Coast Mountain Bus Company route 110 'Lougheed Stn / Metrotown Stn'
|Operations||Hamilton Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI D40LF |
Nova Bus LFS HEV
|Branches||110 Lougheed Station|
110 Metrotown Station
110 Sperling Station (PM School Special trip)
110 Special (PM School Special trip)
110 Lougheed Station/Metrotown Station is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an east-west route that provides feeder service for the Expo Line and Millenium Line.
The route departs Metrotown Station taking Central Boulevard to Bonsor Avenue, Bennett Street, Nelson Avenue northbound to Bond Street eastbound and then north along Willingdon until Deer Lake Parkway. The route follows Deer Lake eastbound to take Royal Oak Avenue north onto Gilpin Street and then Deer Lake Place becoming Norland Avenue. From Norland the route takes Sprott Street eastbound, Kensington Avenue north, Kensington off-ramp onto Sperling Avenue to Sperling SkyTrain Station. It departs Sperling Station by Winston Street, north along Phillips Avenue to Government Road, north along Brighton Avenue becoming Production Way where Brighton meets Lougheed Highway, Eastlake Drive to Beaverbrook Crescent, Beaverbrook Drive, Cameron Street, southbound along North Road to Government Place, Gatineau Place and Lougheed SkyTrain Station.
Westbound trips depart Lougheed Station heading north on North Road, west on Cameron becoming Beaverbrook Drive, west on Eastlake Drive, south on Production Way to Production Way Station. Continuing from Production Way Station, the route continues south on Production Way becoming Brighton Avenue. The route turns west onto Government, south on Phillips, west on Winston to Sperling Station. Departing Sperling Station, the route heads north on Sperling Avenue becoming Kensington Avenue, west on Sprott, south on Norland becoming Deer Lake Parkway to Burnaby City Hall. Departing city hall, the route continues on Deer Lake Parkway, west on Gilpin, south on Royal Oak, west on Deer Lake Parkway, south on Willingdon, east on Bond, north on Nelson, west on Bennett becoming Bonsor, west on Central Boulevard to Metrotown Station.
The first two westbound weekday trips start at Production Station and serve all stops to Metrotown Station. Conversely, the first eastbound weekday trip starts at Sperling station and serves all stops to Lougheed Station.
In the afternoon when school is in session, one trip operates as 110 Sperling Station operating from Lougheed Station to Burnaby Mountain Secondary School connecting to Production and Sperling Stations. Routing from Lougheed Station to Sperling Station remains the same as regular trips.
In the afternoon Mondays to Fridays when school is in session, one trip operates as 110 Special. This trip operates an alternate routing to serve the Cascade Heights area and connects Burnaby Central and Moscrop secondary schools to Patterson and Metrotown SkyTrain stations. The route departs from Burnaby City Hall heading south on Deer Lake Parkway, west on Gilpin, south on Royal Oak, west on Deer Lake Parkway becoming Moscrop Street, south on Patterson, east on Central Boulevard, north on Kathleen, east on Kemp, south on Willingdon, east on Central Boulevard to Metrotown Station.
On weekdays, three trips (1 morning, 2 afternoon) operate on an alternate routing near Metrotown Station to interline with added peak hour trips on the 116 Edmonds Station/Metrotown Station. The trips operate via regular route until Nelson, west on Kingsway, south on McKay, east on Central Boulevard to Metrotown Station instead of south on Nelson, west on Bennett becoming Bonsor, and west on Central Boulevard to Metrotown Station.
Points of Interest
- Metropolis at Metrotown
- Metrotown Station (Bay 13)
- Patterson Station (110 Special trips only. Unloading only at Bay 2)
- Bonsor Park and Community Centre
- Forest Glen Park
- Moscrop Secondary School
- Wesburn Park (110 Special trips only)
- Wesburn Community Centre (110 Special trips only)
- George McLean Park (110 Special trips only)
- Central Park (110 Special trips only)
- Burnaby City Hall
- Burnaby Central Secondary School
- CG Brown Memorial Pool
- Bill Copeland Sports Centre
- Sperling–Burnaby Lake Station (Bay 3)
- Production Way–University Station (Bay 2 – Metrotown Station) (Bay 3 – Lougheed Station)
- Burnaby Mountain Secondary School
- Lougheed Town Centre
- Coquitlam College
- Cariboo Shopping Centre
- Lougheed Town Centre Station (Bay 5)
- March 1986 - Route introduced and operated as 110 Municipal Hall/Metrotown Station, a clockwise loop service connecting to Burnaby City Hall (from Metrotown Station via Central Blvd., Beresford, Patterson, Moscrop, Gilpin, to Burnaby Municipal Hall. Then via Canada Way, Burris, Grange, Oakland, Nelson, Kingsway, McKay, to Metrotown Station), with 111 Municipal Hall/Metrotown Station operating the counterclockwise loop
- September 1987 - Loop service revised after introduction of 144 SFU/Metrotown Station and cancellation of 111 Municipal Hall/Metrotown Station
- September 1989 - Route revised to 110 Lougheed Mall/Metrotown Station and extended to Lougheed Mall from Burnaby City Hall via Norland, Sprott, Kensington, Broadway, Bainbridge, Government, to Lougheed Mall to replace portions of the 133 Lougheed Mall/Kootenay Loop.
- April 1997 - Reroute via : Central Blvd (Toward East), Bonsor Ave, Bennett St, Nelson Ave, Bond St, Willingdon Ave to Deer Lake Parkway (Old route Eastbound via: Central Blvd (Toward West), Willingdon Ave, Beresford St, Patterson Ave, Grange St, Barker Ave, Sardis St, Patterson Ave, Moscrop St (Toward East) and Deer Lake Parkway; Westbound via: Deer Lake Parkway, Moscrop St, Patterson Ave, Grange St, Patterson Ave, Central Blvd (Patterson Station), Wilson Ave, Kemp St, Willingdon Ave & Central Blvd, this sector replaced by the new route 129)
- 1997 - Eastbound route diverted via : Broadway, Bainbridge Ave, Lougheed Hwy, Sperling Ave to Winston St instead Bainbridge Ave to Winston St
- September 1998 - Accessible services introduced
- September 2002 - Rationalisation for the bus service after Millenium Line commenced, reroute via: Kensington Overpass, Sperling Ave, Sperling-Burnaby Lake Station, Winston Ave, Philips Ave, Government Rd, Brighton Ave (Production Way Station), Eastlake Dr, Braverbrook Dr, Cameron St, North Rd, Gatineau Plave to Lougheed Station (Replace part of route 134 from Eastlake to Lougheed Mall)
- September 2016 - Route operations moved from Burnaby Transit Centre to Hamilton Transit Centre as part of a mass re-organization involving closure of North Vancouver Transit Centre and the transfer of all its operations to Burnaby Transit Centre
- May 2018 - Metrotown Station renovations: Metrotown Station terminus moved from Bay 5 inside the bus loop to Bay 13 along Central Boulevard
- September 2018 - 110 City Hall school special short-turn trip revised to operate full distance from Metrotown Station to Lougheed Station
- The Buzzer February 28, 1986 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 24-09-2015
- The Buzzer August, 28 1987 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 02-01-2017
- The Buzzer August 25, 1989 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 02-01-2017