Coast Mountain Bus Company route 503 'Fraser Highway Express'
|Termini||272 Street at Fraser Highway|
Surrey Central Station
|Operations||Surrey Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI D40LFR |
NFI XDE60 **
503 Langley Centre*
503 Langley Sec.***
503 Surrey Central Station
* Langley Centre short-turn service
503 Fraser Highway Express is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an east-west express route connecting Surrey Central Station and Aldergrove in Langley via Langley Centre, running primarily on Fraser Highway. Combined service runs daily every 15 minutes on weekdays between Surrey Central and Langley Centre, increasing to every 10 minutes during peak hours. This portion is part of the Frequent Transit Network (FTN), which is a benchmark for bus service 15 minutes or better for 15 hours or more of the day, seven days a week. Aldergrove service runs daily every 30 minutes, increasing to every 20 minutes during peak hours, and connects with the 21 Abbotsford to Bourquin Exchange.
Eastbound trips depart Surrey Central heading south on City Parkway, east on 102 Avenue, south on King George Boulevard to King George Station, then continues south on King George Boulevard, east on Fraser Highway, north on 203 Street, and east on Logan Avenue to Langley Centre. For Aldergrove trips continuing from Langley Centre, trips go along Logan Avenue becoming 56 Avenue, south on 216 Street, east on Fraser Highway, and north on 272 Street, terminating at 272 & Fraser Highway.
Westbound trips depart 272 Street & Fraser Highway heading north on 272, east on 32 Avenue, south on Station Road, west on 28 Avenue, north on 272 Street, west on 29 Avenue, north on 264 Street, west on Fraser Highway, north on 216 Street, and west on 56 Avenue becoming Logan Avenue to Langley Centre. Continuing from Langley Centre, trips head south on Glover Road, west on Fraser Highway, north on King George Boulevard, west on 102 Avenue, and north on City Parkway to Surrey Central Station.
Some early morning trips towards Aldergrove start at Langley Centre.
On weekdays when school is in session, one morning trip runs as 503 Fraser Highway Express to Langley Sec. and extends past Langley Centre to Langley Secondary School at 56 Avenue & 213A Street. In the afternoon, one afternoon trip starts at 56 Avenue & 213A Street heading towards Surrey Central Station.
Some evening weekday and one Saturday late-afternoon trip departing from Aldergrove terminate at Langley Centre.
|503 Fraser Highway Express Stops|
|Pick-up and drop-off service at all stops.|
Points of Interest
- Aldergrove Village
- Langley Memorial Hospital
- Canadian Museum of Flight
- Langley Regional Airport
- Langley Secondary School
- Langley Centre (Bay 1 – Surrey Central Station) (Bay 5 – Aldergrove)
- Cascades Casino
- Willowbrook Shopping Centre
- Fleetwood Town Centre
- Surrey Memorial Hospital - Outpatient Centre
- King George Station (Bay 4 – Surrey Central Station) (Bay 5 – Aldergrove & Langley Centre)
- Surrey Central Station (Bay 10)
- Central City Shopping Centre
- Simon Fraser University – Surrey Campus
- June 2014 - Service introduced as an express service to reduce overcrowding on the 502 Langley Centre/Surrey Central Station and replacing the Aldergrove portion of the 502. Eastbound service between Surrey Central and Langley Centre ran as a pick-up only service and westbound service between Langley Centre and Surrey Central ran as a drop-off only service. Local service was provided between Langley Centre and Aldergrove in both directions. Service operated with Orion V buses
- Spring–Fall 2018 - B-Line Consultation: B-Line proposed to connect Surrey Central Station and Langley Centre via Fraser Highway
- December 2018 - Mayor's Council votes to cancel the upcoming Fraser Highway B-Line and elects to re-invest funds into upgrading this route and restructuring the 502
- September 2019 - Service rebranded to Fraser Highway Express with drop-off/pick-up stop restrictions lifted and the introduction of articulated buses on trips between Langley Centre and Surrey Central Station; discontinuation of Orion V buses. Frequency improved from every 30 minutes to every 8–9 during peak, 10–15 off-peak between Surrey Central and Langley Centre with the introduction of Langley Centre short-turn trips. Eastbound King George Station routing revised to take 102 Avenue and King George Boulevard to Fraser Highway instead of 102 and Whalley Boulevard to Fraser Highway.
- April 2021 - Weekday service between Surrey Central Station and Langley Centre from early morning to late evening reduced from every 6–15 minutes to every 10–minutes. Saturday early-to-mid-afternoon Langley–Surrey Central service increased from every 15 minutes to every 12 minutes. Introduction of school special trips (one AM and one PM) servicing Langley Secondary School
- The Buzzer June 13, 2014, translink.ca, retrieved 27-06-2014
- B-Line Consultation Report September 2018 translink.ca, retrieved 25-09-2021
- Mayor's Council Meeting Minutes, December 22, 2018, translink.ca, retrieved 11-18-2020
- The Buzzer August 23, 2019 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 09-01-2019