Coast Mountain Bus Company route 134 'Lake City Stn / Brentwood Stn'
|Termini||Lake City Station|
|Operations||Hamilton Transit Centre|
Burnaby Transit Centre*
Port Coquitlam Transit Centre**
|Vehicles||NFI XN40 |
Nova Bus LFS HEV
Nova Bus LFS *
Girardin G5 **
|Branches||134 Lake City Station|
134 Brentwood Station
* AM school special trip running an alternate route between Sperling Station and Brentwood Station
134 Lake City Station/Brentwood Station is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an east-west route in the City of Burnaby. Half hourly service is provided to connect residential and industrial neighbourhoods with SkyTrain service.
The route departs Brentwood Station by heading west on Lougheed Highway, north on Willingdon Avenue to take Midlawn Drive heading east, south on Fairlawn Drive to Brentlawn Drive heading east and then north along Delta Avenue to Parker Street heading east becoming Curtis Street. From Curtis the route turns north along Sperling Avenue, west on Hastings Street, south on Kensington Avenue back onto Curtis Street heading east and turns south on Sperling Avenue. The route takes Broadway westward from Sperling followed by Kensington Avenue and then Sperling to Sperling–Burnaby Lake Station continuing onto Lougheed Highway heading east, Bainbridge Avenue northbound, east on Broadway, south on Underhill Avenue and then west along Enterprise Street to Lake City Way Station.
Westbound trips depart Lake City Way Station at Lake City Way and Enterprise Street and heads north on Lake City Way and then heading west on Broadway, south on Bainbridge Avenue, and west on Lougheed Highway to Sperling Station. From Sperling Station it travels along Sperling Avenue northbound, becoming Kensington Avenue, turning east on Broadway and then back to Sperling followed by Hastings Street heading west, south on Kensington Avenue and then west on Curtis Street becoming Parker Street. The route turns south on Delta and heads west on Brentlawn Drive before heading south on Willingdon Avenue as the route heads towards Brentwood Station. The route terminates at Lougheed Highway and Willingdon Avenue.
There are three school specials, two of which run an alternate route and one as a supplementary service with regular 134 service.
The morning school special runs as the 134 Special and departs from Broadway & Lawrence Drive heading west on Broadway, south on Bainbridge Avenue, west on Lougheed Highway, south on Sperling Avenue to Sperling Station. From Sperling Station, the trip goes north on Sperling, north on Kensington, east on Broadway, north on Duthie Avenue, east on Halifax Street, north on Burnwood Drive, west on Greystone Drive, north on Duthie Avenue, west on Curtis Street and continues on the regular 134 routing to Brentwood Station.
In the afternoon, two trips starting at Burnaby North Secondary School departs from Kensington Avenue & Hammarskjold Drive. The first trip supplements regular 134 Lake City Station service and runs to Sperling Station with no changes in routing. The second trip terminates at Lake City Station running an alternate route. The trip goes south on Kensington Avenue, east on Curtis Street, south on Duthie Avenue, east on Greystone Drive, south on Burnwood Drive, west on Halifax Street, south on Duthie Avenue, east on Broadway and continues on the regular 134 routing to Lake City Way & Enterprise Street.
On weekends/holidays, the first westbound trips start at Sperling Station.
Points of Interest
- Brentwood Town Centre Station (Bay 2)
- Brentwood Town Centre
- Brentwood Park
- Kensington Square Shopping Centre
- Burnaby North Secondary school
- Kensington Park
- Sperling–Burnaby Lake Station (Bay 4)
- Burnaby Mountain Golf Course
- Lake City Industrial Area
- Lake City Way Station
- September 1989 - Route introduced as 134 Lougheed Mall/Kootenay Loop to combine portions of the 133 Lougheed Mall/Kootenay Loop and 136 Montecito/Brentwood Mall
- April 1997 - Route 134 diverted to Brentwood Mall Exchange.
- (Westbound to Brentwood) via Austin, North Rd, Cameron, Beaverbrook, Eastlake, Production Way, Forest Grove, Underhill, Broadway, Duthie, Halifax, Burnwood, Greystone, Duthie, Curtis, Parker, Delta, Brentlawn, Willingdon to Brentwood Mall
- (Eastbound to Lougheed) via Willingdon, Midlawn, Fairlawn, Brentlawn, Delta, Parker, Curtis, Duthie, Greystone, Burnwood, Hailfax, Duthie, Broadway, Underhill, Forest Grove, Production Way, Eastlake, Beaverbrook, Cameron, North Rd to Lougheed Mall
- October 2001 - Route 134 Brentwood Mall/Lougheed Mall; service discontinued after 10:00 PM all days, before 8:00 AM Saturdays and before 9:00 AM Sundays
- September 2002 - Lougheed terminus revised to Lougheed Town Centre Station from Lougheed Mall Transit Exchange, and diverted via Curtis, Sperling, Broadway, Kensington Overpass, Sperling, Sperling Station, Lougheed, Bainbridge, Broadway, Lake City, Enterprise, Underhill, Eastlake, Production Way (Production Way Station), Lougheed, Austin, Gatineau to Lougheed Town Centre Station after Millennium Line transit service changes
- April 2005 - Route shortened to Lake City Way Station from Lougheed Town Centre Station due to Millennium Line service duplication
- July 2005 - Route diverted via Kensington Square area
- August 2012 - Weekend and holiday service converted from conventional buses to Community Shuttles
- December 2013 - Closure of Brentwood Station bus loop results in relocation of terminus to Lougheed Highway
- September 2016 - Weekday route operations moved from Burnaby Transit Centre to Hamilton Transit Centre as part of a mass re-organization involving closure of North Vancouver Transit Centre and the transfer of all its operations to Burnaby Transit Centre
- Route Frequency Table BC Transit, bctransit.ca, retrieved 17-10-09
- The Buzzer August 25, 1989 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 02-01-2017
- Service Cuts for October 15, 2001 listed by Route Number, translink.ca, retrieved 17-10-09
- New Routes translink.bc.ca, archived on Web Archive, retrieved 06-05-2020
- Bus service to Kensington Shopping Plaza, translink.ca, retrieved 17-10-09
- The Buzzer August 31, 2012 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 10-10-2014