Streetcar News

CLRV4037

6 hours ago, MiWay0310 said:

I was going to ask, are there any plans to retain/restore some of the cars, preferably some of the O 6s?

Ive stated this before in the past, the TTC has plans on retaining 1 CLRV and 1 ALRV. This came directly from Andy Byford himself, although it remains to be seen what will happen once a new CEO is in charge.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ttc rider said:

Car 4454 has entered service for the first time this afternoon as 51 run on 514 Cherry (afternoon peak tripper).

Was surprise to see it sitting at Dufferin Loop, considering its been in the service bay since yesterday and today and normally they go into service the next day which would have been Friday.

Was 4456 off loaded today as 4457 could be off loaded tomorrow. 4458 most likely be off loaded on the 24 if it here by then.

4455 is currently heading to the Barns after being on St Clair and depending if no issues with it, it could be in service late Sat, but most likely Sunday. TTC will have 55 in service come Sunday, with a possibility of 56 by the 24 or after 27th and that all she write for this year. The best TTC will see on their property depending on CP and BBD for the year is "about 60", not the plan 64/65/70. 

2 minutes ago, drum118 said:

Can anyone verify that not only one new car was off loaded today at Hillcrest, but 4 of them. If true, a first all around. Its just been reported 4458 & 59 were just off loaded with 4456 being done earlier today. 4457 was supposed to be in CP yard earlier today and with the latest 2 been off loaded, I assume either 4457 has been off loaded as well or will be tomorrow.

It was only reported just days ago that 4458 it was ready to be pickup TB with 4457 in transit. No word on 4459 at all.

If true, BBD just maybe able to meet this year schedule after all. Then, are these 100% built cars or will BBD staff spend the next month finishing them here like last year???

No knowledge of any offloads today. We normally would be advices in advance with a CLRV pulling the next new car off the flatbed. 

18 hours ago, drum118 said:

Can anyone verify that not only one new car was off loaded today at Hillcrest, but 4 of them. If true, a first all around. Its just been reported 4458 & 59 were just off loaded with 4456 being done earlier today. 4457 was supposed to be in CP yard earlier today and with the latest 2 been off loaded, I assume either 4457 has been off loaded as well or will be tomorrow.

It was only reported just days ago that 4458 it was ready to be pickup TB with 4457 in transit. No word on 4459 at all.

If true, BBD just maybe able to meet this year schedule after all. Then, are these 100% built cars or will BBD staff spend the next month finishing them here like last year???

2 hours ago, 110B West Pickering said:

This City TV newscast caught 4423 on the 501 to Neville Park, anyone here know if that sign was a mistake or if this did actually happen 

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 2.30.20 PM.png

Looking at the vests the employees were wearing, I am willing to bet that was a training car. They do sometimes put up a route destination sign and even take passengers, but they are training cars in disguise. 

Re. Flexities on 501: looking back at my detailed records there was an isolated case on Saturday Oct 28, with two cars (4437 & 4443) doing a couple of round trips between Neville and Sunnyside, but I have no idea if they were in service as unscheduled extras or not. This was before they started deploying them regularly on 504 King and instead the "excess" Flexities were sent as extras on 509/510/512/514 on the weekend.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

No knowledge of any offloads today. We normally would be advices in advance with a CLRV pulling the next new car off the flatbed. 

Have you been notify that 4460 is ready for delivery to Hillcrest since its in CP Toronto yard now??

Are they being tow to the Barns since they are unfinished and not expected to be finish until late Jan or moving under their own power???

Since BBD is being allow to setup shop at the Barns to finish cars by TTC, I am assuming 4-5 cars will be arriving this coming week to meet this year schedule.

5 hours ago, 110B West Pickering said:

Wait, 4460 is also here now...?

so in a week there is 56-60.

Yep and more are supposed to arrive next week that are mostly unfinished.

Talking to Andy today, he not happy being done this way, but TTC is caught between a hard Rock and a Hard Rock. Allow the cars to be finish here will allow the cars to get into service sooner with less problem as well to the testing stage, since they will have more on site inspection done here. 

Oh!!! how BBD tries to smell like roses and say we meet this year delivery schedule doing this bull shit.

The big issue is the failure rate, since its no where close to contract requirement. Will say it will be under 20k come Dec data, considering TTC has 54 in service now with 4455 being added to the list this coming week.

1 minute ago, drum118 said:

I dont understand your problem with Bombardier trying to create and implement a solution that works in the favor of all parties. 

So they may not be hitting their reliability target but with what reason. Are they minor things? Are they major things? Don't be so quick to judge.

It's not like the CNG fiasco where 100 units need to be taken out of service. 

3 hours ago, Shaun said:

I dont understand your problem with Bombardier trying to create and implement a solution that works in the favor of all parties. 

So they may not be hitting their reliability target but with what reason. Are they minor things? Are they major things? Don't be so quick to judge.

It's not like the CNG fiasco where 100 units need to be taken out of service. 

I agree with you regarding the severity of the faults. 

However, we can't forget that its an overall frustration with how they've been delayed/produced, and how the TTC really needs them now, with services like the KSP demanding capacity increases.