Coast Mountain Bus Company route 340 'Scottsdale / 22nd Street Station'
22nd Street Station
|Operations||Hamilton Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI XN40 |
Nova Bus LFS HEV
340 22nd Street Station
340 Scottsdale/22nd Street Station is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is a north-south route running in Surrey, Delta, and New Westminster running primarily on Highway 91. Service runs daily every 20–30 minutes increasing to every 15 minutes during peak hours.
Northbound trips depart from Scottsdale Exchange heading west on 74th Avenue, south on Scott Road, west on 64th Avenue becoming Kittson Parkway, north on Highway 91 and across the Alex Fraser Bridge taking the Annacis Island and Cliveden Avenue exit to the Cliveden Interchange. Continuing from the Cliveden Interchange, trips merge back onto Highway 91 taking the Highway 91A exit heading east on Highway 91A, then taking the Howes Street exit. Continuing from the Howes Street exit, trips merge back onto Highway 91A and go across the Queensborough Bridge taking the 23rd Street exit, and east on 7th Avenue to 22nd Street Station.
Southbound trips depart from 22nd Street Station heading east on 7th Avenue, south on 20th Street, west on Stewardson Way and onto Highway 91A heading south across Queensborough Bridge taking the Howes Street exit. Continuing from the Howes Street exit, trips merge back onto Highway 91A and take the Highway 91 exit, then continue south to take the Annacis Island and Cliveden Avenue exit to the Cliveden Interchange. Continuing from the Cliveden Interchange, trips merge back onto Highway 91 heading south and across the Alex Fraser Bridge, then taking the 64th Avenue exit and head east on Kittson Parkway becoming 64th Avenue, north on Scott Road, and east on 74th Avenue to Scottsdale Exchange.
Points of Interest
- 22nd Street Station (Bay 8)
- Annacis Island Industrial Area
- Scottsdale Mall
- Scott 72 Centre
- Scottsdale Exchange (Bay 5)
- Surrey Public Library Strawberry Hill Branch
- Strawberry Hill Mall
- April 1987 - Route Introduced as 340 Newton Exchange/22nd Street Station as a peak hour only service. Frequency was every thirty minutes
- March 1990 - All-day service introduced and extended from Scottsdale Mall to Newton Exchange to replace portions of the 323 and 324 between Scottsdale Mall and Newton Exchange, and the 312 between Scottsdale Mall and 22nd Street Station
- September 1990 - Select peak hour trips extended along 72nd Avenue and 144th Street from Newton Exchange to the Surrey Civic Centre and operated as 340 Sullivan Heights/Newton Exchange/22nd Street Station
- September 1991 - Service revised to run as 340 Cloverdale/Newton Exchange/22nd Street Station as the eastern terminus is extended to Cloverdale via Surrey Civic Centre to provide improved service within Cloverdale and connections with the 320 and 395
- October 1991 - Accessible service introduced on select trips
- April 1993 - Re-routed to 60th Avenue and 152nd Street to Cloverdale
- September 2007 - Route divided into two sections and service to Guildford Exchange and Cloverdale discontinued. Newton Exchange, Guildford, and Cloverdale portions of the route replaced by the 341 Guildford/Newton Exchange/Cloverdale. Service revised to run as 340 Newton Exchange/Scottsdale/22nd Street Station with improved 15-minute service between Scottsdale and Newton Exchange
- June 2008 - Route shortened to run between Scottsdale and 22nd Street Station. Service between Scottsdale and Newton Exchange replaced by an extension of the319 and service increased on all days
- April 2012 - Orion V coaches introduced to the route for added passenger comfort
- December 2012 - Removal of Orion V coaches on weekday service
- September 2019 - Route operations moved from Surrey Transit Centre to Hamilton Transit Centre
- January 2021 - Weekday evening service increased from every 30 minutes to every 15–20 minutes; late-night service increased from every hour to every 30 minutes
- April 2021 - Early morning Sunday/holiday service increased from every 30 minutes to every 20 minutes
- The Buzzer April 10, 1987 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 05-10-2014
- The Buzzer March 9, 1990 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 27-04-2020
- The Buzzer August 24, 1990 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 27-04-2020
- The Buzzer August 16 1991 Issue, retrieved 03-10-2014
- The Buzzer August 30, 1991 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 17-01-2017
- The Buzzer March 26, 1993 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 13-01-2017
- The Buzzer August 24, 2007 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 08-10-2014
- The Buzzer June 20 2008 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 08-10-2014
- The Buzzer April 14, 2012 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 07-06-19
- The Buzzer December 7, 2012 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 28-12-2017