Streetcar News

CLRV4037

2 hours ago, Tom1122 said:

Assuming the TTC does keep a CLRV and an ALRV, will they keep their present seat cushions or will they get their original vinyl seat cushions?

Let's worry about getting the units saved before we start worrying about the type and colour of the seat cushions. They won't matter a lick if none get saved, right?

Dan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

10 hours ago, WoodbineSecondExit said:

As of 5:23pm 4460 is at 43.672798 -79.319832 (Gerrard just west of Coxwell) tracking as a 506.

Which it often does when they are testing. For some reason they always seem to test the login to a route on 506.

It's running back and forth along Queens Quay and Fleet right now while 4461 sits inside Leslie Barn.

5 hours ago, Allandale25 said:

Maybe this is 4461? This picture was apparently taken on Tuesday, January 9th in Agincourt. If you look in the background you can see a Flexity. Too far to tell the number.

If the picture was indeed taken on Jan. 9, it can't be 4461. That car was off-loaded at Hillcrest the previous Friday (the 5th) - see the deliveries thread.

It must be 4462 or whatever the next car to be shipped happens to be. Does anyone know if any were delivered to Hillcrest so far this week?

• Like 1

On 2018-01-11 at 5:05 PM, ttc rider said:

If the picture was indeed taken on Jan. 9, it can't be 4461. That car was off-loaded at Hillcrest the previous Friday (the 5th) - see the deliveries thread.

It must be 4462 or whatever the next car to be shipped happens to be. Does anyone know if any were delivered to Hillcrest so far this week?

4462 was offloaded and arrived at Leslie Barns Thursday. 

It's official, next board the 505 and 506 will be 100% buses. The 503 and 511 will be reverting to streetcar operation. If I read the guides correctly, it seems as though the 503 will run from the beginning of the am rush until the end of the pm rush instead of solely during both rush periods as it does now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, TTCOpITM said:

It's official, next board the 505 and 506 will be 100% buses. The 503 and 511 will be reverting to streetcar operation. If I read the guides correctly, it seems as though the 503 will run from the beginning of the am rush until the end of the pm rush instead of solely during both rush periods as it does now.

Yes, I've been hearing about this too. Birchmount will be one of the divisions running 505 and 506.

6 hours ago, TTCOpITM said:

There needs to be an option for more than one emotion on here : P Seeing the 503 turn into something relatively useful is excellent news, but losing both the 505 and 506? That's rough for about 70,000 commutes. 

8 hours ago, TTCOpITM said:

Given the King Street Pilot it makes a lot of sense - hope the extra service time is publicised on the Kingston Road end. I assume it will follow the old Church-York-Wellington routing though? I'd rather see it make the most of the pilot and go out to Charlotte Loop...

edit: Steve Munro says Wellington is not yet available

8 hours ago, TTCOpITM said:

Thanks for the info, much appreciated! How about the 501? Is there any indication that service west of Roncesvalles will resume?

21 minutes ago, ttc rider said:

Thanks for the info, much appreciated! How about the 501? Is there any indication that service west of Roncesvalles will resume?

Not even close to happening. Humber Loop still needs some pretty extensive work (although what the scope of the work is i'm unsure of). Additionally rails still need to be replaced in the Gardiner tunnel, and west of St.Josephs Hospital as the old tracks still havent been removed.

Then add to the fact that there are some apparent water table issues around Grenadier Pond which is impacting the project, and the end result will most be buses being used for longer then expected.

10 hours ago, TTCOpITM said:

Hooray for the 511. Just in time for the announced full-time Flexity development. I can see that happening once the 512 is complete.

What about the 505 though? Probably till the third or fourth quarter once more cars get here.

5 hours ago, Ed T. said:

Coldish weather again today (-12º at the airport).

No ALRVs out.

A pile of CLRVs running, including on 501.

I guess the ALRVs are just fair-weather cars.

Wasn't one of the TTC excuses being leaky systems on the articulated cars but looks like it was left in unmodified state despite a refurbishment? It's going to be a long 6-7 years if extreme -10 cold grounds the entire fleet.

7 hours ago, dowlingm said:

Given the King Street Pilot it makes a lot of sense - hope the extra service time is publicised on the Kingston Road end. I assume it will follow the old Church-York-Wellington routing though? I'd rather see it make the most of the pilot and go out to Charlotte Loop...

edit: Steve Munro says Wellington is not yet available

From what I remember, the guides indicate that the schedule is set for York Street as the terminus. Maybe Wellington is supposed to be ready by the beginning of next board.

• Like 1

-7º and 17 ALRVs are out plying Queen Street.

It's not clear if it's now warm enough for them to run, or whether they were simply not sent out on the weekend. I would expect crazy crowding if CLRVs were sent out on ALRV headways. Haven't gone for a ride on a weekend to find out.

Can't see 501 streetcars returning to Humber Loop or Long Branch until at least April or May at this time.

No idea what was to be done at Long Branch loop, but other than rebuilding the waiting area and new roof shingles, saw nothing at all. 4 buses parked waiting to go into service with one departing when I left.

All the overhead is 100% rebuilt up to Park Lawn.

Bike lanes with bump out transit stops has been built on the south side east of McD and not sure where it has stop that will see more work in the spring going east. High curb with large gaps between them have been built to keep traffic off the bikes lanes, but cars can get in these gaps areas easy.

Most of the Lake Shore is complete for the new tracks east of Park Lawn as well allowing traffic to go west of the underpass, but concrete is not pour for the rails west of the underpass for a block and no rails in the underpass.

All of the Queensway ROW is 100% done, with bracket support added to the support poles east of Windermere, but missing overhead as well power line. Poles and brackets are missing west of Windermere Ave to Humber Loop. Construction barriers on the Humber Bridge were being remove with only the eastbound ones to be remove. The last westbound barrier was being removed when I drove by.

The new substation is in place and being wired.

The power line tower in the loop area going east has been removed.

Looks like there is going to be a loop to loop where the old eastbound was or another bypass track going east, but not finish. They were working on the track going into the underpass, with a lot of missing tracks for the whole loop.

This video will show what has been done so far as of Jan 15

• Like 1