Coast Mountain Bus Company route 20 'Victoria / Downtown'
|Termini||Harrison Drive at Victoria Drive|
Richards Street at W. Georgia Street
|Operations||Vancouver Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI E60LFR |
NFI E40LFR (occasionally)
Nova Bus LFS (occasionally)
Nova Bus LFS HEV (occasionally)
20 Victoria to 41st*
20 Victoria to 54th**
* Select trips
20 Victoria/Downtown is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This route provides north-south service along Victoria Drive connecting communities along Victoria to the Downtown Core. It is a Frequent Transit Network (FTN) route with north-south service 15 minutes or better for 15 hours or more of the day, seven days a week.
Southbound trips begin from Richards Street & W. Georgia Street running south on Richards, then westbound along Robson to take Granville Street northbound. The route continues along Hastings Street and turns onto southbound onto Commercial Drive. From Commercial Drive the route runs onto Victoria Drive until Harrison Loop at Harrison Drive.
Trips to Downtown make a turn south at W. Hastings and Richards Street to run along Richards Street until Robson at Richards.
Weekend, holiday, days preceding holidays and Friday evening service after 9pm run along Seymour Street northbound from Robson when Granville Street access is restricted to pedestrians only.
Select weekday southbound trips short-turn at Victoria Drive & E. 54th Avenue and weekday late night southbound trips terminate at Victoria Drive & E. 41st Avenue. Some early morning trips towards Victoria & 54th and Harrison & Victoria start at E. 41st Avenue & Bruce Street and head east on E. 41st, south on Victoria Drive then via regular route. Select northbound trips starting from both Harrison & Victoria and Victoria & 54th terminate at Victoria Drive & E. 41st Avenue as well. Select early morning northbound trips start at Victoria Drive & E. 41st Avenue.
Points of Interest
- Granville Station
- Vancouver City Centre Station
- East Hastings
- Little Italy
- Commercial–Broadway Station (Bay 2 – Victoria) (Bay 3 – Downtown)
- Trout Lake
- Harrison Loop
- Formerly route 20 Granville/Downtown/Victoria
- December 1982 - Service renumbered from 20 Granville and 21 Victoria to 21 in both directions
- September 1988 - Trips in both directions revised to operate as route 20 
- October 2001 - Late-night Owl service cancelled due to funding shortfall
- April 2006 - Service rerouted due to construction of the Canada Line; service to run southbound by Richards, Robson and the north along Seymour instead of along Granville Street
- 2007 - Service by Flyer Industries E901/902 ended
- April 2008 - Interlining of 8 Fraser/Downtown and 20 Victoria/Downtown ended in order to introduce articulated trolley service on route 20
- September 2009 - All service is extended back to Harrison Loop; previously select trips terminated at East 54th Avenue
- September 2009 - Route is interlined with 3 Main/Downtown
- September 2010 - Service revised to operate along Granville Street in Downtown Vancouver
- September 2013 - Service revised to operate every second weekday trip to terminate at 54th Avenue on Victoria Drive
- June 2018 - Downtown terminus and layover introduced at Richards Street & W. Georgia Street to increase route reliability due to downtown traffic congestion
- September 2020 - COVID-19 service adjustment: midday southbound weekday trips revised to travel full route instead of short-turning at Victoria & 54th. Daytime frequency reduced from every 7–8 minutes on weekdays and Saturdays to every 7–10 minutes during peak hours, every 15 minutes on weekday midday, and every 12–15 minutes on Saturdays; Sundays reduced from every 10 minutes to every 15 minutes
- List of Bus routes in Metro Vancouver wikipedia.org, retrieved 08-09-09
- The Buzzer December 10, 1982 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 26-04-2020
- The Buzzer August 26, 1988 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 13-11-2017
- Service Cuts for October 15, 2001 listed by Route Number translink.ca, retrieved 23-04-2020
- The Buzzer April 24, 2006 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 23-04-2010
- Other September 7 bus adjustments 3, 8, 160 discontinued service, plus bus bay changes, buzzer.translink.ca, retrieved 07-09-09
- The Buzzer June 15, 2018 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 14-06-2020