Coast Mountain Bus Company route 501 'Langley Centre / Surrey Central Station'
Surrey Central Station
|Operations||Surrey Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI D40LF |
|Branches||501 Langley Centre|
501 Surrey Central Station
501 Carvolth Exchange (peak hours only)
501 Langley Centre/Surrey Central Station is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an north-south inter-regional bus route connecting the City of Langley with SkyTrain service in Central Surrey via Port Kells, Tynehead and Guildford. The route operates local service for all stops between Surrey Central and Langley Centre.
Trips depart Surrey Central heading north on University Drive, east onto 104th Avenue and then Highway 1 eastbound. Trips exit Highway 1 onto 176th Street followed by Golden Ears Way becoming the 96 Avenue Connector and heading east onto 96th Avenue, 199A Street, 200th Avenue onto 91A Avenue, 202nd Street to Carvolth Exchange. Continuing from Carvolth Exchange, south on 202nd Street, 86th Avenue back onto 200th heading south and then Willowbrook Drive, the Fraser Highway, 203rd Street and finally Logan Avenue to Langley Centre.
Northbound trips to Surrey Central depart Langley Centre by Logan onto Glover Road, the Fraser Highway and then Willowbrook Drive to 200th Street towards Carvolth Exchange. Trips depart Carvolth Exchange back onto 202nd Street and then take 201st Street to access 96th Avenue. Trips enter Surrey Central Station by exiting 104th Avenue onto City Parkway.
When school is in session, select trips route by 200th Street onto 72nd Avenue, 202A Street and then 80th Avenue back onto 200th heading northbound to Surrey Central in the morning and in reverse order heading southbound in the peak afternoon towards Langley Centre.
Select southbound trips short turn at Carvolth Exchange. 15 minutes service is provided from Carvolth Exchange to Surrey Central Station.
Points of Interest
- North Surrey Recreation Centre
- Central City Shopping Centre
- Surrey Public Library City Centre Branch
- Surrey Central Station (Bay 4)
- Simon Fraser University – Surrey Campus
- Guildford Exchange (Bay 1 – Langley Centre) (Bay 2 – Surrey Central Station)
- Barnston Industrial Area
- Colossus Theatres
- Carvolth Exchange (Bay 3 – Langley Centre) (Bay 4 – Surrey Central)
- Mountain Secondary School (Select trips peak hours only)
- Willowbrook Mall
- Langley Centre (Bay 3)
- Cascades Casino
- July 1988 - Service introduced as 501 Langley South/New Westminster Station
- March 1990 - Terminus moved from New Westminster Station to Scott Road
- June 1994 - Accessible service introduced on select trips
- September 1995 - Trip added during the morning and afternoon peak to bring service to Mountain Secondary School along 202A Street
- September 1996 - Peak hour service to Port Kells introduced with one trip in the morning routing from Surrey Central and one afternoon trip beginning from Walnut Grove
- January 1997 - Monday to Friday one peak trip revised to operate as 590 Langley South (Express)
- December 2002 - Route shortened to Langley Centre, route via Port Kells areas for daily basis instead peak hour services, the routing to Langley South replaced by the Community Shuttle services 
- April 2008 - Eastbound service increased to 10 minute frequency during peak morning periods and weekend service increased to half hourly from 6AM to 9:30PM
- September 2012 - Service increase on Saturdays to 20 minutes from 12 pm to 3 pm.
- December 2012 - Route rerouted to Carvolth Exchange for connections to recently implemented 555 express. 
- September 2016 - With the reduction of 590 to morning peak service from Brookswood to Langley in the morning only, stopping pattern between Surrey Central and Guildford revised to follow that of the 96 B-Line, which lead to the majority of trips being re-extended back to or from Langley Centre during peak periods
- The Buzzer March 11, 1988 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 08-03-2017
- The Buzzer March 9, 1990 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 19-02-2017
- The Buzzer June 17, 1994 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 27-03-2010
- The Buzzer August 25, 1995 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 14-05-2010
- The Buzzer August 23, 1996 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 28-03-2010
- The Buzzer January 24, 1997 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 14-05-2010
- The Buzzer December 23, 2002 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 19-01-2010
- The Buzzer April 11, 2008 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 19-01-2010
- The Buzzer August 31, 2012 Issue,translink.ca, retrieved, 31-08-2012
- The Buzzer December 7, 2012 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 07-12-2012
- The Buzzer August 19, 2016 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 12/09/2016