Future TTC Bus Orders

FlyerD901

5 minutes ago, SpadinaAve2134 said:

New Flyer completed MiWays order during 2020-21 with no issue which I know and ontime.

Maybe they still had a supply of all the necessary parts, or had the parts committed in their parts chain.

It's like what happened to Ford, in the early day of the pandemic they shut down production and thought the demand would be low, and cancelled a bunch of orders for their computers (i'm generalizing) and when they wanted to restart the production because the demand was very high, they already lost their place in line so to speak.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2021 at 10:04 AM, drum118 said:

This is old news, the LFSe+ was released last year, it's just that this site reposted it that late. TransLink CMBC ordered 15 of these late last year for delivery next year.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Rowan P said:

Does anyone know if the TTC is still ordering articulated buses. I heard the order was supposed to be specified in Q3 2021 but nothing has happened so what’s going on

The tender is to he awarded for both at the end of the year.

• Thanks 1

The electric bus order will have 2 suppliers and 1 is NFI (not written in stone but we all know that from the initial electric bus test report). So it doesn't matter if Nova wins the hybrid order; TTC will get a massive order from NFI regardless.

Don't forget one key factor in previous bus orders was the TTC kept on complaining about NFI not revealing their parts supplier hence they kept going with Nova.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, PrimeTio said:

Is there an update in who got awarded?

The report would pop up at a board meeting in which the board has to vote to purchase the buses or not. The first meeting this year isn't till Feb 10. If it doesn't show up then, you'll have to wait till close to April 14 or May 19. Let's hope it'll appear in February. Meanwhile you can go back to sleep this month.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Young said:

I guess TTC didn’t pick the manufacture for the hybrid buses this board period cause I haven’t seen anything about it unless they did it and didn’t make it public like they’ve done in past times

You realized that board meetings which are held by the governing body of the TTC is different from board periods which are TTC operator work schedules.

There was no recommendation from TTC staff to the board members to vote for, thus it's not ready for the public yet. The next meeting is in April.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

You realized that board meetings which are held by the governing body of the TTC is different from board periods which are TTC operator work schedules.

There was no recommendation from TTC staff to the board members to vote for, thus it's not ready for the public yet. The next meeting is in April.

I made a mistake I meant board meeting