Coast Mountain Bus Company route 134 'Lake City Stn / Brentwood Stn'
|Termini||Lake City Station|
|Operations||Hamilton Transit Centre|
Burnaby Transit Centre*
Port Coquitlam Transit Centre**
|Vehicles||ARBOC SOF 27 **|
Girardin G5 **
Nova Bus LFS *
Nova Bus LFS HEV
|Branches||134 Lake City Station|
134 Brentwood Station
* AM school special trip via alternate route between Broadway & Lawrence Drive and Brentwood Station
134 Lake City Station/Brentwood Station is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an east-west route connecting Lake City Station and Brentwood Station in Burnaby. Service runs daily every 30 minutes.
Eastbound trips depart Brentwood Station heading west on Lougheed Highway, north on Willingdon Avenue, east on Midlawn Drive, south on Fairlawn Drive, east on Brentlawn Drive, north on Delta Avenue, east on Parker Street becoming Curtis Street, north on Sperling Avenue, west on Hastings Street, south on Kensington Avenue, east back onto Curtis Street, south on Sperling Avenue, west on Broadway, south on Kensington Avenue becoming Sperling Avenue to Sperling–Burnaby Lake Station. Continuing from Sperling–Burnaby Lake Station, trips head north on Sperling Avenue, east on Lougheed Highway, north on Bainbridge Avenue, east on Broadway, south on Underhill Avenue, west on Enterprise Street and north on Lake City Way to Lake City & Enterprise.
Westbound trips depart Lake City Way Station from Lake City Way & Enterprise Street heading north on Lake City Way, west on Broadway, south on Bainbridge Avenue, west on Lougheed Highway, and south on Sperling Avenue to Sperling–Burnaby Lake Station. Continuing from Sperling–Burnaby Lake Station, trips head north on Sperling Avenue, becoming Kensington Avenue, east on Broadway, north on Sperling Avenue, west on Hastings Street, south on Kensington Avenue, west on Curtis Street becoming Parker Street, south on Delta Avenue, west on Brentlawn Drive, south on Willingdon Avenue, and east on Lougheed Highway to Brentwood Station.
There are three school specials, two of which run an alternate route and one supplementing regular 134 service.
The morning school special runs as the 134 Special and departs from Broadway & Lawrence Drive heading west on Broadway, south on Bainbridge Avenue, west on Lougheed Highway, south on Sperling Avenue to Sperling Station. From Sperling Station, the trip goes north on Sperling, north on Kensington, east on Broadway, north on Duthie Avenue, east on Halifax Street, north on Burnwood Drive, west on Greystone Drive, north on Duthie Avenue, west on Curtis Street and continues on the regular 134 routing to Brentwood Station.
In the afternoon, two trips starting at Burnaby North Secondary School depart from Kensington Avenue & Hammarskjold Drive. The first trip supplements regular 134 Lake City Station service and runs to Sperling Station with no changes in routing. The second trip terminates at Lake City Station running an alternate route. The trip goes south on Kensington Avenue, east on Curtis Street, south on Duthie Avenue, east on Greystone Drive, south on Burnwood Drive, west on Halifax Street, south on Duthie Avenue, east on Broadway and continues on the regular 134 routing to Lake City Way & Enterprise Street.
On weekends/holidays, the first westbound trips start at Sperling Station.
Points of Interest
- Brentwood Town Centre Station (Bay 2)
- Brentwood Town Centre
- Brentwood Park
- Kensington Square Shopping Centre
- Burnaby North Secondary school
- Kensington Park
- Sperling–Burnaby Lake Station (Bay 4)
- Burnaby Mountain Golf Course
- Lake City Industrial Area
- Lake City Way Station
- September 1989 - Service introduced as 134 Lougheed Mall/Kootenay Loop to combine portions of the 133 Lougheed Mall/Kootenay Loop, 136 Montecito/Kootenay Loop and the 139 Brentwood Mall/Kootenay Loop
- April 1997 - Service revised to operate as 134 Lougheed Mall/Brentwood Mall as the western terminus moved from Kootenay Loop to Brentwood Mall
- (Westbound to Brentwood) via Austin, North Rd, Cameron, Beaverbrook, Eastlake, Production Way, Forest Grove, Underhill, Broadway, Duthie, Halifax, Burnwood, Greystone, Duthie, Curtis, Parker, Delta, Brentlawn, Willingdon to Brentwood Mall
- (Eastbound to Lougheed) via Willingdon, Midlawn, Fairlawn, Brentlawn, Delta, Parker, Curtis, Duthie, Greystone, Burnwood, Hailfax, Duthie, Broadway, Underhill, Forest Grove, Production Way, Eastlake, Beaverbrook, Cameron, North Rd to Lougheed Mall
- October 2001 - Service discontinued after 10:00 PM all days, before 8:00 AM Saturdays and before 9:00 AM Sundays due to funding shortfall and low ridership
- September 2002 - Eastern terminus moved to Lougheed Town Centre Station from Lougheed Mall Transit Exchange. Routing revised to go via Curtis, Sperling, Broadway, Kensington Overpass, Sperling, Sperling Station, Lougheed, Bainbridge, Broadway, Lake City, Enterprise, Underhill, Eastlake, Production Way (Production Way Station), Lougheed, Austin, Gatineau to Lougheed Town Centre Station after Millennium Line transit service changes. Service renamed to 134 Lougheed Station/Brentwood Station
- April 2005 - Service revised to operate as 134 Lake City Station/Brentwood Station as the eastern terminus is revised to Lake City Way Station from Lougheed Town Centre Station due to Millennium Line service duplication
- July 2005 - Routing revised to service the Kensington Square area
- August 2012 - Weekend and holiday service converted from conventional buses to Community Shuttles
- December 2013 - Closure of Brentwood Station bus loop results in relocation of the terminus to Lougheed Highway
- September 2016 - Weekday route operations moved from Burnaby Transit Centre to Hamilton Transit Centre as part of a mass re-organization involving the closure of North Vancouver Transit Centre and the transfer of all its operations to Burnaby Transit Centre
- Route Frequency Table BC Transit, bctransit.ca, retrieved 17-10-09
- The Buzzer August 25, 1989 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 02-01-2017
- The Buzzer March 31, 1997 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 13-01-2021
- Service Cuts for October 15, 2001 listed by Route Number, translink.ca, retrieved 17-10-09
- Service Cuts for October 15, 2001 listed by Route Number translink.ca, archived on Web Archive, retrieved 01-03-2021
- New Routes translink.bc.ca, archived on Web Archive, retrieved 06-05-2020
- Bus service to Kensington Shopping Plaza, translink.ca, retrieved 17-10-09
- The Buzzer August 31, 2012 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 10-10-2014