Coast Mountain Bus Company route 407 'Bridgeport / Gilbert'
|Termini||Knight Street–Marine Drive Terminus|
|Operations||Richmond Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI XD40 |
Nova Bus LFS
407 Bridgeport via Vulcan**
407 Gilbert via Vulcan**
407 Brighouse Station*
* Select midday weekday and alternating weekend/holiday daytime trips terminate at Richmond–Brighouse Station instead of terminating at Knight Street & SE Marine Drive in Vancouver. A School Special running from Cambie Road & Jacombs Road also operates as 407 Brighouse Station
407 Bridgeport/Gilbert is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is a north-south route running in Richmond connecting Steveston and Richmond–Brighouse Station via Gilbert Road and Vancouver via Bridgeport Road and the Knight Street Bridge. Service is available daily every 30 minutes, increasing to every 20 minutes during peak hours. Service between Brighouse Station and Vancouver runs hourly during midday on weekdays and all day weekends/holidays.
Northbound trips begin at Steveston Exchange heading east on Chatham Street, north on 4th Avenue, east on Steveston Highway and then Gilbert Road northbound. It heads east on Westminster Highway then south on No. 3 Road, east on Cook Road, north on Garden City Road, west on Capstan Way, north on No. 3 Road, east on Bridgeport Road, north on Great Canadian Way to Bridgeport Station. Continuing from Bridgeport Station, the route heads south on Great Canadian Way, east on Bridgeport Road, north on Knight Street across the Knight Street Bridge to its terminus at Knight & SE Marine Drive.
Southbound trips begin at its terminus at Knight Street & SE Marine Drive heading west on SE Marine, south on Knight Street across the Knight Street Bridge, west on Bridgeport Road, north on Great Canadian Way, to Bridgeport Station. Continuing from Bridgeport Station, the route heads south on Great Canadian Way, west on Bridgeport Road, south on No. 3 Road, east on Capstan Way, south on Garden City Road, west on Cook Road, north on No. 3 Road, west on Westminster Highway, south on Gilbert Road, west on Steveston Highway, south on 4th Avenue, east on Chatham Street to Steveston Exchange. Some southbound trips take an alternate route in Steveston from Steveston Highway & No. 1 Road, where the route goes south on No. 1, west on Chatham Street to Steveston Exchange.
During peak hours, trips in both directions go via Vulcan Way. Northbound trips turn off Bridgeport Road and onto No. 5 Road northbound, west on Vulcan Way, south on Viking Way, west on Bridgeport Road, and north on Knight Street where it continues the regular routing. Southbound trips exit Knight Street and head east on Bridgeport Road, north on Viking Way, west on Vulcan Way, south on No. 5 Road, and west on Bridgeport Road where it continues its regular routing. Stops on Bridgeport Road between No. 5 Road and Knight Street are omitted.
The last weekend/holiday trips departing from Knight & Marine terminate at Brighouse Station, while select trips (mostly midday trips) departing from Chatham at 2nd Avenue short turn at Brighouse Station.
A School Special trip in the afternoon starts at Cambie Road at Jacombs Road to service HJ Cambie Secondary School and operates as a 407 Brighouse Station. It goes west along Cambie, north along No. 5 Road, west along Bridgeport Road, north on Great Canadian Way to Bridgeport Station. Continuing from Bridgeport Station, it continues south on Great Canadian Way becoming Garden City Road and continues the regular 407 routing, bypassing Capstan Way.
Points of Interest
- Steveston Exchange (Bay 3)
- Gulf of Georgia Cannery
- Steveston School
- Steveston Harbor
- Minoru Park
- Richmond General Hospital/Richmond Hospital
- Richmond Centre
- Richmond–Brighouse Station (Bay 3 – Gilbert) (Bay 5 – Bridgeport)
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University – Richmond Campus
- Bridgeport Station (Bay 5 – Bridgeport) (Bay 11 – Gilbert)
- River Rock Casion Resort
- Richmond Racquet Club
- IKEA Richmond
- Richmond Night Market
- August 1977 - Service introduced as 407 Gilbert, connecting Richmond Centre and Steveston 
- May 1984 - Destination sign simplification: service renamed form 407 Gilbert to 407 Gilbert/Richmond Exchange/Vancouver
- May 1986 - Re-routed via the Arthur Laing Bridge during peak hours 
- April 1991 - Midday trips Monday–Saturday extended to Vancouver; all Vancouver trips revised to take Oak Street Bridge
- December 1991 - Accessible service introduced on select trips
- April 1997 - Morning peak service revised to go via Garden City and Capstan to service Sexsmith Park & Ride
- September 2000 - Operations transferred from Oakridge Transit Centre to Richmond Transit Centre
- August 2001 - Service shorten to Richmond Centre when 98 Burrard Station/Richmond Centre (B-Line) extended to Richmond; service change deferred from April due to transit strike
- April 2002 - Extended along Bridgeport, replacing the Bridgeport to Richmond Exchange portion of the 402 Two Road/Bridgeport
- Summer 2009 - Ex-New Flyer Industries C40LFs served route before their transfer
- September 2009 - Service to Bridgeport Station by Great Canadian Way begins
- October 2009 - Bus bays at Richmond–Brighouse Station reorganized; northbound stop relocated from Bay 5
- September 2020 - 407 Brighouse Station school special revised to run with urban buses instead of suburban buses
- The Buzzer August 12, 1977 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 06-01-2017
- The Buzzer May 25, 1984 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 26-04-2020
- The Buzzer April 30, 1986 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 13-11-2017
- The Buzzer April 12, 1991 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 23-04-2020
- The Buzzer August 30, 1991 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 17-01-2017
- The Buzzer April 4, 1997 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 03-05-2020
- The Buzzer March 30, 2001 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 04-05-2020
- The Buzzer August 8, 2001 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 04-05-2020
- The Buzzer October 2009 Edition, translink.ca, retrieved 02-10-09