Coast Mountain Bus Company route 20 'Victoria / Downtown'
|Termini||Harrison Drive at Victoria Drive|
Richards Street at W. Georgia Street
|Operations||Vancouver Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI E40LFR *|
Nova Bus LFS **
Nova Bus LFS HEV **
20 Victoria to 41st***
20 Victoria to 54th!
* In the event of a bus shortage or snowfall
20 Victoria/Downtown is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is a north-south route connecting South Vancouver and Downtown Vancouver running primarily along Victoria Drive. It is a Frequent Transit Network (FTN) route with north-south service 15 minutes or better for 15 hours or more of the day, seven days a week.
Northbound trips depart from Harrison Drive & Victoria Drive heading west on Harrison, north on Victoria Drive becoming Commercial Drive, west on E. Hastings Street becoming W. Hastings Street, and south on Richards Street to Richards & W. Georgia Street.
Southbound trips depart from Richards Street & W. Georgia Street heading south on Richards, west on Robson Street, north on Granville Street, east on W. Hastings Street becoming E. Hastings Street, south on Commercial Drive becoming Victoria Drive, and east on Harrison Drive to Harrison & Victoria Drive.
On Fridays, weekends/holidays, and days preceding holidays after 9pm, there is no service on Granville Street. Trips use Seymour Street.
Select weekday southbound trips short-turn at Victoria Drive & E. 54th Avenue and weekday late night southbound trips terminate at Victoria Drive & E. 41st Avenue. Some early morning trips towards Victoria & 54th and Harrison & Victoria start at E. 41st Avenue & Bruce Street and head east on E. 41st, south on Victoria Drive then via regular route. Select northbound trips starting from both Harrison & Victoria and Victoria & 54th terminate at Victoria Drive & E. 41st Avenue as well. Select early morning northbound trips start at Victoria Drive & E. 41st Avenue.
Points of Interest
- Granville Station
- Vancouver City Centre Station
- East Hastings
- Little Italy
- Commercial–Broadway Station (Bay 2 – Victoria) (Bay 3 – Downtown)
- Trout Lake
- Harrison Loop
- Formerly route 20 Granville/Downtown/Victoria
- December 1982 - Service renumbered from 20 Granville and 21 Victoria to 21 in both directions
- September 1988 - Trips in both directions revised to operate as route 20 
- September 1997 - Service revised to operate as 20 Victoria/Downtown and service along Granville Street discontinued and replaced by the 8 Fraser/Granville. Service revised to terminate at Davie & Richards and interline with the 3 Main and start at Robson & Richards, coming off a 3 Downtown
- October 2001 - Late-night Owl service cancelled due to funding shortfall
- September 2005 - Service revised to interline with the 8 Fraser/Downtown
- April 2006 - Service rerouted due to construction of the Canada Line; service to run southbound by Richards, Robson and the north along Seymour instead of along Granville Street
- 2007 - Service by Flyer Industries E901/902 ended
- April 2008 - Interlining with the 8 Fraser/Downtown ended in order to introduce articulated trolley service on the 20 Midday trips daily revised to alternate between short-turning at 54th Avenue and travelling the full route to Harrison Loop
- September 2009 - All service is extended back to Harrison Loop; previously select trips terminated at East 54th Avenue
- September 2009 - Route is interlined with 3 Main/Downtown
- September 2010 - Service revised to operate along Granville Street in Downtown Vancouver and interlining with the 3 ends
- September 2013 - Service revised to operate every second weekday trip to terminate at 54th Avenue on Victoria Drive
- June 2018 - Downtown terminus and layover introduced at Richards Street & W. Georgia Street to increase route reliability due to downtown traffic congestion
- September 2020 - COVID-19 service adjustment: Midday southbound weekday trips revised to travel full route instead of short-turning at Victoria & 54th. Daytime frequency reduced from every 7–8 minutes on weekdays and Saturdays to every 7–10 minutes during peak hours, every 15 minutes on weekday midday, and every 12–15 minutes on Saturdays; Sundays reduced from every 10 minutes to every 15 minutes
- List of Bus routes in Metro Vancouver wikipedia.org, retrieved 08-09-09
- The Buzzer December 10, 1982 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 26-04-2020
- The Buzzer August 26, 1988 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 13-11-2017
- Service Cuts for October 15, 2001 listed by Route Number translink.ca, retrieved 23-04-2020
- Service Cuts for October 15, 2001 listed by Route Number translink.ca, archived on Web Archive, retrieved 26-02-2021
- The Buzzer April 24, 2006 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 23-04-2010
- The Buzzer April 11, 2008 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 27-02-2021
- Other September 7 bus adjustments 3, 8, 160 discontinued service, plus bus bay changes, buzzer.translink.ca, retrieved 07-09-09
- The Buzzer June 15, 2018 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 14-06-2020