Coast Mountain Bus Company route 640 'Ladner Exch / Scott Road Station'
Scott Road Station
|Operations||Hamilton Transit Centre|
Surrey Transit Centre*
|Vehicles||NFI D40LFR *|
NFI XD40 *
Nova Bus LFS HEV
|Branches||640 Ladner Exchange|
640 Ladner Exchange
640 Scott Road Station
640 Scott Road Station
* Weekends/holidays only
640 Ladner Exchange/Scott Road Station is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is a north-south route connecting Ladner Exchange in Delta and Scott Road Station in Surrey running primarily on River Road and through the Tilbury Industrial Area. Service runs daily every 10–20 minutes on weekdays and every 30 minutes on weekends/holidays.
Northbound trips depart Ladner Exchange heading north on Harvest Drive, east on Ladner Trunk Road, north on Highway 17A becoming 62B Street becoming River Road heading east, south on 72 Street, east on Progress Way, north on 76 Street, east on Vantage Way, north on 80 Street, east on River Way, north on 82 Street, east on River Road becoming 96 Street heading south becoming the Highway 91 Connector, north on Nordel Way, east on River Road becoming Grace Road, east on 103A Avenue, and north on Scott Road to Scott Road Station.
Southbound trips depart Scott Road Station heading south on Scott Road, west on 103A Avenue, south on Grace Road becoming River Road heading west, south on Nordel Way, west on the Highway 91 Connector becoming 96 Street, west on River Road, south on 82 Street, west on River Way, south on 80 Street, west on Vantage Way, south on 76 Street, west on Progress Way, north on 72 Street, west on River Road becoming 62B Street becoming Highway 17A heading south, west on Ladner Trunk Road, and south on Harvest Drive to Ladner Exchange.
One southbound PM weekday trip terminates in Tilbury routing via regular route, west on River Road, and south on 72 Street to 72 & River Road. Two northbound PM weekday trips start in Tilbury from 72 Street & River Road with no changes in routing.
Weekend/holiday trips in both directions bypass the Tilbury Industrial Area and instead continue on River Road between 72 Street and 82 Street.
Early weekday morning northbound trips do not serve the stop at Scott Road & Lien Road.
Points of Interest
- Scott Road Station (Bay 7)
- Royal Heights Park
- Tilbury Industrial Area
- Ladner Exchange (Bay 4)
- Delta Hospital
- Rotary Park
- Paterson Park
- October 1975 - Service introduced as 640 Valley to Sea, connecting Langley to Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal
- July 1976 - Routing revised to better service Whalley and Guildford; service from the 642 Sunshine Hills FastBUS in Delta merged with the 640 to reduce service duplication
- August 1978 - Service revised to operate between Scottsdale Mall and the Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal. Service to Newton Exchange, Whalley Exchange and Guildford Exchange discontinued
- January 1986 - Scottsdale Mall terminus revised to 70th Avenue between Scott Road and Nicholson Road instead of on Nicholson Road between 72nd and 70th avenues
- March 1986 - Select weekday trips revised to go via 80 Street, 44 Avenue and 72 Street to service the Boundary Bay Airport
- May 1986 - Service increased from every two hours to every hour to meet with increased hourly ferry service at Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal during Expo 86
- October 1986 - Weekend/holiday and off-peak hour service frequency returns to every two hours following the end of Expo 86
- September 1988 - Routing between Scottsdale Mall and Ladner Exchange revised to take Scott Road and Highway 10
- April 1994 - Route revised to provide hourly direct connections between Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal, Ladner Exchange and SkyTrain service; service along River Road to replace route 315; peak period service revised to operate to the Tilbury Industrial Area
- June 1994 - Route revised to bring service to King George Highway between 104th Avenue and 102nd Avenue
- April 1997 - Service between Scott Road Station and Surrey Central Station discontinued and replaced by an extension of the 330
- October 2001 - Peak hour frequency between Ladner Exchange and Scott Road Station increased from every 60 minutes to every 30 minutes to accommodate start and finish work times in the Tilbury area following the discontinuation of the 310 Scottsdale Exchange/Vancouver
- April 2004 - Service between Tsawwassen Ferry and Ladner Exchange replaced by 620
- April 2009 - Route frequency increased to no more than 30 minutes apart on weekdays and all routes will service the Tilbury Industrial Area
- April 2011 - Due to low ridership, service after 8pm on weekends and holidays revised to run with Community Shuttles 
- September 2012 - Service after 8 p.m. on weekends and holidays is converted back to conventional buses.
- May 2017 - Service proposed to service Tilbury Industrial Area for all trips
- April 2018 - Rerouted from River Road directly to Grace Road in both directions after Grace Road was extended west to meet up with River Road
- September 2019 - Tilbury trips renamed from Special to 640 Tilbury
- September 2020 - COVID-19 service adjustment: Three PM peak trips added from 72nd Street & River Road to Scott Road Station via Tilbury routing
- January 2021 - Weekday operations moved from Surrey Transit Centre to Hamilton Transit Centre. PM weekday service increased from every 20–30 minutes to every 15 minutes. Discontinuation of the three supplemental PM peak trips starting at 72nd Street & River Road to Scott Road Station
- April 2021 - AM peak hour Tilbury short-turn trips discontinued and revised to travel the full route to Ladner Exchange
- August 2021 - Introduction of one Tilbury short-turn trip and two Scott Road Station trips starting from Tilbury during PM peak hours
- The Buzzer October 28, 1975 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 06-01-2017
- The Buzzer August 11, 1978 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 17-03-2021
- The Buzzer January 31, 1986 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 09-05-2021
- The Buzzer February 28, 1986 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 08-05-2021
- The Buzzer April 30, 1986 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 08-05-2021
- The Buzzer October 10, 1986 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 08-05-2021
- The Buzzer August 26, 1988 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 13-11-2017
- The Buzzer March 25, 1994 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 04-05-2010
- The Buzzer June 17, 1994 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 27-03-2010
- The Buzzer April 4, 1997 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 03-05-2020
- Service Cuts for October 15, 2001 listed by Route Number, translink.ca, retrieved 30-03-2018
- Service Cuts for October 15, 2001 listed by Route Number translink.ca, archived on Web Archive, retrieved 01-03-2021
- The Buzzer April 30, 2004 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 11-05-2020
- New routing, increased frequency, benefit South of Fraser transit users, translink.bc.ca, retrieved 20-09-2009
- The Buzzer April 1, 2011 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 10-10-2014
- The Buzzer August 3, 2012 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 10-10-2014
- Southwest Area Transport Plan Appendix D translink.ca, retrieved 29-05-2021