Coast Mountain Bus Company route R1 'King George Blvd RapidBus'
|Launched||January 6, 2020|
|Number of Stops||12|
|Operations||Surrey Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI D40LFR *|
NFI XD40 *
NFI XN40 *
R1 Newton Exchange
* During snowfall or in the event of a bus shortage
R1 King George Blvd is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is a north-south RapidBus route connecting Newton Exchange and Guildford Exchange via Surrey Central Station and King George Station, running primarily on King George Boulevard and 104th Avenue in Surrey. Service runs daily every 8–10 minutes. It is a Frequent Transit Network (FTN) route with service running seven days a week, 15 minutes or better for 15 hours or more of the day.
Northbound trips depart Newton Exchange heading north on 137th Street, west on 72nd Avenue, north on King George Boulevard, west on 102nd Avenue, and north on City Parkway to Surrey Central Station. Continuing from Surrey Central Station, trips head north on City Parkway and east on 104th Avenue to Guildford Exchange. Continuing from Guildford Exchange, trips continue east on 104th Avenue, north on 152nd Street, west on 105th Avenue, and north on 150th Street to the layover facility at Guildford Exchange.
Southbound trips depart from the Guildford Exchange layover facility heading south on Lincoln Drive, east on 105th Avenue, south on 152nd Street, and west on 104th Avenue to Guildford Exchange. Continuing from Guildford Exchange, trips head west on 104th Avenue and south on City Parkway to Surrey Central Station. Continuing from Surrey Central Station trips head south on City Parkway, east on 102nd Avenue, south on King George Boulevard, and east on 72nd Avenue to Newton Exchange.
During PM peak hours, northbound trips departing from Newton Exchange take an alternate route. Trips depart Newton Exchange heading north on 137 Street, east on 72 Avenue, north on 138 Street, and north on King George Boulevard where it continues its regular routing to Guildford Exchange with no changes in stops.
|R1 King George Blvd Stops|
|Pick-up and drop-off service at all stops.|
Points of Interest
- Guildford Exchange (Bay 2)
- Guildford Public Library
- Guildford Recreation Centre
- Guildford Town Centre
- Hawthorne Park
- North Surrey Indoor Pool
- Garden Centre
- Surrey Central Station (Bay 12 – Newton Exchange) (Bay 13 – Guildford)
- Simon Fraser University – Surrey Campus
- Central City Shopping Centre
- Holland Park
- King George Station (Bay 1 – Newton Exchange) (Bay 4 – Guildford)
- Surrey Memorial Hospital
- Surrey Arts Centre and Art Gallery
- Bear Creek Park
- Newton Recreation Centre and Community Hall
- Newton Wave Pool
- Newton Town Centre
- Newton Arena
- Newton Exchange (Bay 3)
- January 2020 - Service introduced as part of the RapidBus program roll-out, replacing the 96 B-Line with no changes in routing
- January 2022 - COVID-19 service adjustment: Minor changes in frequency on all trips daily
- Weekdays: Midday service reduced from every 7–8 minutes to every 10 minutes. PM peak hour service reduced from every 7–9 minutes to every 7–10 minutes. Evening and late-night service reduced from every 12 minutes to every 15 minutes
- Saturdays: Afternoon service reduced from every 8 minutes to every 10 minutes. Evening and late-night service reduced from every 9–12 minutes to every 12–15 minutes
- Sundays/holidays: Morning service reduced from every 12 minutes to every 15 minutes. Afternoon service reduced from every 8 minutes to every 10 minutes. Late-night service reduced from every 9–12 minutes to every 15 minutes
- April 2022 - Northbound routing during PM peak hours revised to go via 137 Street, 72 Avenue, 138 Street to King George Boulevard due to ongoing congestion challenges on 72 Avenue between Newton Exchange and King George Boulevard. This is a temporary measure until the congestion issue can be remedied
- The Buzzer December 20, 2019 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 1-1-2020