Coast Mountain Bus Company route 230 'Upper Lonsdale / Lonsdale Quay'
|Service Area||North Vancouver|
|Termini||Prospect Road at W. Rockland Road*|
|Operations||Burnaby Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||Nova Bus LFS|
|Branches||230 Upper Lonsdale|
230 Lonsdale Quay
* Early weekday morning trips terminate at E. Osborne Road & Lonsdale Avenue
230 Upper Lonsdale/Lonsdale Quay is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is a north-south route running in North Vancouver connecting the Upper Lonsdale area and Lonsdale Quay running primarily on Lonsdale Avenue. Combined with the 229, Frequent Transit Network service is provided along Lonsdale Avenue from Lonsdale Quay to 29th Street.
Northbound trips depart Lonsdale Quay heading east on Carrie Cates Court, north on Rogers Avenue, east on Esplanade W., then onto Lonsdale Avenue heading northbound until turning east onto Osborne Road, north on Princess Avenue to Braemar Road E. heading west back to Lonsdale Avenue northbound and then turning west onto W. Rockland Road, south on Prospect Road using the bus-only access road to terminate at Prospect Road & W. Rockland Road.
Southbound trips depart Prospect Road & W. Rockland Road heading south on Prospect, east on Balmoral Road, south on Lonsdale Avenue, west on Esplanade W. south on Rogers Avenue, west on Carrie Cates Court to Lonsdale Quay.
Select early morning northbound trips begin from Lonsdale Avenue at 15th Street.
Early weekday morning northbound trips terminate at E. Osbourne Road & Lonsdale Avenue instead of at Prospect Road & W. Rockland Road. Those trips depart from Osburne & Lonsdale return to Lonsdale Quay via the Upper Lonsdale loop routing through Prospect & Rockland.
Points of Interest
- SeaBus Terminal and Lonsdale Quay Public Market
- Lonsdale Quay (Bay 8)
- Victoria Park
- North Vancouver City Library
- North Vancouver City Hall
- R Sargent Park
- Norseman Park
- Centennial Theatre
- Carisbrooke Park
- Princess Park
- Braemar Park
- Rockland Park
- Circa 1950 - Route introduced as Lonsdale. Operates from Ferry Wharf (now Lonsdale Quay) along Lonsdale Avenue to either Lonsdale and Rockland or Lonsdale and Carisbrooke
- October 1953 - Route modified to include additional destination of Tempe Crescent between 27th and 29th Street.
- January 1964 - Lower Lonsdale portion of the route is serviced the 83 Lynn Valley in the northbound direction and the 84 Esplanade in the southbound direction. The routes travel along Lonsdale Ave. to 15th Street and head to or from Lynn Valley at Dempsey. The Upper Lonsdale portion of the route is serviced by the 80 Lonsdale in the northbound direction and the 81 Vancouver via First Narrows in the southbound direction. The routes travel along Lonsdale between 15th Street and Rockland Road and head to or from the Vancouver Bus Depot downtown.
- March 1985 - Re-routed from Lonsdale Avenue to Osborne Rd, Princess Ave, Braemar Rd, and Rockland Rd to Prospect. Then Prospect Rd, Balmoral Rd to Lonsdale Ave back to Lonsdale Quay
- October 1991 - Accessible service introduced on select trips
- September 2016 - North Vancouver Transit Centre closed down, operations moved to Burnaby Transit Centre
- June 2019 - Weekday afternoon short-turn trips at Lonsdale & 23rd Street discontinued and trips extended to Prospect & Rockland
- June 2020 - Lonsdale Quay routing revised in both directions to go via Carrie Cates Court, Rogers Avenue, Esplanade, and Lonsdale Avenue instead of via Carrie Cates Court and Lonsdale Avenue following completion of transit priority access on Rogers Avenue
- January 2021 - Upper Lonsdale floating layover revised from most trips before 1pm daily to layover at Osbourne & Lonsdale before doing the Upper Lonsdale loop routing to the terminus at Prospect & Rockland to all early morning weekday trips terminating at Osbourne & Lonsdale before doing the Upper Lonsdale loop routing as a southbound trip
- The Buzzer April 6, 1950 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 10-12-2016
- The Buzzer October 20, 1953 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 10-12-2016
- The Buzzer January 3, 1964 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 10-12-2016
- The Buzzer March 15, 1985 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 01-12-2017
- The Buzzer August 30, 1991 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 17-01-2017
- 230 Upper Lonsdale/Lonsdale Quay Schedule Effective September 2009, translink.ca, retrieved 17-10-09