Coast Mountain Bus Company route 130 'Metrotown Station / Kootenay Loop / Phibbs Exchange'
|Operations||Burnaby Transit Centre|
Hamilton Transit Centre (school trip only)
|Vehicles||Nova Bus LFS |
NFI XN40 (school trip only)
Nova Bus LFS HEV (school trip only)
|Branches||130 Metrotown Station|
130 Kootenay Loop
130 Phibbs Exchange (select trips)
130 To Pender*
* Weekend/holiday short-turn service that terminate at Pender Street & Willingdon Avenue, with three trips terminating at Hastings Street & Willingdon Avenue
130 Metrotown Station/Kootenay Loop/Phibbs Exchange is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This north-south service connects Burnaby, Vancouver, and North Vancouver. It is a Frequent Transit Network (FTN) route with service 15 minutes or better for 15 hours or more of the day, seven days a week.
The route departs Phibbs Exchange onto the Second Narrows Bridge via on-ramp taking Highway 1 to Cassiar Street and exiting onto Hastings Street eastbound. From Hastings the route takes Willingdon Avenue south to Central Boulevard and then its terminus at Metrotown Station.
Most weekday trips terminate at Kootenay Loop with select trips extending to Phibbs Exchange.
On weekends and holidays, most northbound trips short-turn at Pender Street & Willingdon Avenue with three trips (one Saturday and two Sunday/holiday) in the afternoon terminating at Hastings Street & Willingdon Avenue.
When school is in session, a school trip in the PM peak serving Moscrop Secondary School and operated by Hamilton Transit Centre leaves Willingdon Avenue & Deer Lake Parkway and short-turns at Pender Street & Willingdon Avenue.
Points of Interest
- Metropolis at Metrotown
- Metrotown Station (Bay 4)
- Burnaby Public Library
- Crystal Mall
- Moscrop Secondary School
- British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Brentwood Town Centre Station (Bays 1 & 6 – Phibbs Exchange) (Bay 7 – Metrotown Station)
- Brentwood Mall
- Kootenay Loop (Bays 4 & 8 – Metrotown Station) (Bay 6 – Phibbs Exchange)
- Empire Stadium
- Phibbs Exchange (Bay 10)
- July 1961 - Service introduced as 30 Willingdon, a new crosstown service linking Kootenay Loop to Marine Drive in South Burnaby
- October 1984 - Service rebranded from 30 Willingdon to 130 Suncrest/Kootenay Loop
- March 1986 - Southern terminus moved to Metrotown Station, re-routed from Wildwood, Gilpin, and Burke to direct service along Willingdon
- June 1989 - Re-routed from Metrotown station to Central Boulevard (eastbound), Bonsor, Bennett, Nelson to regular route 
- October 1991 - Accessible service introduced on select trips
- September 2001 - Metrotown Station reconstruction: terminus temporarily revised to Patterson Station
- November 2001 - Metrotown Station reopens; service to Patterson Station discontinued
- December 2006 - Route extended during daytime and early evening hours to service Phibbs Exchange; peak hour service extended to Capilano College (now Capilano University); an additional northbound trip is added to depart at 2:00 AM terminating on Hastings at Willingdon
- September 2008 - Route joins the Frequent Transit Network (FTN) 
- April 2009 - Capilano Transit Exchange opens; service along Purcell Way ends 
- September 2009 - Peak service increased to 15 minutes with peak trips departing from Capilano University terminating at Kootenay Loop instead of Phibbs Exchange
- June 2017 - Trips terminating at Pender and Willingdon changed to display 130 To Pender instead of 130 To Hastings
- April 2020 - Peak hour extension to Capilano University discontinued and replaced by the 245 Capilano University/Phibbs Exchange. Pender short-turn trips revised to operate on weekends/holidays only and weekday Pender short-turn trips extended to Kootenay Loop
- September 2020 - COVID-19 service adjustment: daytime frequency daily adjusted to every 10 minutes from every 6–9 minutes
- The Buzzer July 14, 1961 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 26-01-2017
- The Buzzer October 12, 1984 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 04-01-2017
- The Buzzer February 28, 1986 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 24-09-2015
- The Buzzer June 16, 1989 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 12-01-2017
- The Buzzer August 30, 1991 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 17-01-2017
- The Buzzer September 14, 2001 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 04-05-2020
- The Buzzer November 12, 2001 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 04-05-2020
- The Buzzer December 2006 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 24-10-2009
- Bus service increases in North Burnaby in September, translink.ca, retrieved 24-10-2009
- The Buzzer February 1, 2008 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 26-01-2010
- Transit Service Improvements to Cap U, translink.ca, retrieved 24-10-2009
- Transit Improvement to Cap U, translink.ca, retrieved 24-10-2009
- The Buzzer September 2009 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 24-10-2009
- Spring Transit Service Changes youtube.com, retrieved 05-04-2020