Coast Mountain Bus Company route 3 'Main / Downtown'
|Termini||Marine Drive Station|
Seymour Street at Cordova Street
|Operations||Vancouver Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI E60LFR |
NFI E40LFR (occasionally)
Nova Bus LFS (occasionally)
Nova Bus LFS HEV (occasionally)
|Branches||3 Main–Marine Drive Station|
3 Main/Downtown is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is a north-south circular route connecting Marine Drive Station and Downtown Vancouver running along Main Street. It is a Frequent Transit Network (FTN) route with service 15 minutes or better for 15 hours or more, seven days a week.
Trips depart from Marine Drive Station heading north on Yukon Street, east on SW Marine Drive becoming SE Marine Drive, north on Main Street, west on E. Hastings Street, north on Seymour Street, then east on W. Cordova Street to W. Cordova & Seymour Street. Continuing from W. Cordova & Seymour, the route continues east on W. Cordova, then south along Main Street, east on E. 65th Avenue, south on Sophia Street, and west on SE Marine Drive becoming SW Marine Drive, and south on Yukon Street to Marine Drive Station.
In October 2009, real time information displays manufactured by INIT were installed at 29 stops along the route on Main Street. The displays were installed as part of the Main Street Urban Showcase Project, jointly funded by Transport Canada, TransLink, and the City of Vancouver.
Points of Interest
- Waterfront Station (Bay 3)
- Provincial Court of British Columbia
- Carnegie Community Centre
- Thornton Park
- Main Street–Science World Station (Bay 1 – Main) (Bay 2 – Downtown)
- Science World
- Sunset Community Centre
- Marine Drive Station (Bay 1)
- Marine Gateway Shopping Complex
- 1953 - Eastbound trips as 3 Main ran eastbound and westbound trips as 5 Robson
- March 1986 - 5 Robson trips renumbered to 3 Robson
- April 1991 - Sunday/holiday evening shuttle service in the West End introduced to run as 3 Robson/Downtown
- September 1997 - Robson section split to form the 5 Robson/Downtown; interlining with 20 Victoria/Downtown begins
- December 2008 - Downtown routing revised to run via Hastings, Seymour onto Cordova
- September 2009 - Extended to Marine Drive Station with select trips short-turning at Marine & Main; downtown routing reverted to Hastings, Richards, Robson, Seymour, Cordova; service interlined with the 20 Victoria/Downtown
- September 2010 - Downtown routing reverted to via Hastings, Seymour, Cordova
- April 2014 - All trips revised to terminate at Main & Marine due to Marine Gateway construction; service along Marine Drive temporarily discontinued
- April 2015 - Service to Marine Drive Station restored
- September 2020 - All southbound trips revised to terminate at Marine Drive Station and discontinuation of short-turn trips at SE Marine & Main
- Main Street bus information displays are now active buzzer.translink.ca, retrieved 02-07-2018
- INIT – TransLink initse.com, retrieved 02-07-2018
- What are those weird poles at the Main Street bus stops? buzzer.translink.ca, retrieved 02-07-2018
- The Buzzer February 28, 1986 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 03-09-2010
- The Buzzer April 12, 1991 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 15-05-2020
- The Buzzer August 8, 1997 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 03-09-2010
- The Buzzer December 5, 2008 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 03-09-2010
- The Buzzer December 15, 2008 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 03-09-2010
- The Buzzer August 27, 2010 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 28-12-2017
- The Buzzer April 11, 2014 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 12-06-2020
- April 3, 2015 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 12-06-2020
- Route diagram of 3 Marine Drive Station/Main/Downtown, as of September 2010. Translink. Retrieved November 27, 2010.
- Public timetable of 3 Marine Drive Station/Main/Downtown, as of September 6, 2010. Translink. Retrieved November 27, 2010.