Coast Mountain Bus Company route 407 'Bridgeport / Gilbert'
|Termini||Knight Street–Marine Drive Terminus|
|Operations||Richmond Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI XD40 |
Nova Bus LFS
407 Bridgeport via Vulcan**
407 Gilbert via Vulcan**
407 Brighouse Station*
* Select midday weekday and alternating weekend/holiday daytime trips terminate at Richmond–Brighouse Station instead of terminating at Knight Street & SE Marine Drive in Vancouver. A School Special running from Cambie Road & Jacombs Road also operates as 407 Brighouse Station
407 Bridgeport/Gilbert is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is a north-south route connecting Knight Street & SE Marine Drive in Vancouver and Steveston in Richmond via Richmond–Brighouse Station, running primarily on Bridgeport Road and Gilbert Road. Service runs daily every 30 minutes, increasing to every 20 minutes during peak hours. Service between Richmond–Brighouse Station and Vancouver runs hourly during midday on weekdays and all day weekends/holidays.
Northbound trips depart Steveston Exchange heading east on Chatham Street, north on 4th Avenue, east on Steveston Highway and then Gilbert Road northbound. It heads east on Westminster Highway then south on No. 3 Road, east on Cook Road, north on Garden City Road, west on Capstan Way, north on No. 3 Road, east on Bridgeport Road, north on Great Canadian Way to Bridgeport Station. Continuing from Bridgeport Station, the route heads south on Great Canadian Way, and east on Bridgeport Road. During peak hours, trips head north on No. 5 Road, west on Vulcan Way, south on Viking Way, and west on Bridgeport Road. Then all trips from Bridgeport Road head north on Knight Street across the Knight Street Bridge to its terminus at Knight & SE Marine Drive.
Southbound trips depart Knight Street & SE Marine Drive heading west on SE Marine Drive, south on Knight Street and across the Knight Street Bridge. During peak hours, trips exit Knight Street and head east on Bridgeport Road, north on Viking Way, west on Vulcan Way, south on No. 5 Road, and west on Bridgeport Road. At all other times, trips exit Knight Street and head west on Bridgeport Road and then all trips continue west on Bridgeport Road and north on Great Canadian Way to Bridgeport Station. Continuing from Bridgeport Station, trips head south on Great Canadian Way, west on Bridgeport Road, south on No. 3 Road, east on Capstan Way, south on Garden City Road, west on Cook Road, north on No. 3 Road, west on Westminster Highway, south on Gilbert Road, west on Steveston Highway, south on 4th Avenue, east on Chatham Street to Steveston Exchange. Some southbound trips take an alternate route in Steveston from Steveston Highway & No. 1 Road, where the route goes south on No. 1, west on Chatham Street to Steveston Exchange.
During peak hours, stops on Bridgeport Road between No. 5 Road and Knight Street are not serviced due to the Vulcan Way peak-hour routing.
The last weekend/holiday trips departing from Knight & Marine terminate at Richmond–Brighouse Station, while select trips (mostly midday trips) departing from Steveston Exchange short-turn at Richmond–Brighouse Station.
A School Special trip in the afternoon starts at Cambie Road at Jacombs Road to service HJ Cambie Secondary School and operates as a 407 Brighouse Station. It goes west along Cambie, north along No. 5 Road, west along Bridgeport Road, north on Great Canadian Way to Bridgeport Station. Continuing from Bridgeport Station, it continues south on Great Canadian Way becoming Garden City Road and continues the regular 407 routing, bypassing Capstan Way.
Points of Interest
- Steveston Exchange (Bay 3)
- Gulf of Georgia Cannery
- Steveston School
- Steveston Harbor
- Minoru Park
- Richmond General Hospital/Richmond Hospital
- Richmond Centre
- Richmond–Brighouse Station (Bay 3 – Gilbert) (Bay 5 – Bridgeport)
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University – Richmond Campus
- Bridgeport Station (Bay 5 – Bridgeport) (Bay 11 – Gilbert)
- River Rock Casion Resort
- Richmond Racquet Club
- IKEA Richmond
- Richmond Night Market
- August 1977 - Service introduced as 407 Gilbert, connecting Richmond Centre and Steveston, extending to Downtown Vancouver during peak hours
- May 1984 - Destination sign simplification: Service renamed form 407 Gilbert to 407 Gilbert/Richmond Exchange/Vancouver
- May 1986 - Re-routed via the Arthur Laing Bridge during peak hours
- April 1991 - Midday trips Monday–Saturday extended to Vancouver; all Vancouver trips revised to take Oak Street Bridge
- December 1991 - Accessible service introduced on select trips
- April 1997 - Morning peak service revised to go via Garden City and Capstan to service Sexsmith Park & Ride
- September 2000 - Operations transferred from Oakridge Transit Centre to Richmond Transit Centre
- August 2001 - Service to Downtown Vancouver discontinued and northern terminus revised to Richmond Centre following the introduction of 98 B-Line service to Richmond; service change deferred from April due to transit strike
- April 2002 - Service extended to Knight Street & SE Marine Drive to replace Bridgeport Road and Knight Street portions of the 402 Two Road/Bridgeport
- Summer 2009 - Ex-New Flyer Industries C40LFs served route before their transfer
- September 2009 - Service revised to go via Great Canadian Way to Bridgeport Station following the completion of the Canada Line
- October 2009 - Bus bays at Richmond–Brighouse Station reorganized; northbound stop relocated from Bay 5
- September 2020 - 407 Brighouse Station school special revised to run with urban buses instead of suburban buses
- The Buzzer August 12, 1977 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 06-01-2017
- The Buzzer May 25, 1984 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 26-04-2020
- The Buzzer April 30, 1986 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 13-11-2017
- The Buzzer April 12, 1991 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 23-04-2020
- The Buzzer August 30, 1991 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 17-01-2017
- The Buzzer April 4, 1997 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 03-05-2020
- The Buzzer March 30, 2001 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 04-05-2020
- The Buzzer August 8, 2001 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 04-05-2020
- The Buzzer October 2, 2009 Edition, translink.ca, retrieved 02-10-09