Coast Mountain Bus Company route 335 'Surrey Central Station / Guildford / Newton Exchange'
|Termini||Surrey Central Station|
|Operations||Surrey Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI D40LFR |
|Branches||335 Surrey Central Station|
335 Newton Exchange
*Three early morning Saturday trips
335 Surrey Central Station/Newton Exchange is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an east-west route running in Surrey connecting Surrey Central Station, Guildford Town Centre, and Newton Exchange. Service runs daily every 15 minutes, increasing to every 10–12 minutes during peak hours. Service on weekends/holidays run every 15–30 minutes.
Eastbound trips depart Surrey Central Station heading north on University Drive, east on 108th Avenue, south on 150th Street, east on 104th Avenue, south on 156th Street, west on 100th Avenue, south on 160th Street, west on 84th Avenue, south on 152nd Street, and west on 72nd Avenue to Newton Exchange.
Westbound trips depart Newton Exchange heading east on 72nd Avenue, north on 152nd Street, east on 84th Avenue, north on 160th Street, east on 100th Avenue, north on 156th Street, west on 104th Avenue, north on 150th Street, west on 108th Avenue, and south on University Drive to Surrey Central Station.
When school is in session on weekdays, there are four school specials. One eastbound morning and afternoon trip departs from Surrey Central Station and routes via regular route until 160th Street & Fraser Highway, where trips continue south on 160th, west on 80th Avenue, north on 156th Street, and west on 84th Avenue where it continues its regular routing to Newton Exchange. In the afternoon, one westbound trip departs from 160th Street & 88th Avenue with no changes in routing. Another eastbound trip in the afternoon starts at 91st Avenue & 152nd Street heading west on 91st Avenue, south on 152nd Street, west on 88th Avenue, south on 148th Street, east on 84th Avenue, then regular route to Surrey Central Station.
Early morning eastbound Saturday trips short-turn at Guildford Exchange and return to Surrey Central Station routing via regular route until 150th Street, then east on 105th Avenue, south on 152nd Street, and west on 104th Avenue to 104th & 152nd Street.
Points of Interest
- Newton Exchange (Bay 11)
- Fleetwood Park Secondary School (Peak hours only)
- Holy Cross Regional High School
- North Surrey Secondary School
- Guildford Town Centre
- Guildford Exchange (Bay 1 – Newton Exchange) (Bay 2 – Surrey Central Station)
- Guildford Library and Recreation Centre
- Guildford Park Secondary School
- Gateway Station (Bay 2 – Surrey Central Station) (Bay 3 – Newton Exchange)
- Surrey Central Station (Bay 3)
- North Surrey Recreation Centre
- Surrey Public Library Whalley Branch
- Central City Mall
- Simon Fraser University – Surrey Campus
- March 1990 - Service proposed to connect Guildford and Fleetwood with regular service to Holy Cross and North Surrey secondary schools, running every hour Mondays–Saturdays
- September 1990 - Service introduced as 335 Guildford/Fleetwood, a peak hour service via 160 Street
- April 1991 - Midday Monday–Saturday service introduced and route revised to run along 105th Avenue between 152nd and 154th streets
- September 1994 - Re-routed to 88th Avenue, 148th Street, 84th Avenue, 152nd Street to Surrey Central 
- December 1994 - One weekday afternoon trip revised to service Fleetwood Secondary School via 80th Avenue, 156th Street, 84th Avenue
- April 2003 - Route became bike rack equipped
- December 2003 - Routing revised to go via 152nd Street, Fraser Highway, Fleetwood Way, 91st Avenue to the Fleetwood terminus instead of turning right off 152nd Street onto 92nd Avenue due to the tightness of the turn at the intersection
- September 2007 - Weekend and holiday service introduced and weekday service between 3pm and 6pm increased to half hourly
- April 2008 - Service hours extended to run until 9:00 PM on weekdays
- September 2013 - Service from route 332 Guildford/Surrey Central Station merged into this route. Service rerouted away from Fleetwood (former routing from 84th at 152nd along 84th Ave, 148th St, 88th Ave, 152nd Street, 92nd Ave, Fleetwood Way to terminus at 91st Ave at 152nd) and extended to Newton Exchange via 84th Avenue, 152nd Street and 72nd Avenue
- January 2021 - Weekday Guildford short-turn trips revised to travel full route to Newton Exchange
- April 2021 - Saturday early afternoon service increased from every 30 minutes to every 20 minutes and mid-to-late-afternoon service from every 20 minutes to every 15 minutes
- The Buzzer March 23, 1990 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 27-03-2021
- The Buzzer August 24, 1990 Issue translink.ca retrieved 26-11-2017
- The Buzzer March 29, 1991 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 01-05-2020
- The Buzzer August 28, 1994 Edition, translink.ca, retrieved 13-01-2017
- The Buzzer December 2, 1994 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 19-03-2021
- The Buzzer April 18, 2003 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 12-01-2017
- The Buzzer November 14, 2003 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 05-05-2020
- South of Fraser to see service improvements in September, translink.ca, retrieved 20-12-2009
- The Buzzer April 11, 2008 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 20-12-2009
- The Buzzer August 30, 2013 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 17-05-2018