Coast Mountain Bus Company route 337 'Fraser Heights/Guildford/Surrey Central Station'
|Termini||168 Street at 104 Avenue|
Surrey Central Station
|Operations||Surrey Transit Centre|
Hamilton Transit Centre**
|Vehicles||ARBOC SOM 28 **|
Girardin G5 **
|Branches||337 Fraser Heights|
337 Surrey Central Station
* Weekday midday short-turn service
337 Fraser Heights/Surrey Central Station is a route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an east-west circular route running in Surrey connecting Surrey Central Station, Guildford Town Centre, and Fraser Heights, with express service between Guildford Exchange and Surrey Central Station. Weekday service run with conventional buses and Community Shuttles on weekends/holidays. Service runs every 15 minutes. On weekdays, midday service alternates running between short-turning at Guildford Exchange and the full distance to Surrey Central Station.
Trips depart from Surrey Central Station heading north on University Drive, east on 104 Avenue, north on 156 Street, east on 110 Avenue becoming 157A Street, east on 108 Avenue, south on 160 Street, east on 104 Avenue, and north on 168 Street where it returns to Surrey Central Station by continuing north on 168, west on 108 Avenue, north on 157A Street becoming 110 Avenue, south on 156 Street, west on 104 Avenue, and south on City Parkway to Surrey Central Station.
Guildford short-turn service terminates at Guildford Exchange by heading west on 104 Avenue, north on 150 Street to the layover facility at 105 Avenue & 150 Street. Return service to Fraser Heights departs from the layover facility by heading south on Lincoln Drive, west on 105 Avenue, south on 150 Street, east on 104 Avenue and regular route to Fraser Heights.
|Express non-stop service runs between Surrey Central Station and Guildford Exchange in both directions. Service towards Fraser Heights originating from Surrey Central stops at Guildford Exchange for pick-up only.|
Points of Interest
- Central City Shopping Centre
- Simon Fraser University Surrey Campus
- North Surrey Recreation Centre
- Surrey Central Station (Bay 5a)
- Guildford Exchange (Bay 1 – Fraser Heights) (Bay 2 – Surrey Central Station)
- Guildford Town Centre
- Guildford Recreation Centre/Guildford Library
- Fraser Heights Secondary School
- Chandos Pattison Auditorium/Pacific Academy Secondary School
- March 1990 - Service proposed to connect Guildford Exchange and the Fraser Glen/Glenwood Estates area and service the new Pacific Academy campus, running every two hours Mondays–Saturdays and every 30 minutes during peak hours
- September 1991 - Service introduced as 337 Fraser Heights/Guildford/Scott Road Station, running every two hours Mondays–Saturdays, increasing to every 30 minutes during peak hours
- September 1997 - Three AM peak trips revised to continue through Guildford to Surrey Central Station as 320 Surrey Central Station
- November 1997 - Direct service between Fraser Heights and Surrey Central during peak hours introduced
- April 2003 - Route became bike rack equipped
- September 2004 - Service revised to operate as C74 as part of Community Shuttle service rollout. Service during peak hours ran every 30 minutes and off-peak increased to hourly frequencies
- December 2006 - Off-peak hourly service to Surrey Central Station introduced
- September 2007 - Peak period service revised to be operated by conventional buses due to increased ridership
- March 2010 - Service along 110th Avenue between 152nd Street and 156th Street terminated due to the closure of the 152nd Street Overpass on Highway 1 for construction of the 160th Street Interchange; route revised to operate along 104th Avenue, 156th Street and 110th Avenue indefinitely
- September 2011 - Route renumbered back to 337 Fraser Heights/Guildford/Surrey Central Station. All weekday trips revised to operate with conventional buses and Community Shuttles on weekends and holidays.
- September 2014 - Stop introduced at Highway 1 offramp (HOV) at 156 Street for connections to the 555
- September 2019 - Guildford short-turn routing revised following completion of layover facility; trips to go via 150th Street to layover facility and return via 150th to enter service instead of via 150th Street, 105th Avenue, Lincoln, 152nd Street, 105th Avenue to layover
- September 2021 - Shuttle operations transferred from Surrey Transit Centre to Hamilton Transit Centre
- The Buzzer March 23, 1990 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 27-03-2021
- The Buzzer August 16, 1991 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 03-10-2014
- The Buzzer August 22, 1997 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 30-03-2021
- The Buzzer November 14, 1997 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 03-05-2020
- The Buzzer April 18, 2003 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 12-01-2017
- The Buzzer September 3, 2004 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 03-10-2014
- The Buzzer December 8, 2006 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 11-05-2020
- South of Fraser to see service improvements in September, translink.ca, retrieved 18-04-2010
- Bus route change due to Hwy 1 work, translink.ca, retrieved 18-04-2010
- The Buzzer September 2, 2011 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 28-12-2017
- The Buzzer August 22, 2014 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 22-09-2014