Coast Mountain Bus Company route 136 'Lougheed Stn / Brentwood Stn'
|Operations||Hamilton Transit Centre|
Port Coquitlam Transit Centre*
|Vehicles||Girardin G5 *|
Nova Bus LFS HEV
|Branches||136 Lougheed Station|
136 Brentwood Station
* Weekends/holidays only
136 Lougheed Station/Brentwood Station is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an east-west route connecting Lougheed Station and Brentwood Station running in Burnaby. Service runs daily every 30 minutes.
Eastbound trips depart Brentwood Station heading east on Lougheed Highway, south on Douglas Road, east on Goring Street, north on Holdom Avenue, east on Halifax Street, north on Burnwood Drive, east on Greystone Drive becoming Arden Avenue heading south, east on Broadway, north on Underhill Avenue, east on Forest Grove Drive, south on Production Way to Production Way–University Station. Continuing from Production Way Station, trips continue south on Production Way, east on Lougheed Highway, north on Austin Road, and east on Gatineau Place to Lougheed Station.
Westbound trips depart Lougheed Station heading west on Gatineau Place, south on Austin Road, west on Lougheed Highway, and north on Production Way to Production Way–University Station. Continuing from Production Way–University Station, trips head north on Production Way, west on Forest Grove Drive, south on Underhill Avenue, west on Broadway, north on Arden Avenue becoming Greystone Drive, south on Burnwood Drive, west on Halifax Street, south on Fell Avenue, west on Broadway, south on Holdom Avenue, west on Goring Street, west on Douglas Road, and west on Lougheed Highway to Brentwood Station.
On weekday afternoons when school is in session, one trip starting at Burnaby Mountain Secondary School departs Eastlake Drive & Beaverbrook Drive heading west on Eastlake, north on Production Way and follows the same routing as the 136 Brentwood Station and terminates at the 7900 Block on Broadway.
One trip on weekday afternoons take an alternate route to Brentwood Station. The trip goes on the regular 136 routing until Lougheed Highway & Douglas Road, where it continues west on Lougheed Highway, south on Beta Avenue, west on Dawson Avenue, north on Willingdon Avenue, and east on Lougheed Highway to Brentwood Station.
Points of Interest
- Brentwood Town Centre Station (Bay 3)
- Holdom Station
- Halifax Park
- Squint Lake Park
- Burnaby Mountain Golf Course
- Burnaby 200 Forest Conservation Land
- East Grove Park
- Maple Grove Park
- Production Way–University Station (Bay 2 – Lougheed Station) (Bay 3 – Brentwood Station)
- Bell Park
- Lougheed Town Centre Station (Bay 7)
- Lougheed Town Centre
- Cariboo Shopping Centre
- July 1961 - Service introduced as a circular route connecting Kootenay Loop and Halifax Street & Duthie Avenue
- BC Hydro Transit Era - Eastern terminus moved to Phillips and Montecito
- October 1984 - Service rebranded from 36 Kitchener to 136 Montecito/Kootenay Loop
- September 1989 - Service revised to operate only between the Montecito and Brentwood Mall with 30 minute service during the day and every 60 minutes during the evening and all day Sundays; service to Kootenay Loop discontinued and replaced by portions of the 134 Lougheed Mall/Kootenay Loop
- April 1997 - Route extended to Stanley Park during peak hours. Off-peak trips terminated at Kootenay Loop while AM/PM peak hour trips extended to Downtown Vancouver. AM peak terminated at Burrard Station and PM peak started from Stanley Park.
- (Westbound to Kootenay or Vancouver) via: Phillips, Montecito, Duthie, Halifax, Fell, Broadway, Holdom, Hastings, Richards, Pender, Burrard to Dunsmuir
- (Eastbound to Montecito) via: Chilco, Georgia, Pender, Seymour, Hastings, Holdom, Halifax, Phillips
- December 1997 - Due to traffic delays on Pender Street between Burrard and Seymour, routing revised to operate via Burrard and Hastings in both directions
- December 1999 - Downtown routing diverted via: Burrard Street, AM peak via: Hastings, Burrard to Dunsmuir and PM peak via: Pender, Burrard, Hastings
- October 2001 - Funding shortfall causes service before 8:00 AM on Saturdays, before 9:00 AM on Sundays and holidays and after 10:00 PM all days to be discontinued
- September 2002 - Millennium Line transit service adjustment: Service revised as 136 Brentwood Station/Lougheed Station. Discontinuation of peak hour service to Vancouver and service through Montecito discontinued following extension to Lougheed via Forest Grove, replacing portions of the 134 and 110 along Government Road
- (Westbound to Brentwood Town Centre) via: Gatineau, Austin, Government, Brighton, Production Way, Forest Grove, Underhill, Broadway, Arden, Greystone, Burnwood, Halifax, Fell, Broadway, Holdom, Goring, Douglas, Lougheed, Willingdon to Brentwood
- (Eastbound to Lougheed Town Centre) via: Willingdon, Lougheed, Douglas, Goring, Holdom, Halifax, Burnwood, Greystone, Arden, Broadway, Underhill, Forest Grove, Production Way, Brighton, Government St, Austin, Gatineau to Lougheed
- April 2005 - Service re-routed from Government Road to Lougheed Highway for service between Production Way Station and Lougheed Station, replacing portions of the 134
- October 2009 - One of the first routes to have Nova Bus LFS HEVs service the route
- August 2012 - Weekend and holiday service converted from conventional buses to Community Shuttles
- December 2012 - Peak hour service frequencies changed from 20 minutes to 30 minutes between 6-9am and 3-7pm. 
- December 2013 - Closure of Brentwood Station bus loop results in relocation of terminus to Lougheed Highway
- September 2016 - Weekday route operations moved from Burnaby Transit Centre to Hamilton Transit Centre as part of a mass re-organization involving closure of North Vancouver Transit Centre and the transfer of all its operations to Burnaby Transit Centre
- The Buzzer July 14, 1961 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 26-01-2017
- The Buzzer October 12, 1984 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 04-01-2017
- The Buzzer August 25, 1989 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 14-01-2017
- The Buzzer March 31, 1997 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 02-01-2017
- The Buzzer November 28, 1997 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 03-05-2020
- Backgrounder Transit Service Reductions, translink.ca, retrieved 24-10-2009
- Bus Service to Kensington Plaza, translink.ca, retrieved 22-01-2018
- The Buzzer August 31, 2012 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 10-10-2014
- The Buzzer December 7, 2012 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 27-06-2014