Coast Mountain Bus Company route 314 'Surrey Central Station/Sunbury'
|Termini||Surrey Central Station|
River Road at Centre Street
Scott Road at 96th Avenue*
|Operations||Surrey Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI D40LFR |
|Branches||314 Surrey Central Station|
314 Scott and 96 Avenue*
* Weekday late afternoon and evening, select Saturday, and all Sunday/holiday trips terminate at Scott Road & 96th Avenue
314 Surrey Central Station/Sunbury is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an east-west circular route connecting Surrey Central Station and the Sunbury area in Delta. Service runs daily every hour, increasing to every 30 minutes during peak hours.
Trips depart from Surrey Central Station heading north on City Parkway, east on 104th Avenue, south on King George Boulevard, west on 96th Avenue, south on 124th Street, west on 92nd Avenue, south on Scott Road, west on 84th Avenue, north on Brooke Road, west on Dunlop Road, north on Centre Street, and east on River Road to River & Centre Street. Continuing from River Road & Centre Street, trips continue east on River Road, south on Brooke Road, east on 84th Avenue, north on Scott Road, east on 96th Avenue, north on King George Boulevard, west on 102nd Avenue, and north on City Parkway to Surrey Central Station.
Trips on weekday evenings, Saturdays in the mid-morning and afternoon, and on Sundays/holidays do not travel the full distance to Sunbury and terminate at Scott Road & 96th Avenue. Departing from Surrey Central Station, these trips go via regular route until 92nd Avenue & Scott Road, where they head north on Scott Road, and east on 96th Avenue, returning to Surrey Central Station.
On weekday mornings, a School Special trip departs from 96th Avenue at Scott Road heading east on 96th Avenue, south on King George Boulevard to King George at 94A Avenue.
Points of Interest
- North Delta Recreation Centre
- North Delta Park
- Delta Shoppers Mall
- Scott Town Plaza
- L.A. Matheson Secondary School
- King George Station (Bay 1 – Sunbury) (Bay 2 – Surrey Central Station)
- North Surrey Recreation Centre
- Central City Shopping Centre
- Simon Fraser University – Surrey Campus
- Surrey Central Station (Bay 14)
- October 1975 - Service introduced as 314 Sunbury, operating Monday to Saturday connecting Sunbury and Scottsdale Exchange. The route ran as 614 Sunbury FastBUS during peak hours between Scottsdale Exchange and Downtown Vancouver
- March 1982 - New Downtown Vancouver terminus routing: From Melville at Thurlow to Melville, Thurlow, Hastings, Howe to regular route
- September 1986 - Service improved to 10 trips daily, running Monday to Friday following completion of the Annacis Bridge. Route ran as 314 Scottsdale Mall/22nd Street Station
- December 1987 - Renamed to 314 22nd Street Station/Panorama Ridge to reflect extension south to Highway 10 & Scott Road
- March 1990 - Service extended through Panorama Ridge to 132nd Street & 72nd Avenue
- July 1991 - Routing between Scottsdale Mall and 84th Avenue & Scott Road revised to go via 72nd Avenue, 124th Street, 84th Avenue to provide service east of Scott Road; service between Scottsdale Mall and Panorama Ridge discontinued
- June 1993 - Service discontinued and replaced with portions of a revised 329
- December 1996 - Service reintroduced as a peak hour service, connecting Surrey Central Station, Sunbury via Scott & 96th Avenue and Scott Road Station, replacing portions of the 329 Scottsdale Mall/Sunbury/Surrey Central Station
- April 2003 - Route became bike rack equipped
- September 2009 - Service along Old Yale Road and 134A Street near Surrey Central Station discontinued
- September 2013 - Peak hour extension to Scott Road Station discontinued due to service duplication with the 640
- The Buzzer October 28, 1975 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 06-01-2017
- The Buzzer March 19, 1982 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 18-11-2017
- The Buzzer September 12, 1986 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 09-01-2017
- The Buzzer December 4, 1987 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 18-11-2017
- The Buzzer March 9, 1990 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 27-04-2020
- The Buzzer June 21, 1991 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 01-05-2020
- The Buzzer June 18, 1993 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 9-12-2017
- The Buzzer December 13, 1996 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 26-03-2010
- The Buzzer April 18, 2003 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 01-12-2017
- The Buzzer August 29, 2009 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 14-2-2018
- The Buzzer August 30, 2013 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 01-02-2021