Coast Mountain Bus Company route 112 'Edmonds Station / New Westminster Station'
New Westminster Station
|Operations||Hamilton Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI XN40 |
Nova Bus LFS HEV
|Branches||112 Edmonds Station|
112 New West Station
112 Edmonds Station/New Westminster Station is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an east-west route connecting Edmonds Station in Burnaby and New Westminster Station running primarily on 12th Street. Service runs daily every 15 minutes during the daytime on weekdays and Saturdays and every 30 minutes in the evening and all day Sundays/holidays.
Eastbound trips depart Edmonds Station heading east on 18th Street, south on Griffiths Drive, east on 14th Avenue, south on 12th Street, east on Stewardson Way becoming Columbia Street, north on 10th Street, and east on Carnarvon Street to New Westminster Station.
Westbound trips depart from New Westminster Station heading east on Carnarvon Street, south on Eighth Avenue, west on Columbia Street, north on 12th Street, west on 14th Avenue, north on Griffiths Drive, west on 18th Street to Edmonds Station.
When school is in session, a westbound trip in the afternoon starts at 12th Street & 10th Avenue and goes to Edmonds Station with no changes in routing but runs as a drop-off only service.
Points of Interest
- Edmonds Station (Bay 5)
- Byrne Creek Community School
- Stride Avenue Park
- Ernie Winch Park
- New Westminster Quay Public Market
- New Westminster Station (Bay 10)
- January 1980 - Pender–Keefer Diversion closure: routing revised in Chinatown to take Pender Street and Keefer Street in both directions following changes to make Pender and Keefer two-way streets
- April 1981 - Chinatown routing revised to take Pender Street in both directions
- October 1984 - Route renumbered from 55 Twelfth Street to 112 Twelfth Street/Vancouver/Joyce Loop
- January 1986 - Eastern terminus moved to New Westminster Station to connect with SkyTrain. Service operated as 112 New Westminster Station/Vancouver
- March 1986 - Weekday and Saturday service between Vancouver and Edmonds replaced by the 107 Edmonds Station/Metrotown Station; western terminus moved to Edmonds Station and all Sunday/holiday trips to operate to Vancouver
- May 1986 - All Sunday/holiday extension trips between Edmonds Station and Vancouver discontinued
- October 1990 - Accessible service introduced
- May 1993 - Due to widening of 19th Street between Edmonds and 10th Avenue, trips revised to operate via 18th Avenue, 18th Street, Edmonds, Kingsway, 14th Avenue and then regular route to New Westminster Station
- September 2001 - Metrotown Station reconstruction: Terminus temporarily revised to Patterson Station for late night, early morning Metrotown trips
- October 2001 - Funding shortfall forces cancellation of Suburban Owl services (NightBus) after 1:40 AM
- November 2001 - Metrotown Station reopens, Patterson Station no longer the western terminus
- September 2002 - Extended from New Westminster Station to Lougheed Station and replaced portions of the 148
- April 2011 - Route shortened to run between New Westminster Station and Edmonds Station with the C9 replacing service between New Westminster Station and Lougheed Station 
- September 2016 - Route operations moved from Burnaby Transit Centre to Hamilton Transit Centre as part of a mass re-organization involving closure of North Vancouver Transit Centre and the transfer of all its operations to Burnaby Transit Centre
- May 2020 - Early morning/late night trips to/from Metrotown Station discontinued
- September 2020 - Introduction of a westbound PM school trip to service St. Thomas More Collegiate
SkyTrain Replacement Service
From around the 1990s to May 2020, there was a limited service extension of the 112 to provide extra supplementary service to the SkyTrain when it was not running in the early mornings or late nights. Prior to its discontinuation, it ran five eastbound trips and one westbound trip.
One weekday and one Saturday eastbound trip running in the late night started at Metrotown Station and routed west on Central Boulevard, south on Willingdon Avenue, west on Beresford Street to Patterson Station, then north on Patterson Avenue, east on Kingsway, bypassing Edmonds Station then regular route to New Westminster Station.
One Saturday and one Sunday/holiday eastbound trip running in the early morning started at Metrotown Station and bypassed Patterson Station. It routed west on Central Boulevard, north on McKay Avenue, east on Kingsway, bypassing Edmonds Station then regular route to New Westminster Station.
One weekday eastbound trip running in the early morning started at Kingsway & Boundary Road. It bypassed Metrotown and Patterson stations and routed east on Kingsway, bypassing Edmonds Station as well and then regular route to New Westminster Station.
On Saturday mornings, one westbound trip started at New Westminster Station and went via regular route until Kingsway, then bypassing Edmonds Station and headed west on Kingsway, south on McKay Avenue, and east on Central Boulevard to Metrotown Station.
- The Buzzer January 11, 1980 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 26-04-2020
- The Buzzer April 3, 1981 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 26-04-2020
- The Buzzer October 12, 1984 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 06-01-2017
- The Buzzer December 20, 1985 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 16-01-2017
- The Buzzer February 28, 1986 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 02-07-1986
- The Buzzer May 23, 1986 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 02-07-2018
- The Buzzer September 21, 1990 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 27-04-2020
- The Buzzer May, 1993 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 27-03-2010
- The Buzzer September 14, 2001 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 04-05-2020
- Service Cuts for Oct 15, 2001 Listed by Route, translink.ca, retrieved 19-10-2009
- The Buzzer November 12, 2001 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 04-05-2020
- New Routes translink.bc.ca, archived on Web Archive, retrieved 06-05-2020
- The Buzzer April 1. 2011 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 28-12-2017