Coast Mountain Bus Company route N24 'Lynn Valley / Downtown Nightbus'
|Service Area||North Vancouver|
|Termini||Lynn Valley Centre|
Howe Street at Dunsmuir Street*
|Operations||Burnaby Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||Nova Bus LFS|
|Branches||N24 Lynn Valley NightBus|
N24 Downtown NightBus
N24 Lonsdale Quay NightBus (select trips)
|Daytime Routes|| SeaBus|
229 Lonsdale Quay/Lynn Valley
230 Lonsdale Quay/Upper Lonsdale
240 Lynn Valley/Downtown
241 Upper Lonsdale/Downtown
* Early morning trips start or terminate at Larwill Park at W. Georgia Street & Cambie Street. Late night trips start/terminate at Howe & Dunsmuir
N24 Lynn Valley/Downtown NightBus is a NightBus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is a north-south overnight route running daily in lieu of SeaBus service, North Shore–Downtown Vancouver bus services, and Lonsdale–Lynn Valley Centre bus services in North Vancouver. Service runs every 20 minutes, with the last two trips every 30 minutes, on weekdays and Saturdays, with Sunday/holidays trips every 30–40 minutes. Service on weekdays only run in the late night and service on weekends/holidays run in the early morning and late night.
Northbound trips depart from Howe Street & Dunsmuir Street heading south on Howe, west on Dunsmuir Street, north on Burrard Street, east on W. Pender Street, south on Cambie Street, west on W. Georgia Street through the Stanley Park Causeway and across the Lions Gate Bridge, then east on marine Drive becoming 3rd Street W., south on Chesterfield Avenue, east on Espalande W., south on Lonsdale Avenue, west on Carrie Cates Court to Lonsdale Quay. Continuing from Lonsdale Quay, the route heads east on Carrie Cates Court, north on Lonsdale Avenue, east on 29th Street E., and north on Lynn Valley Road to Lynn Valley Centre.
Southbound trips depart from Lynn Valley Centre heading east on Lynn Valley Road, south on Mountain Highway, west on 27th Street E., north on Lynn Valley Road, west on 29th Avenue E., south on Lonsdale Avenue, west on Carrie Cates Court to Lonsdale Quay. Continuing from Lonsdale Quay, the route heads east on Carrie Cates Court, north on Lonsdale Avenue, west on Esplanade W., north on Chesterfield Avenue, west on 3rd Street W. becoming Marine Drive, south across the Lions Gate Bridge through the Stanley Park Causeway becoming W. Georgia Street, north on Seymour Street, west on W. Pender Street, and south on Howe Street to Howe & Dunsmuir Street.
One southbound trip and two early morning northbound trip starting at Larwill Park on Sundays/holidays terminates at Lonsdale Quay. Some early morning weekend/holiday northbound trips and the first southbound trips daily start at Lonsdale Quay.
Early morning trips start or end at Larwill Park.
Northbound early morning trips depart from Larwill Park heading south on Cambie Street, west on W. Georgia Street and regular route to Lynn Valley Centre.
Southbound early morning trips depart Lynn Valley Centre via regular route until W. Georgia Street & Seymour Street, where it continues east on W. Georgia Street to Larwill Park.
Points of Interest
- Granville Station
- Vancouver City Centre Station
- Burrard Station
- Stanley Park
- Lions Gate Bridge
- Lonsdale Quay (Bay 1 – Downtown) (Bay 8 – Lynn Valley)
- Lions Gate Hospital
- Lynn Valley Centre
- Lynn Valley Centre (Bay 1)
- Pre-2001 - Service operated as an Owl Service component of the 242 Vancouver/Upper Lonsdale
- October 2001 - All Owl routes cancelled due to funding shortfall
- December 2004 - Service introduced under NightBus branding and ran until 3:10AM seven days a week
- June 2011 - All late night 242 Upper Lonsdale/Vancouver service revised to run as route N24 
- September 2013 - Service rerouted as part of service optimization with northbound terminus moved from Prospect at Rockland to Lynn Valley at Mountain Highway
- September 2016 - North Vancouver Transit Centre closed down, operations moved to Burnaby Transit Centre
- April 2020 - Downtown route diversion to Larwill Park introduced for early morning weekend/holiday trips to replace the 242 Lynn Valley/Vancouver
- April 24–May 14, 2020 - Service suspended as part of cost saving measures due to low ridership relating to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Service Cuts for October 15, 2001 listed by Route Number translink.ca, retrieved 23-04-2020
- The Buzzer December 24, 2004 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 19-01-2017
- The Buzzer June 3, 2011 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 28-12-2017
- N24 Service Optimization, translink.ca, retrieved 21-08-2013
- TransLink implements cost saving measures The Buzzer, retrieved 22-04-2020