Coast Mountain Bus Company route 402 'Richmond-Brighouse Stn/ Two Road'
|Operations||Richmond Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI XD40 |
Nova Bus LFS
|Branches||402 Brighouse Station|
402 Two Road
402 Brighouse Station/Two Road is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is a north-south route in Richmond connecting Richmond–Brighouse Station and Steveston along No. 2 Road.
Northbound trips depart Steveston Exchange heading east on Chatham Street, south on No. 1 Road, east on Moncton Street, north on No. 2 Road, east on Blundell Road, north on No. 3 Road to Richmond–Brighouse Station.
Southbound trips leave Richmond–Brighouse Station by heading south on No. 3 Road, west onto Blundell Road, and then southbound along No. 2 Road until Moncton Street. From Moncton the route travels west, then north on No. 1 Road and west onto Chatham Street to terminate on at Steveston Exchange at Chatham & 2nd Avenue.
Some southbound trips take an alternate route in Steveston by continuing north on No. 1 Road at No. 1 & Moncton Street, west on Steveston Highway, south on 4th Avenue, east on Chatham Street to Steveston Exchange.
Points of Interest
- Richmond–Brighouse Station (Bay 1)
- Richmond Centre
- Richmond City Hall
- Brighouse Park
- Blundell Park
- Blundell Shopping Centre
- Steveston School
- Steveston Harbor
- Gulf of Georgia Cannery
- Steveston Exchange (Bay 2)
- 1958 - Service introduced, connecting Sexsmith Loop with Steveston via No. 2 Road. Replaced portions of the 73 No. 2–5 Road
- August 1977 - Route renumbered from 62 to 402 and routing revised to serve Richmond Centre and Sexsmith Loop only during AM peak hours; peak hour service extends to Vancouver
- May 1984 - Destination sign simplification: service renamed from 402 No. Two Road to 402 Two Road/Richmond Exchange/Vancouver
- March 1986 - Peak-hour trips re-routed to the Arthur Laing bridge
- December 1991 - Accessible service introduced on select trips
- September 2000 - Operations transferred from Oakridge Transit Centre to Richmond Transit Centre
- August 2001 - Route extended from Richmond Centre to Bridgeport Road at Knight Street replacing portions of the 420 Bridgeport/Richmond Exchange; service change deferred from April due to transit strike
- April 2002 - Service revised to terminate at Richmond Centre and portion between Richmond Centre and Knight & Marine in Vancouver replaced by the 407 Bridgeport/Gilbert; introduction of 492 Burrard Station/Two Road peak hour express service results in frequency adjusted to every 30 minutes
- September 2009 - Service increased and terminus changed to serve Richmond–Brighouse Station with the opening of the Canada Line
- May 2020 - Brighouse Station terminus revised from Cook Road & Buswell Street to No. 3 Road & Cook Road due to construction
- November 2020 - Completion of Brighouse Station Bus Mall results in terminus at No. 3 Road & Cook Road and layover at Park Road & Buswell Street being moved into Bus Mall and eastbound routing revised to no longer take No. 3, Park, Buswell, Cook, No. 3, Park, to layover
|Service Period||First Trip to Last Trip||Frequency|
|Weekday Northbound||4:40 AM - 12:48 AM||10 AM Peak, 10-15 PM Peak, 30 Midday and Evening, 60 Late evening|
|Weekday Southbound||5:30 AM - 1:45 AM||10 AM Peak, 10-15 PM Peak, 30 Midday and Evening, 60 Late evening|
|Saturday Northbound||6:30 AM - 12:54 AM||30 Midday, 60 Late evening|
|Saturday Southbound||6:42 AM - 12:23 AM||30 Midday, 60 Late evening|
|Sunday Northbound||6:29 AM - 12:54 AM||30 Midday, 60 Late evening|
|Sunday Southbound||6:40 AM - 12:23 AM||30 Midday, 60 Late evening|
- The Buzzer August 12, 1977 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 23-04-2020
- The Buzzer May 25, 1984 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 26-04-2020
- The Buzzzer February 28, 1986 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 19-11-2017
- The Buzzer August 30, 1991 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 17-01-2017
- The Buzzer March 30, 2001 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 04-05-2020
- The Buzzer August 8, 2001 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 04-05-2020
- The Buzzer April 5, 2002 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 26-03-2010
- Important changes in Richmond Transit Service, translink.ca, retrieved 25-09-2009
- The Buzzer October 2009 Edition, translink.ca, retrieved 02-10-2009