Coast Mountain Bus Company route 210 'Mountain Highway Express'
|Service Area||North Vancouver|
|Termini||Underwood Avenue at Evelyn Street|
|Operations||Burnaby Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||Nova Bus LFS|
|Branches||210 Upper Lynn Valley|
210 Burrard Station
210 Phibbs Exchange*
* Limited trips
210 Mountain Highway Express is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is a north-south route connecting Downtown Vancouver and the Upper Lynn Valley in North Vancouver via the Second Narrows Crossing. Service runs daily during the daytime only. Evening trips after 8:00 p.m. daily operate as the 209 Mountain Highway, with local service and no changes in routing.
Northbound trips depart from Burrard Station at Dunsmuir Street & Burrard Street heading west along Dunsmuir Street, north onto Thurlow Street, and then east on W. Pender Street, north on Homer Street, and east onto E. Cordova Street. Trips continue along Cordova becoming Powell Street to Dundas Street, north on N. Nanaimo Street becoming McGill Street and then Ironworkers Memorial Second Narrows Crossing by on-ramp and then Main Street off-ramp to Phibbs Exchange in North Vancouver. Trips continue from Phibbs Exchange heading west on Oxford Street, north along Mountain Highway, then west on E. Keith Road and back onto Mountain Highway heading north all the way to McNair Drive becoming Hoskins Road, east on Dempsey Road and then north on Underwood Avenue to Underwood Avenue & Evelyn Street where it terminates.
Southbound trips depart Underwood Avenue & Evelyn Street by heading north on Underwood Avenue, west on Coleman Street, north on Hoskins Road becoming McNair Drive, then south on Mountain Highway, east on E. Keith Road, south on Mountain Highway, east on Oxford Street to Phibbs Exchange. Continuing from Phibbs Exchange, the route uses the bus access road onto Highway 1 where it crosses the Ironworkers Memorial Second Narrows Bridge, taking the McGill Street exit heading west on McGill, becoming N. Nanaimo Street, then west on Dundas Street becoming Powell Street, then south on Main Street, west on E. Pender Street, south on Howe Street, west on Dunsmuir Street to Burrard Station.
One trip in each direction on weekday evenings terminate at Phibbs Exchange. Some trips in both directions start at Phibbs Exchange.
When school is in session, there are three school specials in the afternoon. One trip starts at Mountain Highway & Frederick Road and terminates at Phibbs Exchange with no changes in routing. A second trip starts at Mountain Highway & Lynn Valley Road running towards Upper Lynn Valley with no changes in routing. A third trip starts at Boulevard Crescent & E. 19th Street heading north on Boulevard Crescent becoming Lynn Valley Road, north on Mountain Highway, then regular route to Upper Lynn Valley.
During The Fair at the Pacific National Exhibition, select 210 trips operate as an express service from Phibbs Exchange to Colosseum Loop at N. Renfrew Street & Dundas Street.
|210 Mountain Highway Express Stops|
|Pick-up and drop-off service at all local stops. Pick-up and drop-off restrictions apply at stops in Vancouver. Drop-off only service at all 210 stops towards Burrard Station and pick-up only service at all 210 stops towards Upper Lynn Valley.|
Points of Interest
- Burrard Station (Bay 2)
- Granville Station
- Queen Elizabeth Theatre
- Chinatown 溫哥華唐人街/華埠
- Japantown パウエル街
- Oppenheimer Park
- Pacific Coliseum
- New Brighton Park
- Phibbs Exchange (Bay 4 – Burrard Station) (Bay 9 – Upper Lynn Valley)
- Seylynn Park
- Bridgman Park
- Brooksbank Park
- Lynn Valley Centre (Bay 3 – Upper Lynn Valley) (Bay 4 – Burrard Station)
- Lynn Valley Centre
- Lynn Valley Park
- Mountain View Park
- McNair Place Park
- Evelynn Park
- January 1964 - Route introduced as 93 Mountain Highway. Service went from Seymour Terminal (Seymour Blvd. at Fern St.) along Mountain Highway to Ross Rd.
- Circa 1970 - Newly opened Phibbs Exchange replaces Seymour Terminal.
- October 1973 - Service is extended to Downtown Vancouver (Hornby at Smithe) and the northern terminus changes to Coleman and Underwood. Route is renamed 910 Mountain Highway FastBUS.
- May 1975 - Downtown terminus moved to Haro-Smithe Connector between Thurlow and Burrard streets.
- February 1974 - Northern portion of the route extends up to McNair Drive from Mountain Highway to the terminus at Underwood at Dempsey.
- April 1981 - Downtown routing revised to take Pender Street; service along Main Street and Hastings Street discontinued
- November 1986 - Downtown terminus extended to Burrard Station from Dunsmuir & Hornby
- December 1991 - Accessible service introduced on select trips
- December 1996 - Service after 10 p.m. daily revised to operate as 4 Upper Lynn Valley/Downtown between downtown and Phibbs Exchange
- June 2002 - Service after 8 p.m. daily revised to operate as 4 Upper Lynn Valley/Downtown
- Winter 2008 - Operations moved from Burnaby Transit Centre to North Vancouver Transit Centre
- April 2011 - All service after 8 p.m. revised to operate as 209 Upper Lynn Valley/Vancouver. 
- June 2013 - Powell Street Upgrades: Upper Lynn Valley routing detoured from Homer & Pender via Homer, Hastings, Clark, then regular routing; Vancouver-bound service from Powell & Clark via Clark, Hastings, Howe, then regular route to Burrard Station
- August 2014 - Completion of Powell Street Upgrades; regular routing restored
- September 2016 - North Vancouver Transit Centre closed down, operations moved to Burnaby Transit Centre
- April 2020 - Southbound trips renamed from 210 Vancouver to 210 Burrard Station
- January 2021 - COVID-19 service adjustment: Early morning weekday service reduced from every 6–10 minutes to every 10–15 minutes
- April 2022 - Service renamed from 210 Upper Lynn Valley/Burrard Station to 210 Mountain Highway Express
- Come to the Fair! With special transit service!, translink.ca, retrieved 17-10-2009
- The Buzzer January 3, 1964 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 10-12-2016
- The Buzzer October 16, 1973 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 10-12-2016
- The Buzzer May 23, 1975 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 10-12-2016
- The Buzzer January 18, 1974 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 10-12-2016
- The Buzzer April 3, 1981 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 26-04-2020
- The Buzzer October 24, 1986 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 26-04-2020
- The Buzzer August 30, 1991 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 17-01-2017
- The Buzzer December 13, 1996 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 02-05-2020
- [Attention #210 Upper Lynn Valley / #4 Downtown Vancouver Customers] translink.bc.ca, archived on Web Archive, retrieved 03-03-2021
- CMBC 2009-2010 Service Plan. portcoquitlam.ca, retrieved 27-02-2010
- The Buzzer April 1, 2011 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 11-10-2014
- The Buzzer June 28, 2013 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 12-06-2020
- The Buzzer August 22, 2014 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 12-06-2020