Coast Mountain Bus Company route 501 'Langley Centre / Surrey Central Station'
Surrey Central Station
|Operations||Surrey Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI D40LFR |
|Branches||501 Langley Centre|
501 Surrey Central Station
501 Carvolth Exchange*
* Peak hour short-turn service
501 Langley Centre/Surrey Central Station is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is a north-south route connecting Langley Centre and Surrey Central Station via Guildford Exchange and Carvolth Exchange. Service runs daily every 30 minutes on weekdays, increasing to every 10–20 minutes during peak hours. Saturday service runs every 20–30 minutes and every 30 minutes on Sundays/holidays.
Northbound trips depart Langley Centre heading east on Logan Avenue, south on Glover Road, west on Fraser Highway, north on and then Willowbrook Drive, north on 200th Street, east on 86th Avenue, and north on 202nd Street to Carvolth Exchange. Continuing from Carvolth Exchange trips head north on 202nd Street and then 201st Street, west on 96th Avenue becoming 96th Avenue Connector, south on Golden Ears Way, north on 176th Street, west on Highway 1 and taking the 104th Avenue exit, then heading west on 104th and south on City Parkway to Surrey Central Station.
Southbound trips depart Surrey Central heading north on University Drive, east onto 104th Avenue and then Highway 1 eastbound. Trips exit Highway 1 onto 176th Street followed by Golden Ears Way becoming the 96 Avenue Connector and heading east onto 96th Avenue, 199A Street, 200th Avenue onto 91A Avenue, 202nd Street to Carvolth Exchange. Continuing from Carvolth Exchange, south on 202nd Street, 86th Avenue back onto 200th heading south and then Willowbrook Drive, the Fraser Highway, 203rd Street and finally Logan Avenue to Langley Centre.
When school is in session, select trips route by 200th Street onto 72nd Avenue, 202A Street and then 80th Avenue back onto 200th heading northbound to Surrey Central in the morning and in reverse order heading southbound in the peak afternoon towards Langley Centre.
Select southbound trips (1 in the morning and 6 in the afternoon) short-turn at Carvolth Exchange to provide 15-minute service between Carvolth Exchange and Surrey Central Station.
|501 Stopping Procedures|
|Pick-up and drop-off service at all stops and express service runs between Surrey Central Station and Guildford Exchange.|
Points of Interest
- North Surrey Recreation Centre
- Central City Shopping Centre
- Surrey Public Library City Centre Branch
- Surrey Central Station (Bay 4)
- Simon Fraser University – Surrey Campus
- Guildford Exchange (Bay 1 – Langley Centre) (Bay 2 – Surrey Central Station)
- Barnston Industrial Area
- Colossus Theatres
- Carvolth Exchange (Bay 3 – Langley Centre) (Bay 4 – Surrey Central)
- Mountain Secondary School (2 trips)
- Willowbrook Mall
- Langley Centre (Bay 3)
- Cascades Casino
- July 1988 - Service introduced as 501 Langley South/New Westminster Station, connecting Grade Crescent & 203rd Street, Langley Mall, Willowbrook Mall, Walnut Grove Park & Ride, Guildford Exchange and New Westminster Station running every 30 minutes during peak hours and every hour during off-peak hours
- September 1989 - 501 New Westminster Station evening trips revised to go via Walnut Grove Park & Ride to provide consistent service instead of having only evening 501 Langley Centre trips service Walnut Grove Park & Ride
- March 1990 - Terminus moved from New Westminster Station to Scott Road Station. Langley South terminus revised from Grade Crescent & 208th Street to 208th Street & 40th Avenue. All tips revised to go via Walnut Grove Park & Ride
- September 1993 - Three trips per peak hour revised to go via the Port Kells industrial area
- June 1994 - Accessible service introduced on select trips
- September 1995 - Trips added during the morning and afternoon peak to bring service to Mountain Secondary School along 202A Street
- September 1996 - Additional Port Kells trips introduced with one extra morning southbound trips and one extra afternoon northbound trip beginning from Walnut Grove
- January 1997 - On weekday afternoons, one trip revised to operate as 590 Langley South
- May 1997 - Southbound trips rerouted to run on Grade Crescent between 205th and 208th streets instead of 48th Avenue due to installation of speed bumps. To improve service to Port Kells, eastbound morning peak trips revised to go via Highway 1 and 176th Street and service on 160th Street and 104th Avenue through Fraser Heights discontinued
- December 2002 - Route shortened to Langley Centre and all trips revised to go via Port Kells running along 96th Avenue daily instead of during peak hours only. Service to Langley South discontinued and replaced by the C60 Langley Centre/Langley Hospital and the C61 Langley Centre/Brookswood
- April 2008 - Eastbound service increased to 10-minute frequency during peak morning periods and weekend service increased to half-hourly from 6AM to 9:30PM
- September 2012 - Service increase on Saturdays to every 20 minutes from 12 pm to 3 pm.
- December 2012 - Route rerouted to Carvolth Exchange for connections to the 555 Port Mann Express. 501 Walnut Grove short-turn trips extended to Carvolth Exchange and revised to run as 501 Carvolth Exchange
- September 2016 - Service increased during peak hours and introduction of early morning weekday service as former 590 Langley South/Surrey Central Station trips are amalgamated into the 501 schedule and the 590 revised to run only between Langley South and Langley Centre. The stopping pattern between Surrey Central and Guildford revised to follow that of the 96 B-Line. Service adjustment due to the 590 changes also resulted in PM peak southbound trips to alternate between short-turning at Carvolth and travelling the full route to Langley Centre instead of all PM peak southbound trips terminating at Carvolth Exchange
- The Buzzer March 11, 1988 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 08-03-2017
- The Buzzer September 22, 1989 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 27-04-2020
- The Buzzer March 9, 1990 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 19-02-2017
- The Buzzer August 27, 1993 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 02-05-2020
- The Buzzer June 17, 1994 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 27-03-2010
- The Buzzer August 25, 1995 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 14-05-2010
- The Buzzer August 23, 1996 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 28-03-2010
- The Buzzer January 24, 1997 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 14-05-2010
- The Buzzer May 2, 1997 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 03-05-2020
- The Buzzer December 23, 2002 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 19-01-2010
- The Buzzer April 11, 2008 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 19-01-2010
- The Buzzer August 31, 2012 Issue,translink.ca, retrieved, 31-08-2012
- The Buzzer December 7, 2012 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 07-12-2012
- The Buzzer August 19, 2016 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 12/09/2016