Coast Mountain Bus Company route 99 'Commercial - Broadway Station / UBC (B-Line)'
|Launched||September 3, 1996|
|Number of Stops||13|
University Endowment Lands
University of British Columbia
|Operations||Burnaby Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI DE60LFR |
Nova Bus LFS (select trips)
|Branches||99 Commercial–Broadway Station B-Line|
99 UBC B-Line
99 To Boundary B-Line (select trips only)
99 To Alma B-Line (early morning weekdays)
99 Commercial–Broadway Station/UBC (B-Line) is a bus rapid transit route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This route is the primary east-west route in Vancouver, providing connections between the University of British Columbia, the Canada Line at Broadway–City Hall Station, and the Expo Line at Commercial–Broadway Station.
This route operates from UBC Exchange along Wesbrook Mall, making a turn eastbound onto University Boulevard. Past Blanca Street, University Boulevard changes into 10th Avenue. Then, the 99 B-Line turns northbound onto Alma Street and eastbound onto Broadway, continuing to Commercial Drive (Commercial–Broadway Station), unloading directly outside the SkyTrain station entrance. The bus then turns right onto North Grandview Highway, terminating at its layover point.
99 B-Line stops
|4 14 25 33
49 68 84
|University Boulevard & Western Parkway (westbound)
University Boulevard & Allison Road (eastbound)
|W. 10th Avenue & Sasamat Street||14|
|Alma Street & W. 10th Avenue (westbound)
W. Broadway & Alma Street (eastbound)
|7 9 14|
|W. Broadway & Macdonald Street||2 9 14|
|W. Broadway & Arbutus Street||9 14 16||
|W. Broadway & Granville Street||9 10 14|
|W. Broadway & Willow Street (westbound)
W. Broadway & Heather Street
|Broadway–City Hall Station
(Bay 1 – Commercial–Broadway Station) (Bay 4 – UBC)
|9 15 17|
|E. Broadway & Main Street||3 8 9 19|
|E. Broadway & Fraser Street||8 9||
|E. Broadway & Clark Drive||9 22|
|Commercial–Broadway Station||9 20|
|E. Broadway & Nanaimo Street||7 9||
|E. Broadway & Penticton Street||9||
|E. Broadway & Renfrew Street||9 16||
|E. Broadway & Rupert Street||9 27||
|Lougheed Highway & Boundary Road
The following stops were discontinued following the shortening of the route to Commercial-Broadway Station in 2002. Trips that extend to Lougheed Highway and Boundary are signed as 99 B-Line To Boundary. Limited westbound trips begin at Boundary Loop.
- E. Broadway at Commercial Dr.
- E. Broadway at Nanaimo St.
- E. Broadway at Penticton St.
- E. Broadway at Renfrew St.
- E. Broadway at Rupert St.
- E. Broadway at Boundary Rd.
The following stops were discontinued in 2002 after the opening of the Millennium Line and shortening of the 99 B-Line.
- Brentwood Mall
- Lougheed Mall
Points of Interest
- Commercial–Broadway Station (Bay 2)
- Vancouver Community College
- Broadway–City Hall Station (Bay 1 – Commercial–Broadway Station) (Bay 4 – UBC)
- Vancouver General Hospital
- University Golf Club
- Jim Everett Memorial Park
- University of British Columbia
- War Memorial Gym
- UBC Aquatic Centre
- UBC Recreation
- AMS Student Nest
- UBC Exchange (Bay 7)
- September 1996 - Route introduced, travelling between UBC Exchange to Lougheed Mall Exchange. Some trips operated UBC Exchange to Broadway Station, with daytime service weekdays and Saturday only, and all buses were assigned from Port Coquitlam Transit Centre.
- April 1997 - Operation transferred to Burnaby Transit Centre
- September 1998 - Operation hours extended until midnight, but all evening and Sunday service terminated at Brentwood Mall (Halifax and Willingdon),
- September 1998 - New New Flyer D60LF buses introduced to replace New Flyer D60 and various standard 40-foot buses formerly servicing this route
- September 1998 - Eastern terminus moved to inside Lougheed Mall Exchange 
- September 1999 - All evening and Sunday trips extended to Lougheed Mall, with some peak hour trips operating along Winston Street and Government Street instead of Lougheed Highway
- March 2000 - Millennium Line construction: route detoured off Lougheed Highway onto Winston, Government, and Austin to Lougheed Mall
- May 2000 - Millennium Line construction: routing revised to via Lougheed Highway, Rosser, Dawson, Beta, Lougheed then regular route to Lougheed Mall
- June 2000 - Millennium Line construction: temporary rerouting of detour routing revised to go via Lougheed, Bainbridge, Winston, then regular detour routing to Lougheed Mall due to the closure of Winston Slip
- July 2000 - Winston Slip reopened and detour routing revised to go via Lougheed, Winston, regular detour routing to Lougheed Mall
- 2000 - Diversion in Burnaby area due to Millennium Line construction. Eastbound to Lougheed Mall via Gilmore, Dawson, Beta, Lougheed, Sperling, Winston, Government, Austin to Lougheed Mall; westbound to UBC via Austin, Government, Winston, Sperling, Lougheed back to regular route on Willingdon, Halifax and Rosser to Lougheed
- September 2002 - Route shortened to Broadway Station with the start of the Millennium Line
- September 2003 - 99S Special non-stop service introduced operating between Broadway Station and UBC during peak hours only 
- December 2005 - 99S Special discontinued and replaced with improved regular 99 B-Line service
- June 2007 - All-door boarding introduced at all stops on articulated buses only initially as an eight-week pilot test, making the 99 B-Line the first all-door boarding route in the system
- September 2009 - Eastern terminus Broadway Station renamed to Commercial–Broadway Station
- December 2009 - Two new stops added along route: Arbutus Street and Fraser Street
|Service Period||First Trip to Last Trip||Frequency|
|Weekday Westbound||5:47 AM - 1:52 AM||2-3 AM Peak, 4-5 PM Peak and Midday, 10 Evening, 12-30 Late evening|
|Weekday Eastbound||6:11 AM - 1:04 AM||2-3 PM Peak, 4-5 AM Peak and Midday, 8-10 Evening, 12-15 Late evening|
|Saturday Westbound||6:52 AM - 1:52 AM||8 Midday, 10 Morning, 12 Evening, 12-30 Late evening|
|Saturday Eastbound||7:30 AM - 1:03 AM||8 Midday, 12 Morning and Evening, 12-15 Late evening|
|Sunday Westbound||7:00 AM - 1:52 AM||8 Midday, 12 Morning and Evening, 12-30 Late evening|
|Sunday Eastbound||7:35 AM - 1:04 AM||10 Midday, 12-15 Late evening|
- The Buzzer August 21, 1998 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 12-01-2017
- The Buzzer March 2, 2000 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 04-05-2020
- The Buzzer May 12, 2000 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 04-05-2020
- The Buzzer June 23, 2000 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 04-05-2020
- The Buzzer April 18, 2003 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 12-01-2017
- The Buzzer November 25, 2005 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 11-05-2020
- The Buzzer January 6, 2006 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 08-10-2014
- The Buzzer June 22, 2007 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 08-10-2014
- Bus service changes coming December 14: new 99 B-Line stops and more, buzzer.translink.ca, retrieved 10-12-2009