Coast Mountain Bus Company route 134 'Lake City Stn / Brentwood Stn'
|Termini||Lake City Station|
|Operations||Hamilton Transit Centre|
Burnaby Transit Centre (AM School Special trip)
Port Coquitlam Transit Centre (weekends/holidays)
|Vehicles||NFI D40LF |
Nova Bus LFS HEV
Nova Bus LFS (AM School Special trip only)
ElDorado National Aerotech (weekends/holidays)
Girardin G5 (weekends/holidays)
|Branches||134 Lake City Station|
134 Brentwood Station
134 Special (AM School Special trip)
School Special (PM School Special trip)
134 Lake City Station/Brentwood Station is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an east-west route in the City of Burnaby. Half hourly service is provided to connect residential and industrial neighbourhoods with SkyTrain service.
The route departs Brentwood Station by Willingdon Avenue heading north to take Midlawn Drive, Fairlawn Drive to Brentlawn and then north along Delta Avenue to Parker Street becoming Curtis Street. From Curtis the route turns north along Sperling Avenue, west on Hastings, south on Kensington Avenue back onto Curtis and turns south on Sperling Avenue. The route takes Broadway westward from Sperling followed by Kensington and then Sperling to Sperling–Burnaby Lake Station continuing on to Lougheed Highway, Bainbridge Avenue northbound, Broadway, Underhill Avenue and then west along Enterprise Street to Lake City Way Station.
Westbound trips depart Lake City Way Station at Lake City Way and Enterprise Street and heads north on Lake City Way and then heading west on Broadway, south on Bainbridge, and west on Lougheed Highway to Sperling Station. From Sperling Station it travels along Sperling Avenue northbound, becoming Kensington Avenue, turning east on Broadway and then back to Sperling followed by Hastings, Kensington Avenue and then Curtis becoming Parker Street. The route turns south on Delta and heads west on Brentlawn before heading south on Willingdon Avenue as the route heads towards Brentwood Station. The route terminates at Lougheed Highway and Willingdon Avenue.
The 134 Special departs from Broadway and Lawrence Drive and heads west on Broadway, south on Bainbridge, west on Lougheed Highway, south on Sperling Avenue to Sperling Station. From Sperling Station, the trip goes north on Sperling, north on Kensington, east on Broadway, north on Duthie, east on Halifax, north on Burnwood Drive, west on Greystone Drive, north on Duthie, west on Curtis and continues on the 134 Brentwood Station routing to Brentwood Station.
There are two PM School Special trips that depart from Burnaby North Secondary School. The first trip departs from Kensington Avenue and Hammarskjold Drive to Sperling Station and travels the same routing as the 134 Lake City Station.
The second PM School Special trip departs from Kensington Avenue and Hammarskjold Drive to Lake City Station. The trip goes south on Kensington, east on Curtis, south on Duthie, east on Greystone Drive, south on Burnwood Drive, west on Halifax, south on Duthie, east on Broadway and continues on the same routing as the 134 Lake City Station to Lake City Way and Enterprise Street.
Points of Interest
- Brentwood Town Centre Station (Bay 2 – Lake City Station) (Bay 7 – Brentwood Station)
- Brentwood Town Centre
- Brentwood Park
- Kensington Square Shopping Centre
- Burnaby North Secnodary school
- Kensington Park
- Sperling–Burnaby Lake Station (Bay 4)
- Burnaby Mountain Golf Course
- Lake City Industrial Area
- Lake City Way Station
- September 1989 - Route introduced as 134 Lougheed Mall/Kootenay Loop to combine portions of the 133 Lougheed Mall/Kootenay Loop and 136 Montecito/Brentwood Mall
- April 1997 - Route 134 diverted to Brentwood Mall Exchange.
- (Westbound to Brentwood) via Austin, North Rd, Cameron, Beaverbrook, Eastlake, Production Way, Forest Grove, Underhill, Broadway, Duthie, Halifax, Burnwood, Greystone, Duthie, Curtis, Parker, Delta, Brentlawn, Willingdon to Brentwood Mall
- (Eastbound to Lougheed) via Willingdon, Midlawn, Fairlawn, Brentlawn, Delta, Parker, Curtis, Duthie, Greystone, Burnwood, Hailfax, Duthie, Broadway, Underhill, Forest Grove, Production Way, Eastlake, Beaverbrook, Cameron, North Rd to Lougheed Mall
- October 2001 - Route 134 Brentwood Mall/Lougheed Mall; service discontinued after 10:00 PM all days, before 8:00 AM Saturdays and before 9:00 AM Sundays
- September 2002 - Lougheed terminus revised to Lougheed Town Centre Station from Lougheed Mall Transit Exchange, and diverted via Curtis, Sperling, Broadway, Kensington Overpass, Sperling, Sperling Station, Lougheed, Bainbridge, Broadway, Lake City, Enterprise, Underhill, Eastlake, Production Way (Production Way Station), Lougheed, Austin, Gatineau to Lougheed Town Centre Station after Millennium Line transit service changes
- April 2005 - Route shortened to Lake City Way Station from Lougheed Town Centre Station due to Millennium Line service duplication
- July 2005 - Route diverted via Kensington Square area
- August 2012 - Weekend and holiday service converted from conventional buses to Community Shuttles. 
- September 2016 - Weekday route operations moved from Burnaby Transit Centre to Hamilton Transit Centre as part of a mass re-organization involving closure of North Vancouver Transit Centre and the transfer of all its operations to Burnaby Transit Centre
- Route Frequency Table BC Transit, bctransit.ca, retrieved 17-10-09
- The Buzzer August 25, 1989 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 02-01-2017
- Service Cuts for October 15, 2001 listed by Route Number, translink.ca, retrieved 17-10-09
- Bus service to Kensington Shopping Plaza, translink.ca, retrieved 17-10-09
- The Buzzer August 31, 2012 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 10-10-2014