Miscellaneous TTC Discussion & Questions

Orion V

Interesting buses got cancelled too, I wonder if that will happen again. I can see buses continuing, but there’s purely not enough vehicles to cover all the streetcar and subway routes, even with express cancelled. 

2 hours ago, TTC Guy said:

Interesting buses got cancelled too, I wonder if that will happen again. I can see buses continuing, but there’s purely not enough vehicles to cover all the streetcar and subway routes, even with express cancelled. 

Some info about the last strike, the 2008 strike

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Toronto_Transit_Commission_strike

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/ttc-workers-on-strike/article_b8cd8ab4-ff6b-56b1-a405-abefb839a797.html

Those buses could have finished the day but instead they chose to cut all service to avoid confrontation with the public. That 2008 strike was also illegal which lead to the essential service mandate which kept the city running till now. If they do go on a full strike, the question should TTC be allowed to strike will be bought back on the table. The strike ended cause the province legislated them back to work.

There was also a strike in 2006.

• Thanks 3

What was the first ttc orion Vii (EGR) to enter service and what route was it on?

Alsowhat was the first ng hybrid to enter service and what route?

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, Toro said:

What was the first ttc orion Vii (EGR) to enter service and what route was it on?

Alsowhat was the first ng hybrid to enter service and what route?

Bus number #1203, out of Malvern garage, entered service on route 53B STEELES EAST on November 14, 2007. CPTDB alumnus @NSX spotted the vehicle that morning.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Kumiko Oumae said:

Bus number #1203, out of Malvern garage, entered service on route 53B STEELES EAST on November 16, 2007. CPTDB alumnus @NSX spotted the vehicle that morning.

November 14: 

• Like 1

While I was on Line 1, I noticed that the voice announcer for the delay on Line 2 suddenly went from a male to a female that voices for GO transit. Now it’s not that some stations have the GO chime, but they now got the lady to voice delays too. 😂

1 hour ago, MCIBUS said:

Is it possible to post the GO Chime. Live in Ottawa and have not heard the GO Chime?

A 10 second search on YouTube yielded this result. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

Is it possible to post the GO Chime. Live in Ottawa and have not heard the GO Chime?

2 hours ago, Byfold said:

A 10 second search on YouTube yielded this result. 

I actually think this is what's being referred to:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CJ. said:

It’s very evident that the NOT IN SERVICE codes temporarily got replaced by ATU 113

They really shouldn’t politicalize this. If they don’t want to display non-informative things such as cheering on sports teams and holiday celebration, this should be excluded.

I had a chance to get out and see what repairs they were doing on the Queen bridge last Friday. It must have been close to wrapping because I only saw an overhead truck doing work. Sad to say it was the same typical dumb City/TTC things happening again.

1. They closed off the middle lanes and had a diversion route and shuttles running for a whole week and all they did was fix up the joint at the east end of the bridge. They didn't fix anything else like the crumbling track bed causing the slow order across the intersection. Surprise! NOT
  2. The green turn arrows they hastily installed along Broadview at Dundas and Queen for the 501 diversion route last year were covered up with black tarp and not being used at all. Surprise again! NOT

Side note I noticed the 83 bus was also on a detour for nearly all of Friday. I couldn't find any notices or warnings for it on the TTC web site under advisories, alerts, or construction notices. Anybody surprised?

2 hours ago, CJ. said:

It’s very evident that the NOT IN SERVICE codes temporarily got replaced by ATU 113

Everyone who supports the Union should force the doors open and get on to show their support for operators! :)

20 minutes ago, nfitz said:

Everyone who supports the Union should force the doors open and get on to show their support for operators!

More reasons for them to go on strike.

If you did that, I would punch you in self defence. Let the chips fall where they may. 

1 hour ago, CJ. said:

I heard it was a different code. No way TTC will allow not in servcie to be replaced by ATU 113

1 hour ago, Xtrazsteve said:

They really shouldn’t politicalize this. If they don’t want to display non-informative things such as cheering on sports teams and holiday celebration, this should be excluded.

It's a stretch admittedly, but TTC vehicles already have atu 113 decals on them.

And to TTCs credit , they have displayed sports team again. And other displays. 

55 minutes ago, FlyerD901 said:

More reasons for them to go on strike.

If you did that, I would punch you in self defence. Let the chips fall where they may. 

You'd punch people for supporting the union and operators?

I don't see how threats of violence because I believe in the union and you don't are necessary.

2 hours ago, CJ. said:

It's not replaced, operators are choosing to use this sign instead of "Not In Service" when they are deadheading or laying over.

2 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

At other transit systems in the GTA, those types of signs are programmed as P/R codes, allowing operators to display them along side the route info. The TTC however programmed most of their P/R messages as route codes preventing operators from displaying them along side the route info.

46 minutes ago, CJ. said:

A lot of the buses, instead of auto changing to NOT IN SERVICE, it’s going to change to ATU113. It’s literally setup that way. The codes are obviously not deleted, but they changed it to auto set to that 

The ATU 113 display has to be manually entered by operators.  I would avoid displaying the code for the fear of disciplinary actions.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2024 at 3:50 PM, pccstreetcar4549 said:

Just lower bay as far I could see 

looks like it.  if you really want to see lower bay this year, you better go to the doors open event.  i heard they may do another haunted lower bay this year given they didn't have enough volunteers to clean up the station afterwards.