Coast Mountain Bus Company route 373 'Guildford / Surrey Central Station'
Surrey Central Station
|Operations||Hamilton Transit Centre|
Surrey Transit Centre*
|Vehicles||ARBOC SOM 28 |
NFI D40LFR *
NFI XN40 *
373 Surrey Central Station
373 To Kindersley*
* School Special short-turn service terminating at 143A Street & Gladstone Drive
373 Guildford/Surrey Central Station is a Community Shuttle route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an east-west circular route connecting Guildford and Surrey Central Station via Grosvenor and Invergarry Park in Whalley. Service runs daily every 20–45 minutes on weekdays, increasing to every 15 minutes during peak hours. Service on weekends/holidays run every 30 minutes.
Trips depart from Surrey Central Station heading north on University Drive, west on 104 Avenue, north on 128 Street, east on 108 Avenue, north on Hilton Road, east on Grosvenor Road, west on Hansen Road becoming 112 Avenue, north on 136 Street, east on 113 Avenue becoming Kindersley Drive, north on 143A Street, west on Gladstone Drive, east on Grosvenor Road, north on McBride Drive, east on King Road, east on 116A Avenue, south on Surrey Road, south on Wallace Drive becoming 148 Street, east on 108 Avenue, south on 150 Street, east on 104 Avenue, north on 152 Street, and west on 105 Avenue to Guildford Exchange. Continuing from Guildford Exchange trips head west on 105 Avenue, north on 150 Street, west on 108 Avenue, north on 148 Street becoming Wallace Drive, east on Surrey Road, west on 116A Avenue, west on King Road, south on McBride Drive, west on Grosvenor Road, east on Gladstone Drive, south on 143A Street, west on Kindersley Drive becoming 113 Avenue, south on 136 Street, east on 112 Avenue becoming Hansen Road, south on Grosvenor Road, south on Hilton Road, west on 108 Avenue, south on 128 Street, east on 104 Avenue, and south on University Drive to Surrey Central Station.
Friday service is extended until approximately 11:00 PM.
On weekdays when school is in session, there are two round-trips – one in the morning and one in the afternoon – that run as 373 To Kindersley starting from Kwantlen Park Secondary School at 104 Avenue & 132 Street and goes via regular route until Grosvenor Road, where it continues to head east – bypassing the 112 and 113 Avenue routing – then east on Kindersley Drive and north on 143A Street to 143A Street & Gladstone Drive. From there, trips return from 143A Street & Gladstone Drive to Surrey Central Station with no changes in routing.
Points of Interest
- Surrey Central Station (Bay 6)
- Central City Shopping Centre
- Simon Fraser University – Surrey Campus
- North Surrey Recreation Centre
- Kwantlen Park Secondary School
- Royal Kwantlen Park
- Gateway Station (Bay 1 – Surrey Central Station) (Bay 3 – Guildford)
- Surrey Traditional School
- Invergarry Park
- Victoria Park
- Bonaccord Square Park
- Guildford Town Centre
- Surrey Public Library Guildford Branch
- Guildford Recreation Centre
- Guildford Exchange (Bay 3 – Guildford) (Bay 4 – Surrey Central)
- September 2004 - Service introduced as C73 Guildford/Surrey Central Station, replacing the 328 Grosvenor/Surrey Central Station and portions of the 317 Guildford/Scott Road Station
- September 2007 - Peak hour service improved to every 20 minutes in the morning and to 30 minutes in the early evening
- September 2008 - Routing near Surrey Central Station revised; westbound routing revised to take 134A Street instead of 135th Street
- April 2018 - Community Shuttle branding dissolved: service renumbered to 373 with no changes in routing or frequency
- September 2019 - Introduction of Kindersley Drive short-turn trips following the discontinuation of the Kwantlen Park School Special
- September 2021 - Community Shuttle operations transferred from Surrey Transit Centre to Hamilton Transit Centre to free up space for conventional buses in Surrey
- September 14, 2022 - 373 To Kindersley trips revised to start at Kwantlen Park Secondary School instead of Surrey Central Station with no changes in departure times
- January 2023 - Various weekday service increases
- Early morning service towards Surrey Central increased from every 30 minutes to every 20 minutes
- Peak hour service increased from every 15–20 minutes to every 15 minutes
- Evening service increased from every 30 minutes to every 20 minutes towards Guildford, with nighttime service increasing from every hour to every 30 minutes
- The Buzzer September 3, 2004 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 13-01-2017
- South of Fraser to see service improvements in September, translink.ca, retrieved 15-02-2010
- The Buzzer August 29, 2008 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 15-02-2010
- The Buzzer April 13, 2018 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 22-04-2018
- Route Frequency Table, bctransit.com, retrieved 15-02-2010