Coast Mountain Bus Company route 129 'Patterson Station / Holdom Station'
|Operations||Hamilton Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI XN40 |
Nova Bus LFS HEV
|Branches||129 Patterson Station|
129 Holdom Station
129 Patterson Station/Holdom Station is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is a north-south route servicing the City of Burnaby. It is a feeder route to the Expo and Millennium SkyTrain lines for residential and industrial neighbourhoods.
Northbound trips departs Patterson Station heading west on Beresford Street, north on Patterson Avenue, east on Grange Street, north on Barker Avenue, west on Sardis Street, north on Patterson Avenue, west on Moscrop Street, north on Smith Avenue, east on Kincaid Street becoming Sanderson Way, north on Gilmore Way becoming Gilmore Avenue, east on Hastings Street, south on Holdom Avenue to Holdom Station, where it continues as a 133 Edmonds Station.
Southbound trips come off of a 133 Holdom Station and continues north on Holdom Avenue, west on Hastings Street, south on Gilmore Avenue becoming Gilmore Way, west on Sanderson Way becoming Kincaid Street, south on Smith Avenue, east on Moscrop Street, south on Patterson Avenue, east on Sardis Street, south on Barker Avenue, west on Grange Street, south on Patterson Avenue, east on Central Boulevard, north on Wilson Avenue, east on Kemp Street, south on Willingdon Avenue, west on Beresford Street to Patterson Station.
Select early morning weekend/holiday trips start at Metrotown Station heading west on Central Boulevard, south on Willingdon Avenue, west on Beresford Street and continues on its regular route to Holdom Station
Points of Interest
- Holdom Station
- Kensington Park
- Willingdon Heights Park
- Gilmore Station
- Carlton Private Hospital
- Electronic Arts Complex
- Burnaby General Hospital
- Central Park
- Patterson Station (Bay 1 – Holdom Station) (Bay 2 – Patterson Station)
- April 1997 - Route introduced as 129 Brentwood Mall/Metrotown Station as a service to connect Brentwood Mall, Patterson Station, and Burnaby General Hospital with Metrotown Station, and to replace portions of the 110 Lougheed Mall/Metrotown Station 
- (Westbound to Metrotown Station) via: Willingdon, Dawson, Gilmore, Kincaid, Smith, Moscrop, Patterson, Grange, Patterson, Central Blvd. (Patterson Station), Wilson, Kemp, Willingdon, Central Blvd to Metrotown Station
- (Eastbound to Brentwood Mall) via: Central Blvd., Willingdon, Beresford (Patterson Station), Patterson, Grange, Barker, Sardis, Patterson, Moscrop, Smith, Kincaid, Gilmore, Dawson, Willingdon to Brentwood Mall
- October 2001 - Service discontinued after 10:00 PM all days, before 8:00 AM Saturdays and before 9:00 AM Sundays due to funding shortfall
- September 2002 - Millennium Line transit rationalization, route revised as "129 Metrotown Station/Edmonds Station" after merging with the 131 Kootenay Loop/Edmonds Station and the sector of Hastings Street and Holdom Avenue previously served by route 136
- (Westbound to Metrotown Station) via: 18th Ave, Griffiths, Edmonds, Kingsway, Salisbury, Imperial, Walker, Stanley, Sperling, Burris, Canada Way,Deer Lake Parkway, Burnaby City Hall, Deer Lake Parkway, Canada Way, Douglas, Goring, Holdom (Holdom Station), Hastings, Gilmore (Gilmore Station), Kincaid, Smith, Moscrop, Patterson, Grange, Patterson, Central Blvd (Patterson Station), Wilson, Kemp, Willingdon, Central Blvd to Metrotown Station
- (Eastbound to Edmonds Station) via: Central Blvd, Willingdon, Beresford (Patterson Station), Patterson, Grange, Barker, Sardis, Patterson, Moscrop, Smith, Kincaid, Gilmore (Gilmore Station), Hastings, Holdom (Holdom Station), Goring, Douglas, Canada Way, Deer Lake Parkway, Burnaby City Hall, Deer Lake Parkway, Canada Way, Burris, Sperling, Stanley, Walker, Imperial, Salisbury, Kingsway, Griffiths, 18th Ave to Edmonds Station
- June 2015 - Terminus temporarily moved to Patterson Station
- September 2016 - Route operations moved from Burnaby Transit Centre to Hamilton Transit Centre as part of a mass re-organization involving closure of North Vancouver Transit Centre and the transfer of all its operations to Burnaby Transit Centre
- April 2018 - Eastern terminus moved from Edmonds Station to Holdom Station. Portion beyond Holdom Station replaced by the 133 Edmonds Station/Holdom Station
- The Buzzer April 4, 1997 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 25-03-2010
- BC Transit System Routes and Destinations, bctransit.ca, retrieved 17-10-2009
- Backgrounder: Transit Service Reductions, translink.ca, retrieved 17-10-2009
- The Buzzer June 12, 2015 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 4-2-2018
- The Buzzer April 13, 2018 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 22-04-2018