Feature Photo Submissions

Brampton züm 1150 is seen passing through the intersection of Kennedy Road & Williams Parkway while servicing route 7A Kennedy northbound to Heart Lake Terminal. This is a rather rare sight as recently Brampton Transit has been experiencing a fleet shortage as their current bus numbers are not entirely able to keep up with the growing transit demand and schedule changes resulting in occurrences like this.

To date the rarest occurrence like this was Brampton züm 1070 on route 18 Dixie (züm 1070 is based out of Sandalwood Garage while route 18 is based out of Clark Garage) in October 2018.

DSC00942.JPG

• Like 3

I may pick up some flak for this, but since @M. Parsons is talking about photos and quality, I want to add that perhaps not every submission here has to be that basic front or rear quarter shot. I understand it gives the audience a good view of the subject in the photo, but if we look through these pages, 90% or more of the time, it’s that same shot. Injecting some diversity into the style of photography in here is something that wouldn’t go amiss, and I know for certain that some on here have experimented with that despite not posting here. A profile shot, panning, a picture of a front side in a cool setting, anything. This is just a light suggestion that’s all, I’m not calling anyone out. And judging by the material that is posted here anyways, I’m sure experimentation can’t hurt. It’s a win-win because you could easily be picked because it’s something refreshing and new, or you could get some constructive criticism like above. 

If you don’t know what I mean, check out the first few pages of this thread. Some of the submissions were pretty cool!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Doppelkupplung said:

I may pick up some flak for this, but since @M. Parsons is talking about photos and quality, I want to add that perhaps not every submission here has to be that basic front or rear quarter shot. I understand it gives the audience a good view of the subject in the photo, but if we look through these pages, 90% or more of the time, it’s that same shot. Injecting some diversity into the style of photography in here is something that wouldn’t go amiss, and I know for certain that some on here have experimented with that despite not posting here. A profile shot, panning, a picture of a front side in a cool setting, anything. This is just a light suggestion that’s all, I’m not calling anyone out. And judging by the material that is posted here anyways, I’m sure experimentation can’t hurt. It’s a win-win because you could easily be picked because it’s something refreshing and new, or you could get some constructive criticism like above. 

If you don’t know what I mean, check out the first few pages of this thread. Some of the submissions were pretty cool!

I couldn't agree more, there is a lot more besides the 3/4 door side shot. And if you think this thread is bad for that, look to the fire apparatus gang. Holy. Crap. 3/4 angle, 50 mm lens, perfect sun, tires straight, no foreign objects inside the cab of the rig, windows closed etc.

While there's a significant place for the 3/4 roster shot, and I'll always to be trying to snag those, there's certainly something to be said for getting creative. Sometimes that's not someones "thing".

Personally, I love playing with wide angle and telephoto. I'll also look to see what I can do with the sun at sunrise or sunset, with electric traction being limited to LRT these days in Edmonton, I always like to see what I can do with catenary and pans at those time of days. A silhouette of a diesel is just boring.

Some from earlier this year:

ETS Trains SD's into the sun

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Greyhound Canada 1317 a 2000 MCI 102-DL3 (Ex-Hotard Coaches H-150) on the Toronto to Kitchener run. This is one of the last two 102-DL3 models left in the Canadian fleet in the older livery after the massive changes to its service. Photo taken May 5th, 2019.

2019-05-08_12-17-35.jpg

• Like 3

On 5/11/2019 at 12:44 PM, Michael Marriott said:

The Amtrak Cascades is seen about to cross Braid St in New Westminster.

May 2019-3 025.JPG

Ebus 5726 is seen boarding passengers outside Pacific Central Station in Vancouver.

May_2019-1_033.JPG

Beautiful photo with a great backround.

• Like 2

On 5/7/2019 at 9:48 PM, M. Parsons said:

I couldn't agree more, there is a lot more besides the 3/4 door side shot. And if you think this thread is bad for that, look to the fire apparatus gang. Holy. Crap. 3/4 angle, 50 mm lens, perfect sun, tires straight, no foreign objects inside the cab of the rig, windows closed etc.

While there's a significant place for the 3/4 roster shot, and I'll always to be trying to snag those, there's certainly something to be said for getting creative. Sometimes that's not someones "thing".

Personally, I love playing with wide angle and telephoto. I'll also look to see what I can do with the sun at sunrise or sunset, with electric traction being limited to LRT these days in Edmonton, I always like to see what I can do with catenary and pans at those time of days. A silhouette of a diesel is just boring.

Some from earlier this year:

(Photos) 

Nice sunset, reminds me of when I was in Grenada, I sat on my uncles veranda and used to stare into the direction of the airport and the Caribbean Sea for hours and then look at the sunset and wonder what a day I’ve had

42 minutes ago, 7749 said:

IMG_3086(2).thumb.jpg.cab7835711ff72615d3c00fed7458945.jpgIMG_3090(2).thumb.jpg.7d7d9d6d635993a72b49796b213ba04e.jpg

TTC 1714 and 1703 from yesterday.

I also see VISION antennas on them so now I know why their still living, other than they didn’t break down yet

Wroute 1701 photographed at the Aberfoyle Park N'Ride back in February 2019. The service started in 2017 with 10 Tesla Model Model X 100D SUV's. Service started in 2017 and ceased operations May 2nd, 2019.

2019-05-13_05-30-22.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Translink B18018 sitting at the Horseshoe Bay Ferry Terminal, preparing for its trip back to Downtown Vancouver. 18018 is currently wrapped for How Far Do You Travel?, a contemporary art project on 30 new buses. This artwork is Essentials Of Psychological Testing by Erdem Tasdelen.

IMG_20190518_101824_2.jpg

• Like 6

Brand new Roam Transit 1029 on the Route 8X Lake Louise is seen departing the Banff Community High School not far from Downtown Banff earlier today. This vehicle is a brand new 2019 MCI D45 CRT LE, and is among the first batch of production models for this type of vehicle to enter service.

ROAM 1029.jpg

• Like 10

On 5/29/2019 at 3:19 PM, TheTransitBusFan said:

Societe de transport de sherbrooke 69101 the first deliverd in the new 2019 order of 6 

in photo 1 69101 is next to the newest ACTIVE bus at the sts 68105 

in photo 2 69101 is next the the second oldest bus at the sts 52101  

61419562_463188537555559_4259717369825329152_n.jpg

61595829_2082175741910284_2277740535684792320_n.jpg

These pictures don’t meet the photo requirements. Please read them. 

Thanks

1 hour ago, TTC Guy said:

These pictures don’t meet the photo requirements. Please read them. 

Thanks

Does it really matter?

I've posted a few photos on here before that haven't met the photo guidelines and no one has complained about it (3 people were laughing at my last photo, I don't know why)

Honestly, I just post my photos on this page just so that everyone can see them. I don't care if they get chosen or not.

The one rule in this thread is just that the photos you post here must belong to you.

8 minutes ago, STO_1601 said:

Does it really matter?

I've posted a few photos on here before that haven't met the photo guidelines and no one has complained about it (3 people were laughing at my last photo, I don't know why)

Honestly, I just post my photos on this page just so that everyone can see them. I don't care if they get chosen or not.

The one rule in this thread is just that the photos you post here must belong to you.

Yes, it does matter. That's not the point of this thread. You and others just posting for the sake of posting: don't waste our time. Start a website or put them on Facebook or whatever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 12