West Vancouver Municipal Transit route 254 'British Properties / Park Royal / Vancouver'
|Service Area||West Vancouver|
|Termini||Bonnymuir Drive at Glenmore Drive*|
W. Georgia Street at Hamilton Street**
|Operations||West Vancouver Transit|
|Vehicles||NFI XD40 |
Nova Bus LFS
|Branches||254 British Properties|
254 Park Royal Only
* 4 trips during the AM peak terminate at NB Bonnymuir Drive & Glenmore Drive and do the counterclockwise routing around British Properties returning to Park Royal or Vancouver, whereas all other trips terminate at SB Bonnymuir Drive & Glenmore Drive and return to Park Royal or Vancouver after completing the regular clockwise routing around British Properties.
This is a north-south circular route connecting the British Properties and Park Royal in West Vancouver, with select peak hour trips extending to Vancouver. Service runs daily every hour, increasing to every 30 minutes during peak hours.
Trips depart Park Royal heading east on Marine Drive, north on Taylor Way until Southborough Drive where the route makes a clockwise loop via Southborough, Eyremount Drive, Cross Creek Road onto Chartwell Drive, Crestwell Road, back onto Eyremount Drive, Fairmile Road, Southborough heading north, King Georges Way, Robin Hood Road, Kenwood Road, St. Andrews Road and finally Bonnymuir Drive where it terminates at Glenmore Drive. The route returns to Park Royal or Vancouver by continuing south on Bonnymuir onto Stevens Drive to Taylor Way southbound until Marine Drive where it heads west and turns around through the Park Royal parking lot to terminate at Park Royal. For limited trips continuing to Vancouver, it continues east on Marine Drive and over the Lions Gate Bridge onto W. Georgia Street to W. Georgia Street & Hamilton Street.
Northbound trips starting in Downtown Vancouver depart from W. Georgia Street & Richards Street heading west on W. Georgia Street through the Stanley Park Causeway and across the Lions Gate Bridge, then west on Marine Drive to Park Royal. Continuing from Park Royal, the route heads west on Marine Drive, turns around through the Park Royal parking lot, then east on Marine Drive and regular route to British Properties.
Limited trips travel in the reverse, counterclockwise direction of the regular route. These trips include the morning peak-hour extension trips to Vancouver, a Park Royal short-turn trip at the end of the AM peak service, and the morning School Special. These trips also route from Taylor Way by Inglewood westbound onto Burley Drive, Mathers Avenue, south along 11th Street, Fulton Avenue, 14th Street and back onto Marine Drive to Park Royal.
Early morning British Properties trips do not travel the full circular routing. These trips travel via regular route until Southborough Drive & Taylor Way, then east on Stevens Drive and north on Bonnymuir Drive to Bonnymuir & Glenmore Drive before continuing a return trip to Park Royal and extension to Vancouver doing the counterclockwise routing.
There are two School Special runs. In the morning, one begins from Bonnymuir Drive & Glenmore Drive and travels the counterclockwise routing to Mathers at 15th Street, via regular route, south on Taylor Way, west on Burley Drive becoming Mathers Avenue, south on 17th Street, east on Marine Drive to Marine & 17th where it continues as a 250 Park Royal.
In the afternoon, a School Special starts from the 1300 Block on Chartwell Drive and travels the regular clockwise routing to Bonnymuir & Glenmore.
Points of Interest
- Park Royal (Bay 4 – British Properties) (Bay 5 – Vancouver)
- Park Royal Shopping Centre
- Hollyburn Country Club
- West Vancouver Fire Services Museum & Archives Society
- Cross Creek Park
- Chartwell Park
- Hadden Park
- Glenmore Park
- Capilano Golf and Country Club
- Capilano River Regional Park
Peak Hours Only:
- Stanley Park
- Burrard Station
- Vancouver Art Gallery
- Granville Station
- Vancouver City Centre Station
- Pacific Centre
- Stadium–Chinatown Station
- September 1946 - Service introduced as British Properties, running between Taylor Way & Marine Drive and the British Properties Plaza. The service was introduced to primarily connect the British Pacific Properties and nearby schools and to run as a shopper service. The Cemetery service was also merged with the British Properties route timetable
- November 1946 - Serice extended further into the British Properties, running to King George's Way & Southborough Drive
- October 2001 - One late-night trip Monday–Saturday discontinued due to low ridership and funding shortfall
- September 2012 - Proposal to turn route into a two-way service in British Properties
- November 2015 - Service proposed to have peak-hour service to/from Vancouver discontinued and to restructure routing to introduce two-way service through British Properties in conjunction with the 256
- April 2017 - Frequency increase to every hour from 9:30 am to 10:30 pm on Sundays and Holidays. 
- April 2019 - Downtown terminus moved from Homer Street & Dunsmuir Street to W. Georgia Street & Hamilton Street, with layover in Larwill Park
- September 2020 - Morning School Special revised to terminate at Marine & 17th instead of Mathers & 15th and interlined with the 250. Afternoon School Special service from 1300 Block on Chartwell Drive introduced
- April 2022 - Closure of Larwill Park: Downtown layover spaces relocated to Hamilton Street and Homer Street between W. Georgia Street and Robson Street: Eastbound trips revised to terminate at W. Georgia Street & Hamilton Street instead of W. Georgia Street & Homer Street. Starting point moved from W. Georgia Street & Hamilton Street to W. Georgia Street & Richards Street, no longer routing from Larwill Park via Cambie Street to W. Georgia Street
- September 2022 - Community Shuttles used on occasional trips due to strike-related conventional bus maintenance backlogs
- Transit Topics August 1946 Issue West Vancouver Archives, retrieved 19-04-2021
- Transit Topics September 1946 Issue West Vancouver Archives, retrieved 19-04-2021
- Transit Topics November 1946 Issue West Vancouver Archives, retrieved 19-04-2021
- Service Cuts for October 15, 2001 listed by Route Number translink.ca, archived on Web Archive, retrieved 01-03-2021
- North Shore Area Transit Plan Phase 3 - High Priority Projects translink.ca, retrieved 30-01-2021
- 2015 Transit Network Consultation translink.ca, archived on Web Archive, retrieved 30-05-2021
- The Buzzer April 21, 2017 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 02-06-2018
|Facilities||Park Royal – West Vancouver Transit Centre|
|Current Fleet||701–706 901–909 1201–1217 1601–1605 1606–1614|
|Community Shuttle Fleet||17501–17505 18501–18509 19501–19502, 19536–19537|
|712–714 801–803 912–914 921–929 951–959, 961–968 971 981 990–998 S200 S201 S261 S305 S370 S1301–S1304, S1308, S1309, S1316–S1320|
|Conventional||250 250A 253 254 255 258|
|Community Shuttle||214 215 226 227 251 252 256 262|
|Other||Cemetery – Vancouver Special Events Bus|
|Former Routes||257 259 – Hockey Special – PNE Special|