TTC Electric Buses

3 hours ago, splendidwizardplayer said:

3709 NIS heading to Kipling station

The current XE40 batch (3700-3707, 3709) is here long enough and doesn't deserve sightings to be posted here anymore. I don't think 3708 has entered service yet.

You sure 3709 went to Kipling Station? It is on the school run that heads down Kipling and would turn west to Princess Margaret and start service on the 46 to Steeles. Then deadhead to Signal Hill and start service eastbound on the 60D.

4 hours ago, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

3725 is now trackable.

The tracker isn’t working properly, I just went by and all the Proterras are inside while 3725 is still tracking outside. There is also a new, unknown Proterra delivered I saw 4 buses there. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

On 9/5/2019 at 10:55 AM, MK78 said:

I hope they don't arrive at all. Stick with North American buses.

Found in Indianapolis On Aug 8 running in service. As Sept, these 60' buses are running on the Red Line BRT that went into service then. More buses on order for the next 2 BRT lines to come on line in the next few years. Route 8 runs one end of the city to the airport in the other end. They use red paint for the BRT lanes. These are NA buses built in California where TTC buses are being built.

48645895251_34b8435666_b.jpg48646069542_b6b09a3a6c_b.jpg48645930846_d830857136_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, drum118 said:

Found in Indianapolis On Aug 8 running in service. As Sept, these 60' buses are running on the Red Line BRT that went into service then. More buses on order for the next 2 BRT lines to come on line in the next few years. Route 8 runs one end of the city to the airport in the other end. They use red paint for the BRT lanes. These are NA buses built in California where TTC buses are being built.

48645895251_34b8435666_b.jpg48646069542_b6b09a3a6c_b.jpg48645930846_d830857136_b.jpg

Even though they build these in California these buses are still junk. 

1 hour ago, AnalogPentium said:

Let's not get hasty here. There's a potential for them to actually perform well.

...unless I'm missing something here aside from the fact a Chinese company built them and the non-standard chargers.

The BYDs might have a potential to perform well in terms of mileage. Ikarus built great buses that lasted for decades in Europe but they weren't well suited for Canadian roads. They might be very functional in southern China like all the ones in roaming in Shenzhen. There is a probability the frame will end up with the same fate here. I was specifically pointing to those artics but who knows, Cali doesn't snow like us.

8 hours ago, AnalogPentium said:

Let's not get hasty here. There's a potential for them to actually perform well.

...unless I'm missing something here aside from the fact a Chinese company built them and the non-standard chargers.

https://www.abqjournal.com/1322358/city-settles-lawsuit-against-art-bus-manufacturer.html

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-electric-buses-20180520-story.html

Perhaps the allegations are unfounded, but I don’t see the other two manufacturers getting their asses dragged into court semi regularly.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

The BYDs might have a potential to perform well in terms of mileage. Ikarus built great buses that lasted for decades in Europe but they weren't well suited for Canadian roads. They might be very functional in southern China like all the ones in roaming in Shenzhen. There is a probability the frame will end up with the same fate here. I was specifically pointing to those artics but who knows, Cali doesn't snow like us.

Ah okay. I kinda forgot about the issues with the Ikaruses. My bad.

1 hour ago, Bus_Medic said:

https://www.abqjournal.com/1322358/city-settles-lawsuit-against-art-bus-manufacturer.html

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-electric-buses-20180520-story.html

Perhaps the allegations are unfounded, but I don’t see the other two manufacturers getting their asses dragged into court semi regularly.

Okay, I had zero idea about that. Thanks for filling me in.

1 hour ago, Bus_Medic said:

No surprise there... Chinese companies skimp everywhere and anywhere they can. Just a part of their DNA.

12 hours ago, MK78 said:

No surprise there... Chinese companies skimp everywhere and anywhere they can. Just a part of their DNA.

It's not right to point at a single race and deem them all the same. I could pretty much say the same about Bombardier, Canadian companies with everything being so useless and can't even deliver anything of quality. Just as trash as BYD and it's part of our DNA.

Now how does everyone on this board feel? Stop being racist.

• Thanks 3

14 hours ago, MK78 said:

Gee!!!.......You better look in the mirror to have a look at yourself to see what DNA you have and then look at companies from around the world to backup your claim, as it not true. You only have to look at BBD who has being doing it for a long time and TTC paying the price for it.

I know a number of companies both Canadian and from outside of Canada do what you claim, since I dealt with them first hand. Must have a bad taste for non Canadian companies, considering a fair number of companies are own and run by born Chinese in the first place as well many other nationals born in Canada.