Coast Mountain Bus Company route 136 'Lougheed Stn / Brentwood Stn'
|Operations||Hamilton Transit Centre|
Port Coquitlam Transit Centre (weekends/holidays)
|Vehicles||NFI XN40 |
Nova Bus LFS HEV
Girardin G5 (weekends/holidays)
|Branches||136 Lougheed Station|
136 Brentwood Station
School Special (PM School Special trip)
136 Lougheed Station/Brentwood Station is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an east-west route plying through North Burnaby. It parallels sections of the Millennium Line as a SkyTrain feeder route with service to residential and industrial areas.
The route departs Brentwood Station on Lougheed Highway heading east, merging onto Douglas Road, Goring Street, Holdom Avenue northbound to Halifax Street heading east, north on Burnwood Drive to Greystone Drive heading east becoming Arden Avenue where Greystone meets Shellmont Street. The route continues south along Arden to Broadway heading east, north along Underhill Avenue to Forest Grove Drive heading east becoming Production Way to Production Way Station. Continuing from Production Way Station, the route continues south on Production Way, east on Lougheed Highway, north on Austin Road, east on Gatineau Place to Lougheed Station.
Westbound trips depart Lougheed Station going west on Gatineau Place, south on Austin Road, west on Lougheed Highway, north on Production Way to Production Station. Continuing from Production Station, north on Production Way, west on Forest Grove Drive, south on Underhill Avenue, west on Broadway, north on Arden Avenue becoming Greystone Drive, south on Burnwood Drive, west on Halifax Street, south on Fell Avenue, west on Broadway, south on Holdom Avenue passing Holdom Station, west on Goring Street, west on Douglas Road, west on Lougheed Highway to Brentwood Station.
The PM School Special trip departs from Burnaby Mountain Secondary School at Eastlake Drive and Beaverbrook Drive and continues west on Eastlake, north on Production Way and follows the same routing as the 136 Brentwood Station and terminates at the 7900 block on Broadway.
One trip on weekday afternoons take an alternate route to Brentwood Station. The trip goes on the regular 136 routing until Lougheed Highway & Douglas Road, where it continues west on Lougheed Highway, south on Beta Avenue, west on Dawson Avenue, north on Willingdon Avenue, and east on Lougheed Highway to Brentwood Station.
Points of Interest
- Brentwood Town Centre Station (Bay 3)
- Holdom Station
- Halifax Park
- Squint Lake Park
- Burnaby Mountain Golf Course
- Burnaby 200 Forest Conservation Land
- East Grove Park
- Maple Grove Park
- Production Way–University Station (Bay 2 – Lougheed Station) (Bay 3 – Brentwood Station)
- Bell Park
- Lougheed Town Centre Station (Bay 7)
- Lougheed Town Centre
- Cariboo Shopping Centre
- July 1961 - Service introduced as a circular route connecting Kootenay Loop to Halifax and Duthie
- BC Hydro Transit Era - Eastern terminus moved to Phillips and Montecito
- October 1984 - Service rebranded from 36 Kitchener to 136 Montecito/Kootenay Loop
- September 1989 - Service rebranded to 136 Montecito/Brentwood with service revised to operate only between the Montecito-Greystone area and Brentwood Mall with 30 minute service during the day and every 60 minutes during the evening and all day Sundays
- April 1997 - Route extended to Stanley Park during peak hours. Off-peak trips terminated at Kootenay Loop while AM/PM peak hour trips extended to Downtown Vancouver. AM peak terminated at Burrard Station and PM peak started from Stanley Park.
- (Westbound to Kootenay or Vancouver) via: Philips, Montecito, Duthie, Halifax, Fell, Broadway, Holdom, Hastings, Richards, Pender, Burrard to Dunsmuir
- (Eastbound to Montecito) via: Chilco, Georgia, Pender, Seymour, Hastings, Holdom, Halifax, Philips
- December 1997 - Due to traffic delays on Pender Street between Burrard and Seymour, routing revised to operate via Burrard and Hastings in both directions
- December 1999 - Downtown routing diverted via: Burrard Street, AM peak via: Hastings, Burrard to Dunsmuir and PM peak via: Pender, Burrard, Hastings
- October 2001 - Funding shortfall causes service before 8:00 AM on Saturdays, before 9:00 AM on Sundays and holidays and after 10:00 PM all days to be canceled
- September 2002 - Millennium Line transit service changes: route revised as "136 Brentwood Stn/Lougheed Stn"
- (Westbound to Brentwood Town Centre) via: Gatineau, Austin, Government, Brighton, Production Way, Forest Grove, Underhill, Broadway, Arden, Greystone, Burnwood, Halifax, Fell, Broadway, Holdom, Goring, Douglas, Lougheed, Willingdon to Brentwood
- (Eastbound to Lougheed Town Centre) via: Willingdon, Lougheed, Douglas, Goring, Holdom, Halifax, Burnwood, Greystone, Arden, Broadway, Underhill, Forest Grove, Production Way, Brighton, Government St, Austin, Gatineau to Lougheed
- April 2005 - Service re-routed from Government Road to Lougheed Highway for service between Production Way Station and Lougheed Station
- October 2009 - One of the first routes to have Nova Bus LFS HEVs service the route
- August 2012 - Weekend and holiday service converted from conventional buses to Community Shuttles. 
- December 2012 - Rush hour service frequencies changed from 20 minutes to 30 minutes between 6-9am and 3-7pm. 
- December 2013 - Closure of Brentwood Station bus loop results in relocation of terminus to Lougheed Highway
- September 2016 - Weekday route operations moved from Burnaby Transit Centre to Hamilton Transit Centre as part of a mass re-organization involving closure of North Vancouver Transit Centre and the transfer of all its operations to Burnaby Transit Centre
- The Buzzer July 14, 1961 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 26-01-2017
- The Buzzer October 12, 1984 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 04-01-2017
- The Buzzer August 25, 1989 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 14-01-2017
- The Buzzer March 31, 1997 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 02-01-2017
- The Buzzer November 28, 1997 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 03-05-2020
- Backgrounder Transit Service Reductions, translink.ca, retrieved 24-10-2009
- Bus Service to Kensington Plaza, translink.ca, retrieved 22-01-2018
- The Buzzer August 31, 2012 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 10-10-2014
- The Buzzer December 7, 2012 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 27-06-2014