West Vancouver Municipal Transit route 254 'British Properties / Park Royal / Vancouver'
|Service Area||West Vancouver|
|Termini||Bonnymuir Drive at Glenmore Drive*|
Homer Street at Dunsmuir Street**
|Operations||West Vancouver Transit|
|Vehicles||NFI XD40 |
Nova Bus LFS
|Branches||254 British Properties|
254 Park Royal Only
254 Vancouver (peak hours only)
School Special (AM School Special trip)
* some trips terminate at NB Bonnymuir Drive at Glenmore Drive and do the counterclockwise routing around British Properties returning to Park Royal or Vancouver, whereas most trips terminate at SB Bonnymuir Drive at Glenmore Drive and returns to Park Royal or Vancouver, continuing the regular clockwise routing around British Properties.
This route provides service to the British Properties, one of the most affluent communities in the Lower Mainland. It provides north-south service with limited peak trips to Downtown Vancouver.
The route departs Park Royal Shopping Centre on Marine Drive eastbound turning north along Taylor Way until Southborough Drive where the route makes a clockwise loop via Southborough, Eyremount Drive, Cross Creek Road onto Chartwell Drive, Crestwell Road, back onto Eyremount Drive, Fairmile Road, Southborough heading north, King Georges Way, Robin Hood Road, Kenwood Road, St. Andrews Road and finally Bonnymuir Drive where it terminates by Glenmore Park. Southbound trips take Bonnymuir onto Stevens Drive to Taylor Way southbound until Marine Drive where it terminates at Park Royal.
Select morning trips travel in the reverse direction of the regular route. They also route from Taylor Way by Inglewood westbound onto Burley Drive, Mathers Avenue, south along 11th Street, Fulton Avenue, 14th Street and back onto Marine Drive to Park Royal. Select trips take Inglewood all the way to 14th Street southbound; they avoid 11th Street and Fulton Avenue. Morning peak routing routes via Marine to Park Royal Centre Road, Taylor Way and back onto Marine.
Limited service is provided to Downtown Vancouver, all trips are timed to meet routes heading into Downtown which take Marine onto Lions Gate, West Georgia and Homer where they terminate on Homer at Dunsmuir. Return trips, 254 British Properties leave Downtown by Homer, Dunsmuir to Richards and West Georgia.
A School Special runs in the morning from Bonnumuir at Glenmore to Mathers at 15th Street, via regular route, south on Taylor Way, west on Mathers Avenue to Mathers at 15th Street.
Points of Interest
- Park Royal
- Park Royal Shopping Centre
- Capilano Golf and Country Club
- Glenmore Park
- Capilano River Regional Park
Peak Hours Only from Park Royal:
- Stanley Park
- Burrard Station
- Vancouver Art Gallery
- Granville Station
- Vancouver City Centre Station
- Pacific Centre
- Stadium–Chinatown Station
- April 2017 - Frequency increase to every hour from 9:30 am to 10:30 pm on Sundays and Holidays. 
- April 2019 - Downtown terminus moved from Homer Street & Dunsmuir Street to W. Georgia Street & Hamilton Street, with layover in Larwill Park
- The Buzzer April 21, 2017 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 02-06-2018
|Transit Centre||West Vancouver Transit Centre|
|Current Fleet||701–706 901–909 1201–1217 1601–1605 1606–1614|
|Community Shuttle Fleet||17501–17505 18501–18509 19501–19502, 19536–19537|
|712–714 801–803 912–914 921–929 951–959, 961–968 971 981 990–998 S200 S201 S261 S305 S370 S1301–S1304, S1308, S1309, S1316–S1320|
|Conventional||250/250A 253 254 255 258|
|Community Shuttle||214 215 227 251 252 256 262|
|Former Routes||257 259|
|Plans and Projects|