Coast Mountain Bus Company route 19 'Metrotown Stn / Stanley Park'
|Operations||Vancouver Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI E40LFR |
Nova Bus LFS *
Nova Bus LFS HEV *
|Branches||19 Metrotown Station|
19 Stanley Park
19 Kingsway to Joyce***
19 Main Street Station!
19 To Granville#
* In the event of a route diversion or bus shortage and summer shuttle trips
19 Metrotown Station/Stanley Park is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an east-west route connecting Metrotown Station in Burnaby and Stanley Park via Downtown Vancouver running primarily on Kingsway. It is the only trolley route in the system that extends outside Vancouver. It is a Frequent Transit Network (FTN) route with service 15 minutes or better for 15 hours or more, seven days a week.
Eastbound trips depart from Stanley Park heading west on Rose Garden Lane, south on Pipeline Road to access W. Georgia Street heading east, east on W. Pender Street becoming E. Pender Street, south on Main Street, east on Kingsway, south on Willingdon Avenue, and east on Central Boulevard to Metrotown Station.
Westbound trips depart Metrotown Station heading west on Central Boulevard, north on Willingdon Avenue, west on Kingsway, north on Main Street, west on E. Pender Street becoming W. Pender Street, west on W. Georgia Street, north on Pipeline Road, and east on Rose Garden Lane to Stanley Park.
Select evening and late-night trips end at Kingsway & Joyce Street and select trips continue as a 41 To Granville Street or 41 To Oak Street. Early morning weekend/holiday trips starting from Metrotown Station run as 19 Downtown and route via regular route until W. Pender Street & Howe Street, where it heads south on Howe, west on Dunsmuir Street, north on Burrard Street, east on W. Pender Street where it terminates at W. Pender & Burrard Street. Late-night trips starting from Metrotown Station also run as 19 Downtown but terminate at W. Pender Street & Hamilton Street with no changes in routing.
Some evening trips departing from Stanley Park terminate at W. Pender Street & Granville Street with no changes in routing.
Some early morning trips towards Stanley Park start at Cambie Street & W. Hastings Street and go south on Cambie, west on W. Pender Street and regular routing to Stanley Park. Towards Metrotown Station, some early morning trips start at Kingsway & Joyce Street, from Kingsway & E. Broadway, and from W. Pender Street & Burrard Street with no changes in routing.
Additional shuttle service using diesel buses operates between Stanley Park and Main Street–Science World, routing via regular route to Main Street and National Avenue. Returning to Stanley Park from National Avenue via National Avenue, Station Street, Terminal Avenue, Main Street then regular route to Stanley Park. This is provided during the summer season only, including on weekends in September.
Points of Interest
- Stanley Park Loop (Bay 2)
- Lost Lagoon Lake
- Pacific Central Station
- Science World
- Main Street–Science World Station (Bay 1 – Metrotown Station) (Bay 2 – Stanley Park)
- Mount St. Joseph Hospital
- Robson Park
- Norquay Park
- Central Park
- Crystal Mall
- Burnaby Public Library
- Burnaby Civic Plaza
- Station Square
- Metrotown Station (Bay 2)
- Metropolis at Metrotown
- August 1957 - 19 Kingsway interlined with the 8 Davie
- April 1981 - Interlining with 8 Davie ends and interlining with 15 Cambie begins
- January 1980 - Pender–Keefer Diversion closure: routing revised in Chinatown to take Pender Street in both directions following changes to make Pender a two-way street
- November 1980 - Trolley extension from Joyce Loop to Kingsway & Nelson Street in Burnaby proposed
- March 1986 - Route extended to Metrotown Station from Joyce Loop and renamed and renumbered from 11 Stanley Park and 19 Kingsway to 19 Metrotown Station/Stanley Park
- December 1993 - Service from Georgia Street to Chilco Loop in Stanley Park discontinued; route revised to operate by Alberni between Denman and Chilco; Weekday service to Stanley Park discontinued, with trips operating 19 Downtown by Pender, Howe, Dunsmuir and Burrard back to Pender Street
- April 1994 - Stanley Park service rerouted via Georgia, Pipeline, Georgia to Chilco instead of via Alberni to Chilco
- September 1994 - Accessible service on Sundays and holidays introduced
- April 1997 - Service revised to terminate in Downtown and renamed 19 Metrotown Station/Downtown
- September 2001 - Metrotown Station reconstruction: terminus temporarily revised to Patterson Station
- November 2001 - Metrotown Station reopens; service to Patterson Station discontinued
- September 2003 - New terminus in Stanley Park; route extended into Stanley Park
- December 2007 - Service becomes accessible and bike rack equipped with New Flyer Industries E40LFR low-floor trolleys
- May 2019 - Summer shuttle downtown terminus moved from Cambie Street & W. Pender Street to Main Street–Science World Station
- June 2020 - COVID-19 service adjustment: Stanley Park summer shuttle service discontinued
- April 2021 - COVID-19 service adjustment: Stanley Park shuttle service reinstated for the summer season
- January 2021 - COVID-19 service adjustment: Weekday daytime service reduced from every 10–12 minutes to every 10–15 minutes, with evening service reduced from every 12–15 minutes to every 20 minutes. Saturday daytime service reduced from every 10–12 minutes to every 12–15 minutes. Sunday/holiday early to mid-morning service reduced from every 12–20 minutes to every 15–20 minutes, late-morning to noon service reduced from every 6–8 minutes to every 12 minutes and evening service reduced from every 8–15 minutes to every 12–15 minutes
- The Buzzer August 23, 1957 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 09-09-2010
- The Buzzer April 3, 1981 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 16-05-2020
- The Buzzer January 11, 1980 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 26-04-2020
- The Buzzer November 14, 1980 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 26-04-2020
- List of bus routes in Metro Vancouver, wikipedia.org, retrieved 10-09-2009
- The Buzzer February 14, 1986, translink.ca, retrieved 05-10-2014
- The Buzzer December 3, 1993 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 27-03-2010
- The Buzzer April 8, 1994 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 02-05-2020
- The Buzzer August 26, 1994 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 27-03-2010
- The Buzzer April 4, 1997 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 25-03-2010
- The Buzzer September 14, 2001 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 04-05-2020
- The Buzzer November 12, 2001 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 04-05-2020
- The Buzzer August 8, 2003 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 03-05-2018
- The Buzzer December 14, 2007 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 09-11-2009