Coast Mountain Bus Company route 337 'Fraser Heights/Guildford/Surrey Central Station'
|Termini||168th Street at 104th Avenue|
Surrey Central Station
|Operations||Surrey Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI D40LFR |
Girardin G5 (weekends/holidays)
|Branches||337 Fraser Heights|
337 Surrey Central Station
337 Guildford (select trips)
* midday short-turn trips.
337 Fraser Heights/Surrey Central Station is a route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, BC Canada.
This is an east-west route running as a loop service in the City of Surrey between Fraser Heights and Guildford with limited express service between Guildford and Surrey Central Station. Conventional buses provide service in lieu of community shuttles all weekdays. Weekday service between Guildford Exchange, Fraser Heights and back to Guildford runs every 15 minutes with every other trip beginning from or terminating at Surrey Central Station during off peak periods; all other trips terminate at or begin from Guildford Exchange. During peak periods, all trips terminate and depart Surrey Central Station.
Trips depart from Surrey Central Station by University Drive to take 104th Avenue eastbound followed by 156th Street, 108th Avenue, 160th Street onto 104th Avenue and then east until 104th at 168th Street where trips become 337 Guildford/Surrey Central Station. Service resumes from 104th at 168th Street running northbound along 168th back onto 108th Avenue, 157A Street onto 110th Avenue and then southbound along 156th Street and 104th Avenue back to Guildford Exchange. Trips continuing to Surrey Central Station stop at Guildford and then run along 104th Avenue and University Drive as express service.
Service beginning from Guildford Exchange terminate at Surrey Central Station and route from the Guildford Library by 105th Avenue, 150th Street to 104th Avenue and then its regular route to Fraser Heights and finally Surrey Central Station.
Off-peak trips originating from Surrey Central Station run the regular route to Fraser Heights and then back to Guildford Exchange but continue along 104th Avenue westbound to take 150th Street, 105th Avenue, Lincoln, 152nd Street northbound and then 105th Avenue to the Guildford Library.
Points of Interest
- Central City Shopping Centre
- Simon Fraser University Surrey Campus
- North Surrey Recreation Centre
- Surrey Central Station (Bay 5a)
- Guildford Exchange (Bay 1 – Fraser Heights) (Bay 2 – Surrey Central Station)
- Guildford Town Centre
- Guildford Recreation Centre/Guildford Library
- Fraser Heights Secondary School
- Chandos Pattison Auditorium/Pacific Academy Secondary School
- September 1991 - Route introduced as 337 Fraser Heights / Guildford / Scott Road Station
- November 1997 - Direct service between Fraser Heights and Surrey Central during peak hours introduced
- April 2003 - Route became bike rack equipped
- September 2004 - Community Shuttle service (C74) introduced to replace conventional bus service by route 337 Fraser Heights/Guildford; service during peak periods initially operated every 30 minutes
- December 2006 - Off-peak hourly service to Surrey Central Station introduced
- September 2007 - Peak period service revised to be operated by conventional buses due to increased ridership
- March 2010 - Service along 110th Avenue between 152nd Street and 156th Street terminated due to the closure of the 152nd Street Overpass on Highway 1 for construction of the 160th Street Interchange; route revised to operate along 104th Avenue, 156th Street and 110th Avenue indefinitely
- September 2011 - Route renumbered back to 337 Fraser Heights/Guildford/Surrey Central Station. All weekday trips revised to operate with conventional buses and Community Shuttles on weekends and holidays.
- September 1, 2014 - Stop introduced at Highway 1 offramp (HOV) at 156 Street for connections to the 555.
- The Buzzer August 16, 1991 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 03-10-2014
- The Buzzer November 14, 1997 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 03-05-2020
- The Buzzer April 18, 2003 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 12-01-2017
- The Buzzer September 3, 2004 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 03-10-2014
- The Buzzer December 8, 2006 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 11-05-2020
- South of Fraser to see service improvements in September, translink.ca, retrieved 18-04-2010
- Bus route change due to Hwy 1 work, translink.ca, retrieved 18-04-2010
- The Buzzer September 2, 2011 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 28-12-2017
- The Buzzer August 22, 2014 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 22-09-2014