Coast Mountain Bus Company route 407 'Bridgeport / Gilbert'
|Termini||Knight Street–Marine Drive Terminus|
Chatham Street at 3rd Avenue*
|Operations||Richmond Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI XD40 |
Nova Bus LFS
Nova Bus LFS Suburban
(PM School Special trip only)
Orion V (PM School Special trip only)
407 Brighouse Station (select trips)
407 Bridgeport via Vulcan (peak hours only)
407 Gilbert via Vulcan (peak hours only)
* select trips terminate at Chatham Street at 2nd Avenue.
407 Bridgeport/Gilbert is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
The route begins at Chatham Street at 2nd Avenue northbound, takes Steveston Highway eastbound and then Gilbert Road northbound. It heads east on Gilbert at Westminster Highway then south on Three Road to turn onto Saba Road and Richmond–Brighouse Station. Using Buswell and Cook it travels to Garden City Road northbound, Capstan Way westwards, Three Road northbound, Bridgeport Road to access Great Canadian Way and Bridgeport Station. The route does not terminate at Bridgeport Station. It makes its way back onto Bridgeport eastbound using the on-ramp loop to access Knight Street Bridge and terminate under the opposite end of the bridge at Marine at Knight.
Southbound trips use Garden City, Cook and then No. 3 Road to access Richmond–Brighouse Station and then continue towards Gilbert. Certain morning and afternoon trips exit Knight Street Bridge and use Bridgeport eastbound to take Viking Way, Vulcan Way and then Five Road before returning to Bridgeport Road westbound.
Select southbound trips on Fridays and Saturday evenings exit Knight Street Bridge by Bridgeport eastbound taking Viking, Vulcan, Six Road and then Bridgeport westbound.
The last weekend/holiday trips departing from Knight & Marine terminate at Brighouse Station, while select trips (mostly midday trips) departing from Chatham at 2nd Avenue short turn at Brighouse Station.
A School Special trip in the afternoon starts at Cambie Road at Jacombs Road to service HJ Cambie Secondary School. Service is usually provided by a Nova Bus LFS Suburban or Orion V coach and operates as a 407 Brighouse Station and goes west along Cambie, north along No.5 Road, west along Bridgeport, and continues along the regular 407 routing.
Points of Interest
- Gulf of Georgia Cannery
- Steveston School
- Steveston Harbor
- Minoru Park
- Richmond General Hospital/Richmond Hospital
- Richmond Centre
- Richmond–Brighouse Station (Bay 3 – Gilbert) (Bay 5 – Bridgeport)
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University – Richmond Campus
- Bridgeport Station (Bay 5 – Bridgeport) (Bay 11 – Gilbert)
- River Rock Casion Resort
- Richmond Racquet Club
- IKEA Richmond
- Richmond Night Market
- August 1977 - Service introduced as 407 Gilbert, connecting Richmond Centre and Steveston 
- May 1984 - Destination sign simplification: service renamed form 407 Gilbert to 407 Gilbert/Richmond Exchange/Vancouver
- May 1986 - Re-routed via the Arthur Laing Bridge during peak hours 
- April 1991 - Midday trips Monday–Saturday extended to Vancouver; all Vancouver trips revised to take Oak Street Bridge
- December 1991 - Accessible service introduced on select trips
- April 1997 - Morning peak service revised to go via Garden City and Capstan to service Sexsmith Park & Ride
- September 2000 - Operations transferred from Oakridge Transit Centre to Richmond Transit Centre
- August 2001 - Service shorten to Richmond Centre when 98 Burrard Station/Richmond Centre (B-Line) extended to Richmond; service change deferred from April due to transit strike
- April 2002 - Extended along Bridgeport, replacing the Bridgeport to Richmond Exchange portion of the 402 Two Road/Bridgeport
- Summer 2009 - Ex-New Flyer Industries C40LFs served route before their transfer
- September 2009 - Service to Bridgeport Station by Great Canadian Way begins
- October 2009 - Bus bays at Richmond–Brighouse Station reorganized; northbound stop relocated from Bay 5
- The Buzzer August 12, 1977 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 06-01-2017
- The Buzzer May 25, 1984 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 26-04-2020
- The Buzzer April 30, 1986 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 13-11-2017
- The Buzzer April 12, 1991 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 23-04-2020
- The Buzzer August 30, 1991 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 17-01-2017
- The Buzzer April 4, 1997 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 03-05-2020
- The Buzzer March 30, 2001 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 04-05-2020
- The Buzzer August 8, 2001 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 04-05-2020
- The Buzzer October 2009 Edition, translink.ca, retrieved 02-10-09