Coast Mountain Bus Company route 405 'Cambie / Five Road'
|Termini||Knight Street–Marine Drive Terminus|
Machrina Way at No. 5 Road
|Operations||Richmond Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI XD40 |
Nova Bus LFS
405 Five Road
405 Brighouse Station (evenings only)
405 Cambie via Vulcan (peak hours only)
405 Five Road via Vulcan (peak hours only)
* evening trips terminate at Richmond–Brighouse Station instead of continuing to Machrina Way & No. 5 Road.
405 Cambie/Five Road is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This a north-south route in the City of Richmond connecting South Richmond with South Vancouver with half-hour service throughout the day.
The route takes Knight Street Bridge from its Marine Drive at Knight terminus southbound, exits Knight Street by Bridgeport Road heading east and takes Viking Way south. It heads west on Viking at Cambie Road, south on No. 4 at Cambie, Alderbridge Way to Garden City Road, Lansdowne Road and then No. 3 to Richmond–Brighouse Station. From Richmond–Brighouse the route uses Saba and Buswell to access Cook Road, back onto Garden City Road and then Westminster Highway eastbound. It takes No. 5 Road from Westminster and then for morning (AM) service the route takes Machrina Way, Horseshoe Way, Hammersmith northbound, Coppersmith Way, back onto Horseshoe to terminate at Machina at Five Road; for afternoon (PM) service the route stops at No. 5 Road at Machina for southbound (Five Road) service. Northbound service (Cambie) morning (AM) service starts on Machrina at No. 5 Road while afternoon (PM) service uses Machrina, Horseshoe Way, Hammersmith Way northbound, Coppersmith, Horseshoe, Machrina and then No. 5 Road towards Steveston Highway.
Certain trips northbound take Viking Way from Cambie Road until Vulcan, No. 6 Road, Bridgeport Road and then use the on-ramp onto Knight Street Bridge. Northbound trips use Cook Road and then No. 3 Road to service Richmond–Brighouse Station then No. 3 Road, Lansdowne and then Kwantlen Road back to its regular route along Alderbridge Way. Late night trips only run between Richmond–Brighouse Station and Marine at Knight.
Certain southbound trips exit Knight Street Bridge onto Bridgeport, Viking, Vulcan, No. 6 and then Bridgeport until returning to its regular route along Viking.
There is no service down No. 5 Road after 8:40 PM on weekdays, 8:00 PM on Saturday, and 7:00 PM on Sundays.
Points of Interest
- Mitchell Island
- Cambie Secondary School/Community Centre
- Colonel Sherman Armoury
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University – Richmond Campus
- Lansdowne Station (Bay 2 – Cambie) (Bay 4 – Five Road)
- Lansdowne Centre
- Richmond Centre
- Richmond–Brighouse Station (Bay 3 – Cambie) (Bay 6 – Five Road)
- Richmond Nature Park
- Mylora Golf Course No. 5
- Buddhist Temple
- Ironwood Plaza
- Riverside Industrial Park
- September 2000 - Operations transferred from Oakridge Transit Centre to Richmond Transit Centre
- August 2001 - Former route 405 Five Road/Richmond Exchange combined with former route 421 Cambie Road/Richmond Exchange to become 405 Five Road/Cambie with 98 Burrard Station/Richmond Centre (B-Line) service changes
- September 2009 - Service increased with the introduction of the Canada Line
- October 2009 - Bus bays at Richmond–Brighouse Station reorganized; southbound stop relocated from Bay 5
|Service Period||First Trip to Last Trip||Frequency|
|Weekday Northbound||5:30 AM - 11:12 PM||30 Midday, 60 Late evening|
|Weekday Southbound||6:04 AM - 11:56 PM||30 Midday, 60 Late evening|
|Saturday Northbound||6:23 AM - 11:07 PM||30 Midday, 60 Late evening|
|Saturday Southbound||6:43 AM - 11:55 PM||30 Midday, 60 Late evening|
|Sunday Northbound||7:50 AM - 11:22 PM||30 Midday, 60 Late evening|
|Sunday Southbound||8:10 AM - 11:55 PM||30 Midday, 60 Late evening|
- List of bus routes in Metro Vancouver: Discontinued Routes, wikipedia.org, retrieved 12-09-09