Coast Mountain Bus Company route 314 'Surrey Central Station/Sunbury'
|Termini||Surrey Central Station|
River Road at Centre Street
Scott Road at 96th Avenue*
|Operations||Surrey Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI D40LFR |
|Branches||314 Surrey Central Station|
314 Scott and 96 Avenue*
School Special (AM School Special trip)
* Weekday late afternoon and evening, select Saturday, and all Sunday/holiday trips terminate at Scott Road & 96th Avenue
314 Surrey Central Station/Sunbury is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an east-west bus route servicing the cities of Surrey and Delta. Half hourly service is provided during peak periods with hourly service at all other times on weekdays, weekends and holidays. The route travels through a mix of residential and industrial areas.
The route departs its western terminus on Centre Street at River Road taking River Road eastbound onto Brooke Road, 84th Avenue eastbound to 120th Street northbound, 96th Avenue eastbound until King George Boulevard, 102nd Avenue westbound and then 135th Street and its terminus, streetside at Surrey Central Station.
Trips eastbound route from Surrey Central via 135th to 104th Avenue followed by King George Boulevard southbound. From 96th Avenue the route heads westbound to take 124th Street and then 92nd Avenue to access 120th Street. Trips terminate at Sunbury by 120th Street/Scott Road to 84th Avenue, Brooke, Dunlop Road and then Centre Street.
Certain Monday to Saturday westbound trips from morning to mid-afternoon and eastbound trips from morning until early evening are extended to or begin service from Sunbury. All other trips begin from or terminate on 96th Avenue at Scott Road (120th Street). Sunday service is provided only between Surrey Central Station and 96th Avenue at Scott Road (120th Street).
On weekday mornings, a School Special trip departs from 96th Avenue at Scott Road heading east on 96th Avenue, south on King George Boulevard to King George at 94A Avenue.
Points of Interest
- North Delta Recreation Centre
- North Delta Park
- Delta Shoppers Mall
- Scott Town Plaza
- L.A. Matheson Secondary School
- King George Station (Bay 1 – Sunbury) (Bay 2 – Surrey Central Station)
- North Surrey Recreation Centre
- Central City Shopping Centre
- Simon Fraser University – Surrey Campus
- Surrey Central Station (Bay 14)
- October 1975 - Service introduced as 314 Sunbury, operating Monday to Saturday connecting Sunbury and Scottsdale Exchange. Route ran as 614 Sunbury FastBUS during peak hours between Scottsdale Exchange and downtown Vancouver
- March 1982 - New Downtown Vancouver terminus routing: From Melville at Thurlow to Melville, Thurlow, Hastings, Howe to regular route 
- September 1986 - Service improved to 10 trips daily, running Monday to Friday following completion of the Annacis Bridge. Route ran as 314 Scottsdale Mall/22nd Street Station
- December 1987 - Renamed to 314 22nd Street Station/Panorama Ridge to reflect extension south to Highway 10 at Scott Road
- March 1990 - Service extended through Panorama Ridge to 132nd Street & 72nd Avenue
- July 1991 - Routing between Scottsdale Mall and 84th Avenue & Scott Road revised to go via 72nd Avenue, 124th Street, 84th Avenue to provide service east of Scott Road; service between Scottsdale Mall and Panorama Ridge discontinued
- June 1993 - Service discontinued and replaced with portions of a revised 329
- December 1996 - Service reintroduced as a peak hour service, replacing the Surrey Central and Scott Road portion of the 329 Scottsdale Mall/Sunbury/Surrey Central Station
- April 2003 - Route became bike rack equipped
- September 2008 - Service along Old Yale Road and 134A Street discontinued
- September 2013 - As part of service optimization, service between Sunbury and Scott Road Station discontinued
- The Buzzer October 28, 1975 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 06-01-2017
- The Buzzer March 19, 1982 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 18-11-2017
- The Buzzer September 12, 1986 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 09-01-2017
- The Buzzer December 4, 1987 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 18-11-2017
- The Buzzer March 9, 1990 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 27-04-2020
- The Buzzer June 21, 1991 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 01-05-2020
- The Buzzer June 18, 1993 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 9-12-2017
- The Buzzer December 13, 1996 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 26-03-2010
- The Buzzer April 18, 2003 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 01-12-2017
- The Buzzer August 29, 2009 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 14-2-2018
- 314 Scott Rd/Surrey Central Re-route, translink.ca, retrieved 23-08-2013