Ontario Northland

Timmins Man

Tisdale Bus Lines has also made a bid to take over the Ontario Northland routes.

They're a pretty good company, based on when I was in co-op they use the employer's washbay services. The attendant told me that they have a great relationship for servicing Tisdale buses when they're in Toronto for Charters.

I didnt know they had already put out a bid for the bus routes...is that listed someplace?

This article mentions how the two companies have "applied" to the Ontario Highway Transport Board to continue the bus services. Since the announcement about the ONTC divestment is still new, I think more companies may bid once it has been formally decided what will happen with the bus service and an official announcement has been made.

Bingo.

alo, the first indicator to me, was the last window has been modified to put in the "stink vent" ^_^

I also thought it was the stink vent behind the rear-most window. From what I can see, the right rear panel doesn't appear to have been changed in any way that would indicate a lavatory installed; at least not since I've driven that bus. Am I missing something?

This article mentions how the two companies have "applied" to the Ontario Highway Transport Board to continue the bus services. Since the announcement about the ONTC divestment is still new, I think more companies may bid once it has been formally decided what will happen with the bus service and an official announcement has been made.

However Caribou has a strong advantage over everyone else...at least in terms of running Hearst to at least Timmins, thay have everything in place and could go all the way to North Bay if they wanted to and connect with Greyhound. Anyone else would have No connections in either Hearst,Timmins or North Bay. If Tisdale and Caribou work together it could be a great partnership. Like say Caribou could run Hearst to North Bay, while Tisdale could do North Bay to Toronto and Timmins to Sudbury. As Caribou already interlines with Greyhound it would be ideal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

On the older Ontario Northland coaches that still have rollsigns, does anyone know the exact list of exposures? I know I've seen a smattering of various displays (like Toronto, Timmins, North Bay Express, etc.) but I'd like to recreate one in its entirety, but I've never had the means to find out myself.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...