Coast Mountain Bus Company route 335 'Surrey Central Station / Guildford / Newton Exchange'
|Termini||Surrey Central Station|
|Operations||Surrey Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI D40LF |
|Branches||335 Surrey Central Station|
335 Newton Exchange
School Special (PM School Special)
335 Surrey Central Station/Guildford/Newton Exchange is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an east-west route running in the City of Surrey through the Whalley, Guildford and Newton neighbourhoods. It runs through major residential areas providing connecting service to the Expo Line at Surrey Central Station. Service for the whole route is every 20 minutes at peak times, and every 30 minutes the rest of the time. During some time periods, the frequency between Guildford and Surrey Central Station is doubled to every 10 minutes at peak and every 15 minutes weekday midday.
The route departs from its southern terminus at Newton Exchange, taking 72nd Ave eastbound, 152nd Street to 84th Avenue eastbound, 160th Street until turning onto 100th Avenue and then 156th Street. From 156th the route continues along 104th Avenue westbound passing the on-street Guildford Exchange, followed by 150th Street, 108th Avenue until Gateway Station and then south along University Drive to 104th Avenue and then City Parkway to its terminus at Surrey Central. After 9:30pm weekdays, before 8am and after 6:30pm Saturdays and after 6:30pm Sundays service operates only from Surrey Central Station to Guildford.
When school is in session, a trip in the PM peak serving Holy Cross and North Surrey Secondary Schools departs 160th street and 88th avenue and heads to Surrey Central Station.
When school is in session, two more eastbound trips (one in the AM peak and another in the PM peak) serve Fleetwood Park Secondary School via 160th Street, 80th Avenue, 156th Street, and 84th Avenue to regular route.
When school is in session, another trip starts at 91st Avenue at 152nd Street serving Surrey Christian School - Secondary Campus and Fleetwood Park Secondary School. From 91st at 152nd, it heads south on 152nd Street, west along 88th Avenue, south on 148th Street, east on 84th Avenue, south on 156th Street, and east on 80th Avenue where it serves Fleetwood Park. From there, it continues on 80th Avenue, onto 160th street and continues its regular westbound routing from 160th Street and 84th Avenue towards Surrey Central Station.
Short turn service at Guildford Exchange runs on weekdays only and early morning Saturdays.
Points of Interest
- Newton Exchange
- Fleetwood Park Secondary School (Peak hours only)
- Holy Cross Regional High School
- North Surrey Secondary School
- Guildford Town Centre
- Guildford Exchange (Bay 1 – Newton Exchange) (Bays 2 & 3 – Surrey Central Station)
- Guildford Library and Recreation Centre
- Guildford Park Secondary School
- Gateway Station (Bay 2 – Surrey Central Station) (Bay 3 – Newton Exchange)
- Surrey Central Station (Bay 3)
- North Surrey Recreation Centre
- Surrey Public Library Whalley Branch
- Central City Mall
- Simon Fraser University – Surrey Campus
- September 1990 - Service introduced as a peak hour route operating between Fleetwood and Guildford via 160 Street
- September 1994 - Re-routed to 88th Avenue, 148th Street, 84th Avenue, 152nd Street to Surrey Central 
- April 2003 - Route became bike rack equipped
- September 2007 - Weekend and holiday service introduced and weekday service between 3pm and 6pm increased to half hourly
- April 2008 - Service hours extended to run until 9:00 PM on weekdays
- September 2013 - Service from route 332 Guildford/Surrey Central Station merged into this route. Service rerouted away from Fleetwood (former routing from 84th at 152nd along 84th Ave, 148th St, 88th Ave, 152nd Street, 92nd Ave, Fleetwood Way to terminus at 91st Ave at 152nd) and redirected to Newton Exchange via 84th Avenue, 152nd Street and 72nd Avenue. 
- The Buzzer August 24, 1990 Issue translink.ca retrieved 26-11-2017
- The Buzzer August 28, 1994 Edition, translink.ca, retroieved 13-01-2017
- The Buzzer April 18, 2003 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 12-01-2017
- South of Fraser to see service improvements in September, translink.ca, retrieved 20-12-2009
- The Buzzer April 11, 2008 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 20-12-2009
- The Buzzer August 30, 2013 Issue, translink.ca,retrieved 17-05-2018