Coast Mountain Bus Company route 640 'Ladner Exch / Scott Road Station'
Scott Road Station
|Operations||Hamilton Transit Centre|
Surrey Transit Centre*
|Vehicles||NFI D40LFR *|
NFI XD40 *
Nova Bus LFS HEV
|Branches||640 Ladner Exchange|
640 Ladner Exchange via Industrial**
640 Scott Road Station
640 Scott Road Station via Industrial**
* Weekends/holidays only and one weekday AM trip
640 Ladner Exchange/Scott Road Station is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an east-west route connecting Ladner Exchange in Delta and Scott Road Station in Surrey running primarily on River Road and through the Tilbury Industrial Area. Service runs daily every 10–20 minutes on weekdays and every 30 minutes on weekends/holidays.
Eastbound trips depart Ladner Exchange heading north on Harvest Drive, east on Ladner Trunk Road, north on Highway 17A becoming 62B Street becoming River Road heading east, south on 72nd Street, east on Progress Way, north on 76th Street, east on Vantage Way, north on 80th Street, east on River Way, north on 82nd Street, east on River Road becoming 96th Street heading south becoming the Highway 91 Connector, north on Nordel Way, east on River Road becoming Grace Road, east on 103A Avenue, and north on Scott Road to Scott Road Station.
Westbound trips depart Scott Road Station heading south on Scott Road, west on 103A Avenue, south on Grace Road becoming River Road heading west, south on Nordel Way, west on the Highway 91 Connector becoming 96th Street, west on River Road, south on 82nd Street, west on River Way, south on 80th Street, west on Vantage Way, south on 76th Street, west on Progress Way, north on 72nd Street, west on River Road becoming 62B Street becoming Highway 17A heading south, west on Ladner Trunk Road, and south on Harvest Drive to Ladner Exchange.
Weekend/holiday trips in both directions bypass the Tilbury Industrial Area and instead continue on River Road between 72nd Street and 82nd Street.
Four westbound AM weekday trips short-turn in Tilbury at River Road & 72nd Street with no changes in routing. Of those trips, two return to Scott Road Station heading east on River Road bypassing Tilbury and then regular route to Scott Road Station.
Early weekday morning eastbound trips do not service the stop at Scott Road & Lien Road.
Points of Interest
- Scott Road Station (Bay 7)
- Royal Heights Park
- Tilbury Industrial Area
- Ladner Exchange (Bay 4)
- Delta Hospital
- Rotary Park
- October 1975 - Service introduced as 640 Valley to Sea, connecting Langley to Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal
- September 1988 - Routing between Scottsdale Mall and Ladner Exchange revised to take Scott Road and Highway 10 
- April 1994 - Route revised to provide hourly direct connections between Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal, Ladner Exchange and SkyTrain service; service along River Road to replace route 315; peak period service revised to operate to the Tilbury Industrial Area
- June 1994 - Route revised to bring service to King George Highway between 104th Avenue and 102nd Avenue
- April 1997 - Service between Scott Road Station and Surrey Central Station discontinued and replaced by an extension of the 330
- October 2001 - Service improved from 60 to 30 minutes during peak periods between Ladner Exchange and Scott Road with cancellation of route 310 Scottsdale Exchange/Vancouver
- April 2004 - Service between Tsawwassen Ferry and Ladner Exchange replaced by 620
- April 2009 - Route frequency increased to no more than 30 minutes apart on weekdays and all routes will service the Tilbury Industrial Area
- April 2011 - Due to low ridership, service after 8pm on weekends and holidays revised to run with Community Shuttles 
- September 2012 - Service after 8 pm on weekends and holidays is converted back to conventional buses.
- April 2018 - Re-routed from River Road directly to Grace Road in both directions after Grace Road was extended west to meet up with River Road
- September 2019 - Tilbury trips renamed from Special to 640 Tilbury
- September 2020 - COVID-19 service adjustment: Three PM peak trips added from 72nd Street & River Road to Scott Road Station via Tilbury routing
- January 2021 - Weekday operations moved from Surrey Transit Centre to Hamilton Transit Centre. PM weekday service increased from every 20–30 minutes to every 15 minutes. Discontinuation of the three supplemental PM peak trips starting at 72nd Street & River Road to Scott Road Station.
- The Buzzer October 28, 1975 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 06-01-2017
- The Buzzer August 26, 1988 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 13-11-2017
- The Buzzer March 25, 1994 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 04-05-2010
- The Buzzer June 17, 1994 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 27-03-2010
- The Buzzer April 4, 1997 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 03-05-2020
- Service Cuts for October 15, 2001 listed by Route Number, translink.ca, retrieved 30-03-2018
- The Buzzer April 30, 2004 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 11-05-2020
- New routing, increased frequency, benefit South of Fraser transit users, translink.bc.ca, retrieved 20-09-2009
- The Buzzer April 1, 2011 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 10-10-2014
- The Buzzer August 3, 2012 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 10-10-2014