Coast Mountain Bus Company route 14 'Hastings / Downtown / UBC'
University Endowment Lands
Homer Street at W. Pender Street*
University of British Columbia
|Operations||Vancouver Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI E40LFR |
Nova Bus LFS (occasionally)
Nova Bus LFS HEV (occasionally)
14 To Granville**
* Most evening trips terminate in downtown instead of at Kootenay Loop. Some terminate/start at Howe Street & Dunsmuir Street
14 Hastings/UBC is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an east-west route connecting Kootenay Loop and the University of British Columbia via Downtown Vancouver. Service runs daily every 15 minutes, increasing to every 10 minutes during peak hours. There is limited evening service between Downtown Vancouver and Kootenay Loop daily.
Eastbound trips depart from the University of British Columbia heading east on University Boulevard becoming W. 10th Avenue, north on Alma Street, east on W. Broadway, north on Macdonald Street, east on W. 4th Avenue, south on Fir Street, east on W. 5th Avenue, north on Granville Street across the Granville Street Bridge and continuing north on Granville Street, east on W. Hastings Street becoming E. Hastings Street to Kootenay Loop.
Westbound trips depart Kootenay Loop heading west on E. Hastings Street becoming W. Hastings Street, south on Granville Street and across the Granville Street Bridge, exiting by going on West Cloverleaf, west on W. 5th Avenue, north on Fir Street, west on W. 4th Avenue, south on Macdonald Street, west on W. Broadway, south on Alma Street, and west on W. 10th Avenue becoming University Boulevard to the University of British Columbia.
On Fridays, weekends/holidays, and days preceding holidays after 9pm, there is no service on Granville Street between the Granville Street Bridge and Hastings Street. Eastbound trips use Seymour Street and westbound trips use Howe Street.
Most evening trips departing from UBC terminate at Homer Street & W. Pender Street. Some trips on Friday evenings begin at Seymour Street & Davie Street and head north on Seymour, east on W. Hastings and continue the regular routing to Kootenay Loop. Also on Friday evenings, three trips beginning from UBC run as 14 To Granville and go via regular route until W. Broadway & Macdonald Street, where it runs non-stop on Broadway and turns north on Granville Street where it terminates at Granville & W. 7th Avenue. Some evening Friday trips towards UBC start in downtown at Howe Street & Dunsmuir instead of Homer & W. Pender and route south on Howe to merge onto Granville Street.
Select morning trips towards Kootenay Loop start at Granville Street & W. 10th Avenue and two early weekday morning trips towards Kootenay Loop start at Blanca Loop.
Points of Interest
- Kootenay Loop (Bay 5)
- Empire Field
- Hastings Park
- Pacific National Exhibition
- Hastings Community Centre
- Carnegie Community Centre
- Victory Square
- Granville Station
- Vancouver City Centre Station
- Pacific Centre
- Granville Loop Park
- Pacific Spirit Park
- University of British Columbia
- AMS Student Nest
- UBC Exchange (Bay 10)
- April 2011 - Route re-introduced, replacing the UBC–Downtown portions of the 17 Oak/Downtown/UBC and the Downtown–Kootenay Loop portions of the 10 Granville/Hastings service along Hastings Street
- June 2020 - Broadway Subway construction: Routing revised to go from Granville Street Bridge via West Cloverleaf, W. 5th, Fir, W. 4th, Macdonald, Broadway in both directions; service on Broadway between Macdonald and Granville temporarily discontinued
- The Buzzer April 1. 2011 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 28-12-2017
- TransLink taking trolley buses off busy Broadway for next five years https://vancouversun.com, retrieved 06-20-2020