Coast Mountain Bus Company route 603 'Beach Grove / Bridgeport Stn'
|Termini||1 Avenue at 49 Street*|
|Operations||Richmond Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI XD40 **|
Nova Bus LFS **
Nova Bus LFS Suburban
|Branches||603 Beach Grove|
603 Bridgeport Station
603 South Delta Exchange*
* Select AM trips and all PM trips terminate at South Delta Exchange after going via the Beach Grove circular routing
603 Beach Grove/Bridgeport Station is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is a north-south route connecting South Delta and Bridgeport Station in Richmond. Service runs every 30 minutes during peak hours only. Morning service runs towards Bridgeport Station and afternoon service runs towards Beach Grove. Together with the 604 English Bluff/Bridgeport Station, these two routes provide circular peak hour service around the Tsawwassen area with the 603 running in a clockwise loop and the 604 in a counterclockwise loop. Circular service begins and ends at South Delta Exchange.
Northbound trips depart South Delta Exchange by first completing its circular routing by heading south on 56 Street, west on 1 Avenue to 1 Avenue & 49 Street, where it returns to South Delta Exchange by continuing west on 1 Avenue, north on English Bluff Road, east on 12 Avenue, north on Beach Grove Road, west on 16 Avenue, and north on 56 Street to South Delta Exchange. It continues to Bridgeport Station by heading north on 56 Street, east on Highway 17 becoming Highway 17A, then north on Highway 99, taking the Bridgeport Road exit and heading west on Bridgeport Road, and north on Great Canadian Way to Bridgeport Station.
Southbound trips depart Bridgeport Station heading south on Great Canadian Way, east on Bridgeport Road, south on the bus lane on-ramp to access Highway 99 where it continues south, then south on Highway 17A becoming Highway 17, south on 56 Street until South Delta Exchange where it begins its circular routing by continuing south on 56 Street and west on 1 Avenue to 1 Avenue & 49 Street, where it returns to South Delta Exchange by continuing west on 1 Avenue, north on English Bluff Road, east on 12 Avenue, north on Beach Grove Road, west on 16 Avenue, and north on 56 Street to South Delta Exchange.
The first and last morning trips do not travel the full distance to Bridgeport Station and instead terminate at South Delta Exchange after completing the circular routing to Beach Grove.
|603 Stopping Procedures|
|Pick-up and drop-off service at all stops.|
Points of Interest
- Bridgeport Station (Bay 8)
- River Rock Casino and Resort
- George Massey Tunnel
- South Delta Exchange (Bay 1 – Bridgeport Station) (Bay 2 – Beach Grove)
- Tsawwassen Town Centre Mall
- Beach Grove Golf Course
- Winskill Park
- Diefenbaker Park
- Fred Gingell Park
- Brandrith Park
- May 1975 - Service introduced as 603 Tsawwassen Ring, a peak hour service running from 56th Street & 12th Avenue to Vancouver in the morning and reverse in the afternoon
- October 1975 - Clockwise service introduced as 303 Tsawwassen Ring providing service from South Delta Exchange running clockwise and anticlockwise except during peak hours when it ran as 603 Tsawwassen Heights FastBUS. Clockwise service ran as 303 Tsawwassen Ring out via Beach Grove leaving South Delta Exchange via 56th St., 16th Ave., Beach Grove, 12th Ave., 56th St., 16th Ave., Beach Grove, 12th Ave., 56th St., 1st Ave., English Bluff, 12th Ave., 56th St. to South Delta Exchange. Anticlockwise service ran as 303 Tsawwassen Ring out via English Bluff leaving South Delta Exchange via 56th St., 12th Ave., English Bluff, 1st Ave., 56th St., 12th Ave., Beach Grove, 16th Ave, 56th St. to South Delta Exchange
- March 1985 - Route split from 603 Tsawwassen Ring into 603 Beach Grove/Vancouver and 604 English Bluff/Vancouver to provide two-way service in the Beach Grove and English Bluff areas and mid-day service Monday to Saturday discontinued except for three shopper trips at the shoulder of weekday peak hours
- April 1997 - Routing north of 12th Avenue revised
- September 2000 - Northbound service revised to service Massey Exchange by request only following the relocation of the stop from the Tourist Information Centre to the Steveston Highway off-ramp
- April 2003 - Route became wheelchair accessible
- September 2009 - Northern terminus moved from Downtown Vancouver to Bridgeport Station following the completion of the Canada Line. Service in Vancouver discontinued
- May 2017 - Service proposed to route via 8A Avenue and 1 Avenue instead of running as the clockwise counterpart to the 604 English Bluff/Bridgeport Station
- April 2018 - Service proposal to restructure routing shelved following public consultations
- November 7, 2022 - Southbound routing revised to no longer take Sea Island Way. Service revised to use Bridgeport Road to access Highway 99 following the completion of the bus lane on-ramp
- The Buzzer May 9, 1975 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 25-04-2020
- The Buzzer October 24, 1975 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 06-01-2017
- The Buzzer March 15, 1985 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 04-01-2017
- The Buzzer April 4, 1997 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 03-05-2020
- The Buzzer August 18, 2000 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 05-09-2020
- The Buzzer April 18, 2003 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 12-01-2017
- Southwest Area Transport Plan Appendix D translink.ca, retrieved 29-05-2021