Coast Mountain Bus Company route 101 'Lougheed Stn / 22nd St Stn'
22nd Street Station
|Operations||Hamilton Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI XN40 |
Nova Bus LFS HEV
|Branches||101 Lougheed Station|
101 22nd Street Station
* PM School Special trip via alternate route, terminating at Edmonds Station
101 Lougheed Station/22nd Street Station is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is a north-south route connecting Lougheed Station in Burnaby and 22nd Street Station in New Westminster. Service runs daily every 30 minutes, increasing to every 20 minutes during peak hours. Late-night service daily runs every hour.
Northbound trips depart 22nd Street Station heading east on 7th Avenue, south on 20th Street, east on Sixth Avenue, north on Sixth Street, east on 12th Avenue, north on 1st Street, east on 16th Avenue, south on Cumberland Street, east on Armstrong Avenue, north on Cariboo Road, east on Government Street becoming Austin Road, and east on Gatineau Place to Lougheed Station.
Southbound trips depart Lougheed Station heading west on Gatineau Place, south on Austin Road becoming Government Street, south on Cariboo Road, west on Armstrong Avenue, north on Cumberland Street, west on 16th Avenue, south on 1st Street, west on 12th Avenue, south on 6th Street, west on Sixth Avenue, north on 22nd Street, and east on 7th Avenue to 22nd Street Station.
A southbound PM school special trip departs from Cariboo Hill Secondary School at Armstrong Avenue & Coquitlam Street and terminates at Edmonds Station instead of 22nd Street Station. The school special routes via Armstrong, north on Cumberland Street, west on 16th Avenue, north on 6th Street, and west on Edmonds Street to Edmonds Station.
Points of Interest
- 22nd Street Station (Bay 5)
- Moody Park
- Moody Park Arena
- Royal City Centre/Westminster Mall
- Mercer Stadium
- Eastburn Park
- George Derby Long Term Care Centre
- Cariboo Hill Secondary School
- Cariboo Park
- Lougheed Town Centre
- Cariboo Shopping Centre
- Lougheed Town Centre Station (Bay 4)
- March 1986 - Service introduced to replace portions of the 102 Lougheed Mall/Annacis Island/Queensboro and 108 Cumberland/Elliott/22nd Street Station
- April 1987 - Route combined with the 104, extending to Queensborough and Annacis Island
- December 1993 - Operated as 101 Lougheed Mall/Queensboro/Annacis Island; four morning peak and afternoon peak trips extended to operate along Eaton Way on Annacis Island to supplement the temporary 340 Annacis Island Shuttle
- December 1995 - Route revised to operate between Lougheed Mall and 22nd Street Station only. Service to Queensborough discontinued and replaced by a rerouting of the 410
- September 1998 - Operations transferred from Burnaby Transit Centre to Port Coquitlam Transit Centre
- April 2011 - Late-night service reduced from every 30 minutes to every hour due to low ridership
- September 2013 - Service rerouted as part of service optimization to run from 6th Street to 6th Avenue to 22nd Street Station bypassing 8th Street and 8th Avenue
- September 2016 - Route operations moved from Port Coquitlam Transit Centre to Hamilton Transit Centre as part of a mass re-organization involving closure of North Vancouver Transit Centre and the transfer of all its operations to Burnaby Transit Centre
- The Buzzer February 28, 1986, translink.ca, retrieved 05-10-2014
- The Buzzer April 10, 1987 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 26-04-2020
- The Buzzer December 3, 1993 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 24-05-2017
- The Buzzer December 1, 1995 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 24-05-2017
- The Buzzer April 1, 2011 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 05-01-2022
- Route 101/154 Service Optimization, translink.ca, retrieved 21-08-2013