Coast Mountain Bus Company route 130 'Metrotown Station / Kootenay Loop / Phibbs Exchange'
|Operations||Burnaby Transit Centre|
Hamilton Transit Centre*
|Vehicles||NFI XN40 *|
Nova Bus LFS
Nova Bus LFS HEV *
|Branches||130 Metrotown Station|
130 Kootenay Loop
130 Phibbs Exchange***
130 To Pender*
* PM school special trip terminating at Pender Street & Willingdon Avenue
130 Metrotown Station/Kootenay Loop/Phibbs Exchange is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is a north-south route connecting Metrotown Station and Brentwood Station in Burnaby, Kootenay Loop in Vancouver, and Phibbs Exchange in North Vancouver running primarily on Willingdon Avenue. It is a Frequent Transit Network (FTN) route with service 15 minutes or better for 15 hours or more of the day, seven days a week. Most trips run between Metrotown Station and Kootenay Loop, with some trips extending to Phibbs Exchange. On weekends/holidays, a short-turn service runs between Metrotown Station and Pender Street & Willingdon Avenue.
Northbound trips depart from Metrotown Station heading west on Central Boulevard, north on Willingdon Avenue, west on Hastings Street to Kootenay Loop. Continuing from Kootenay Loop, trips continue west on E. Hastings Street, north on Cassiar Connector onto Highway 1 and across the Ironworkers Memorial Second Narrows Bridge taking the Main Street exit and head west on Main Street to Phibbs Exchange.
Southbound trips depart from Phibbs Exchange heading north on bus access road taking Highway 1 heading south across the Ironworkers Memorial Second Narrows Bridge and then the Cassiar Connector, east on E. Hastings Street to Kootenay Loop. Continuing from Kootenay Loop, trips continue east on E. Hastings Street, south on Willingdon Avenue, and east on Central Boulevard to Metrotown Station.
On weekday, most trips terminate at Kootenay Loop with select trips extending to Phibbs Exchange. Trips beginning at Kootenay Loop head south on Kootenay Street, and east on E. Hastings Street and regular route to Metrotown Station.
On weekends/holidays, there are northbound trips that short-turn at Pender Street & Willingdon Avenue. Short-turning trips go via regular route from Metrotown Station to Willingdon Avenue & Pender Street, where trips head west on Pender Street to its terminus at Pender & Willingdon. Return trips continue west on Pender, north on Rosser Avenue, and east on Hastings Street and regular route to Metrotown Station.
When school is in session, one northbound trip starts at Willingdon Avenue & Deer Lake Parkway and short-turns at Pender Street & Willingdon Avenue with no changes in routing.
Points of Interest
- Metropolis at Metrotown
- Metrotown Station (Bay 4)
- Burnaby Public Library
- Crystal Mall
- Moscrop Secondary School
- British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Brentwood Town Centre Station (Bays 1 & 6 – Phibbs Exchange) (Bay 7 – Metrotown Station)
- Brentwood Mall
- Kootenay Loop (Bays 4 & 8 – Metrotown Station) (Bay 6 – Phibbs Exchange)
- Empire Stadium
- Phibbs Exchange (Bay 10)
- July 1961 - Service introduced as 30 Willingdon, a new crosstown service linking Kootenay Loop to Marine Drive in South Burnaby
- October 1984 - Service rebranded from 30 Willingdon to 130 Suncrest/Kootenay Loop
- March 1986 - Southern terminus moved to Metrotown Station, re-routed from Wildwood, Gilpin, and Burke to direct service along Willingdon
- June 1989 - Re-routed from Metrotown station to Central Boulevard (eastbound), Bonsor, Bennett, Nelson to regular route 
- October 1991 - Accessible service introduced on select trips
- September 2001 - Metrotown Station reconstruction: terminus temporarily revised to Patterson Station
- November 2001 - Metrotown Station reopens; service to Patterson Station discontinued
- December 2006 - Route extended during daytime and early evening hours to service Phibbs Exchange; peak hour service extended to Capilano College (now Capilano University); an additional northbound trip is added to depart at 2:00 AM terminating on Hastings at Willingdon
- September 2008 - Route joins the Frequent Transit Network (FTN) 
- April 2009 - Capilano Transit Exchange opens; service along Purcell Way ends 
- September 2009 - Peak service increased to 15 minutes with peak trips departing from Capilano University terminating at Kootenay Loop instead of Phibbs Exchange
- June 2017 - Trips terminating at Pender and Willingdon changed to display 130 To Pender instead of 130 To Hastings
- April 2020 - Peak hour extension to Capilano University discontinued and replaced by the 245 Capilano University/Phibbs Exchange. Pender short-turn trips revised to operate on weekends/holidays only and weekday Pender short-turn trips extended to Kootenay Loop
- September 2020 - COVID-19 service adjustment: Daytime frequency daily adjusted to every 10 minutes from every 6–9 minutes
- The Buzzer July 14, 1961 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 26-01-2017
- The Buzzer October 12, 1984 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 04-01-2017
- The Buzzer February 28, 1986 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 24-09-2015
- The Buzzer June 16, 1989 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 12-01-2017
- The Buzzer August 30, 1991 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 17-01-2017
- The Buzzer September 14, 2001 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 04-05-2020
- The Buzzer November 12, 2001 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 04-05-2020
- The Buzzer December 2006 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 24-10-2009
- Bus service increases in North Burnaby in September, translink.ca, retrieved 24-10-2009
- The Buzzer February 1, 2008 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 26-01-2010
- Transit Service Improvements to Cap U, translink.ca, retrieved 24-10-2009
- Transit Improvement to Cap U, translink.ca, retrieved 24-10-2009
- The Buzzer September 2009 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 24-10-2009
- Spring Transit Service Changes youtube.com, retrieved 05-04-2020