Welcome to the updated CPTDB!

If you prefer an older theme, you can change it back by scrolling to the very bottom and clicking on "Theme" on the bottom right. However, you can also change the background color/image by clicking on the "photo icon" in the black bar with your username at the top of the page.

Click the X on the top right of this box to dismiss this message.

Not sure where the appropriate thread to discuss this is but I've been wondering something for the past little while and am hoping someone can answer this.

I noticed in the past 2 service summaries that the New Flyer and BYD buses are listed in the fleet page for "future delivery" but Proterra doesn't appear anywhere on it despite an order being confirmed. Would anyone here happen to know why this is?

1 hour ago, TechnicaProductions said:

Not sure where the appropriate thread to discuss this is but I've been wondering something for the past little while and am hoping someone can answer this.

I noticed in the past 2 service summaries that the New Flyer and BYD buses are listed in the fleet page for "future delivery" but Proterra doesn't appear anywhere on it despite an order being confirmed. Would anyone here happen to know why this is?

Electric Buses (60 eBuses)
As of August 16th, 2018, we now have confirmed delivery dates for both New Flyer and BYD buses. Both will begin delivery in Q1 2019. New Flyer will complete delivery
of the first 10 buses by end of March 2019, and BYD will complete delivery of its first 10 buses by end of April 2019. Negotiations with Proterra continue and are expected to be concluded by the end of September 2018. Weekly meetings with all three bus OEMs are ongoing to monitor and progress the works on the vehicle stream of this project.

• Thanks 1

What ever happened to the 3 electric buses that were here a few months ago? One from each of the three company. Were they sent on to demo with another company?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Orion V said:

What ever happened to the 3 electric buses that were here a few months ago? One from each of the three company. Were they sent on to demo with another company?

Yes.

• Like 1

There is talk that an electric bus arrived at Mt Dennis a few days ago.  I saw a pic of it .   You guys need to get down there if you want to see it.

It says 'Proterra Catalyst' from what i saw on the pic. 

4 minutes ago, 0=0 said:

There is talk that an electric bus arrived at Mt Dennis a few days ago.  I saw a pic of it .   You guys need to get down there if you want to see it

Could you possibly relay that picture here?

1 minute ago, TechnicaProductions said:

This bus won't enter service, it's just a demo for the TTC to look at. We won't get to ride the Proterras until at least July of 2019

Ohh

On 11/20/2018 at 10:07 AM, Sutharsan said:

Are the TTC getting those of the current order in the between 2018-2022?

The next articulated bus order I believe is hybrid, not electric yet.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, transportationtoronto said:

Actually it’s kinda old news. The total for the study was increased to 60 quite some time ago, so it follows that flyer’s share would increase to 20, as it will for the other two participants.

Someone else posted the tl;dr version in the sightings sub forum.

sorry to be a Debbie downer.

1 minute ago, Bus_Medic said:

Actually it’s kinda old news. The total for the study was increased to 60 quite some time ago, so it follows that flyer’s share would increase to 20, as it will for the other two participants.

Was it? My bad then.