Coast Mountain Bus Company route N24 'Lynn Valley / Downtown Nightbus'
|Service Area||North Vancouver|
|Termini||Lynn Valley Road at Mountain Highway|
Howe Street at Dunsmuir Street*
|Operations||Burnaby Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||Nova Bus LFS|
|Branches||N24 Lynn Valley NightBus|
N24 Downtown NightBus
N24 Lonsdale Quay NightBus (select trips)
|Daytime Routes|| SeaBus|
229 Lonsdale Quay/Lynn Valley
230 Lonsdale Quay/Upper Lonsdale
240 Lynn Valley/Downtown
241 Upper Lonsdale/Downtown
* select trips start or terminate at Larwill Park at W. Georgia Street & Cambie Street.
N24 Lynn Valley/Downtown NightBus is a NightBus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an overnight bus route providing service 7 days a week in lieu of regular 229 and 230 service, as well as North Shore–Downtown services 240, 241, and 246. Service runs every 20 minutes northbound (last two trips run every 30 minutes) on weekdays and Saturdays, with Sunday/holiday trips running every 30 to 40 minutes.
There is one southbound trip on weekdays and Saturdays starting from Lynn Valley Road at Mountain Highway and there is one trip on weekdays and Saturdays that start at Lonsdale Quay and on Sundays/holidays, there are two. On Sundays/holidays, there are four southbound trips, one of which short-turns at Lonsdale Quay. On early weekend/holiday mornings, southbound trips heading towards downtown terminate at Larwill Park instead of Howe Street & Dunsmuir Street.
There are eight northbound trips daily that start from Dunsmuir & Howe. On Sundays/holidays, there is one trip that starts at Larwill Park and there are also two early morning trips that start at Larwill Park and short-turn at Lonsdale Quay.
Northbound trips depart from Dunsmuir Street & Howe Street heading west on Dunsmuir, north on Burrard Street, east on W. Pender Street, south on Cambie Street, west on W. Georgia Street through the Stanley Park Causeway and across the Lions Gate Bridge, east on Marine Drive becomein W. 3rd Street, south on Chesterfield Avenue, east on Esplanade, south on Lonsdale Avenue, west on Carrie Cates Court to Lonsdale Quay. From Lonsdale Quay, the route returns east on Carrie Cates Court, north on Lonsdale Avenue, east on E. 29th Street, north on Lynn Valley Road to Mountain Highway.
For early morning Sunday/holiday northbound trips, the route departs from Larwill Park heading south on Cambie Street, west on W. Georgia Street and continues its regular northbound routing.
Southbound trips depart Lynn Valley Road & Mountain Highway heading south on Mountain Highway, west on 27th Street, north on Lynn Valley Road, west on E. 29th Street, south on Lonsdale Avenue, west on Carrie Cates Court to Lonsdale Quay. From Lonsdale Quay returning east on Carrie Cates Court, north on Lonsdale Avenue, west on Esplanade, north on Chesterfield Avenue, west on W. 3rd Street becoming Marine Drive and across the Lions Gate Bridge through the Stanley Park Causeway becoming W. Georgia Street, north on Seymour Street, west on W. Pender Street, south on Howe Street to its downtown terminus.
For early morning weekend/holiday southbound trips, the routing alters in downtown by continuing through W. Georgia Street to Larwill Park at Cambie Street.
Points of Interest
- Granville Station
- Vancouver City Centre Station
- Burrard Station
- Stanley Park
- Lions Gate Bridge
- Lonsdale Quay (Bay 17)
- Lions Gate Hospital
- Lynn Valley Centre
- Pre-2001 - Service operated as an Owl Service component of the 242 Vancouver/Upper Lonsdale
- October 2001 - All Owl routes cancelled due to funding shortfall
- December 2004 - Service introduced under NightBus branding and ran until 3:10AM seven days a week
- June 2011 - All late night 242 Upper Lonsdale/Vancouver service revised to run as route N24 
- September 2013 - Service rerouted as part of service optimization with northbound terminus moved from Prospect at Rockland to Lynn Valley at Mountain Highway
- September 2016 - North Vancouver Transit Centre closed down, operations moved to Burnaby Transit Centre
- April 2020 - Downtown route diversion to Larwill Park introduced for early morning weekend/holiday trips to replace the 242 Lynn Valley/Vancouver
- April 24–May 14, 2020 - Service suspended as part of cost saving measures due to low ridership relating to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Service Cuts for October 15, 2001 listed by Route Number translink.ca, retrieved 23-04-2020
- The Buzzer December 24, 2004 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 19-01-2017
- The Buzzer June 3, 2011 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 28-12-2017
- N24 Service Optimization, translink.ca, retrieved 21-08-2013
- TransLink implements cost saving measures The Buzzer, retrieved 22-04-2020