjacent to Port Coquitlam Transit Centre
- April 1997 - Service via Port Moody Station during peak hours discontinued
- September 1999 - Service on Dewdney Trunk Road discontinued and replaced by the 153; daytime service through College Park discontinued and replaced by the 148. Frequency increased to 15 minutes all-day daily
- November 1999 - Route became equipped with bike racks
- January 2001 - Southern terminus revised to Braid Station to avoid service duplication following completion of Millennium Line to Braid Station
- September 2002 - Service discontinued, with portions replaced by the Millennium Line and the 97 B-Line
- The Buzzer March 15, 1985 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 26-04-2020
- The Buzzer December 20, 1985 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 16-01-2017
- The Buzzer September 21, 1990 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 27-04-2020
- The Buzzer December 6, 1991 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 01-05-2020
- The Buzzer August 23, 1996 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 07-02-2021
- The Buzzer March 24, 1995 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 16-01-2017
- The Buzzer April 4, 1997 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 03-05-2020
- The Buzzer August 20, 1999 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 05-09-2020
- The Buzzer October 29, 1999 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 19-11-2017
- Bus service comes to the new Braid Millennium Station January 7, 2002, translink.ca, retrieved 08-12-2009
- Bus service comes to the new Braid Millennium Station January 7, 2002 translink.bc.ca, archived on Web Archive, retrieved 14-03-2021
- New Routes translink.bc.ca, archived on Web Archive, retrieved 06-05-2020