Miscellaneous TTC Discussion & Questions

Orion V

1 hour ago, Ed T. said:

What is/are the current island bus/buses?

I wonder if there should be a thread in sightings or here for this. The question comes up regularly enough.

I went to the island last Sunday and I only saw that old Calgary bus. Wonder if the shuttle service is still running on the island now. 

17 hours ago, D4-N173 said:

I went to the island last Sunday and I only saw that old Calgary bus. Wonder if the shuttle service is still running on the island now. 

Good question and hopefully someone has the answer. Last I heard one or more 7900s were on the island, but now, who knows?

19 hours ago, Ed T. said:

Good question and hopefully someone has the answer. Last I heard one or more 7900s were on the island, but now, who knows?

7913 & 7952 as well as 8061 were assigned to the Island in February. Not sure where they're at.

32 minutes ago, Toro said:

Are there any transit systems that have begun retiring their xcelsiors?

Yes there are a few:

-San Diego MTS has retired most of their 2013 XN60s, however most of them have been sold to either Santa Cruz metro, or LA charters.

-Lethbridge Transit has retired their 2011 XDE40s.

-MARTA atlanta has retired their 2 2011 XDE35s

-PVTA has retired their 2011 XD35s

Also, for next time, questions like this would be better to be posted in the all vehicles section.

• Thanks 1

Question for all, where is the typical layover spot for 54D runs at Lawrence and Don Mills?

I've noticed through online tracking that like it's eastern terminus, Collinsgrove/Lawrence, there are no scheduled stops off the Lawrence portion of the route. Kingston/Morningside being the exception, as it's considered drop-off only.

Would it be in the Commission's interest to have scheduled stops on The Donway, along with one at the rear plaza entrance on Collinsgrove? I've witnessed many customers attempt to board these 54D's, only to be turned away.

1 hour ago, Elijah bey said:

Are the 8000's the only fleet to not have the full driver barrier plexiglass. And why don't they have it.

They are being retired. No point on installing them just to uninstall them in after a few days.

• Thanks 1