West Vancouver Municipal Transit route 262 'Lions Bay / Caulfeild'
|Service Area||Lions Bay|
|Termini||Highway 99 at Brunswick Beach Road|
|Operations||West Vancouver Transit|
|Vehicles||ARBOC SOM 28|
|Branches||262 Lions Bay–Brunswick|
262 Horseshoe Bay (one trip)
This is a north-south Community Shuttle route servicing Caulfeild Village and Horseshoe Bay in the northwest corner of West Vancouver and Lions Bay. It runs through mainly mountainous residential areas. Service runs daily and is available every hour.
The route departs Caulfeild Village heading north along Headland Drive, east onto Westport Road to loop northbound onto the Trans-Canada Highway. It exits off the Trans-Canada Highway and onto Keith Road to the BC Ferries Horseshoe Bay Ferry Terminal. From there. it departs the ferry terminal by going west along Bay Street, south on Nelson Avenue, east on Marine Drive, north on Horseshoe Bay Drive and merging onto the Sea to Sky Highway. It continues north until Lions Bay where the route exits the highway onto Lions Bay Avenue to Oceanview Road, then Crosscreek Road and Centre Road, where it then loops back onto the Sea-to-Sky Highway, where it continues north until Brunswick Beach, where it takes the exit onto Brunswick Beach Road and looping underneath the Sea-to-Sky Highway to the Brunswick Beach terminus.
From there, southbound trips loop southbound onto the Sea-to-Sky Highway until the Horseshoe Bay Road exit, where it continues south along Horseshoe Bay Road, west on Marine Drive, north on Nelson Avenue, east on Chatham Street, north on Royal Avenue, east on Bruce Street, north on Keith Road to the Horseshoe Bay Ferry Terminal. Continuing from Horseshoe Bay, the route heads west on Bay Street, south on Nelson Avenue, east on Marine Drive, south on Horseshoe Bay Drive and merging onto the Trans-Canada Highway where it continues south until the Headland Drive exit, where it heads south on Headland and loops into Caulfeild Village.
One trip terminates at Keith Road & Bay Street (Horseshoe Bay Terminal) on Saturday afternoons. Normal hourly service is provided until approximately 7:00 PM Mondays to Thursdays. Friday and Saturday service has extra evening trips; last departures until approximately 11:00 PM. Sunday service begins at 10 AM.
Points of Interest
- Caulfeild Village Shopping Centre
- BC Ferries Horseshoe Bay Terminal
- Horseshoe Bay Public Dock
- Tantalus Park
- Sunset Beach
- Citrus Park
- Cypress Provincial Park
- Lions Bay
- Brunswick Beach
- September 2005 - Service introduced as C12 Lions Bay/Caulfeild and extra fare for service between Bowen Island and Lions Bay eliminated with inclusion of the areas within the North Shore fare zone
- December 2009 - Service extended to Brunswick Beach
- April 2018 - Community Shuttle branding dissolved: service renumbered to 262 with no changes in routing or frequency
- May 2–11, 2020 - Service suspended as part of cost-saving measures due to low ridership relating to the COVID-19 pandemic
- August 2020 - Two round trips using conventional buses added on weekends and holidays between Horseshoe Bay and Lions Bay to accommodate hikers traveling to the Tunnel Bluffs trail
- TransLink launches new service to Lions Bay, Horseshoe Bay and Caulfeild Village, translink.ca, retrieved 09-27-2009
- The Buzzer April 13, 2018 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 22-04-2018
|Facilities||Park Royal – West Vancouver Transit Centre|
|Current Fleet||701–706 901–909 1201–1217 1601–1605 1606–1614|
|Community Shuttle Fleet||17501–17505 18501–18509 19501–19502, 19536–19537|
|712–714 801–803 912–914 921–929 951–959, 961–968 971 981 990–998 S200 S201 S261 S305 S370 S1301–S1304, S1308, S1309, S1316–S1320|
|Conventional||250 250A 253 254 255 258|
|Community Shuttle||214 215 227 251 252 256 262|
|Former Routes||257 259|
|Plans and Projects|