Ontario Northland

Timmins Man

Found this same bus late last night parked at a hotel in NE Calgary, the bus belongs to the Mobile Missions Society of Alberta. They have a small fleet of second hand coaches that they seem to operate for a bit then replace with something else.

mobile-missions_562.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Interesting how the J series has a front Alcoa rim.

There is one prevost that has a satelite dome on it. I think it's wrapped for a hockey team.

O.N.T. # 5333 has the dome on top and is wrapped with the North Bay Battalion hockey team insignia. Saw it but didn't get a picture of it.

Im wondering if ONTC will reduce service on some of their runs to save money...like is their the demand to operate Daily between Timmins and Hearst or is their the business for 4 daily schedules from North Bay to Toronto, plus a Fri/Sun schedule.. or especially 3 daily Toronto to Sudbury schedules.??

Im wondering if ONTC will reduce service on some of their runs to save money...like is their the demand to operate Daily between Timmins and Hearst or is their the business for 4 daily schedules from North Bay to Toronto, plus a Fri/Sun schedule.. or especially 3 daily Toronto to Sudbury schedules.??

They need to keep daily service as since the train service is gone the bus service is the only ground transportation in the area. Should be well used.

Ontario Northland recently announced some bus route cuts and station closures:

http://www.northernlife.ca/news/localNews/2015/02/18-northland-stations-close-sudbury.aspx

Greyhound has been very succesfull using 3rd party agencies in the smaller places where a full agency is not needed. Howeer Greyhound still operates many stand alone agencies too operated by Commission agents...Their are a few terminals too operated by The Company also!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Heard on the News last night that Ontario Northern(Coach Division) will be doing a Ottawa-Sudbury/Sudbury-Ottawa route.

I'm not sure when its going to start but from the news report it stated:

Sudbury to Ottawa

Thursday Friday Saturday

Ottawa-Sudbury

Friday Saturday Monday

no times where given so I'm not sure of the exact schedule(Times)

Stop will be in Ottawa, Renfrew, Cobdum, Sudbury I'm not sure of any other stops?

I thought Greyhound already had this route?

Ottawa-Pembrooke-North Bay-Sudbury?

Anyway it'll be interesting to see some "New Players" in the Ottawa area either then Greyhound(Inter-city)

Heard on the News last night that Ontario Northern(Coach Division) will be doing a Ottawa-Sudbury/Sudbury-Ottawa route.

I'm not sure when its going to start but from the news report it stated:

Sudbury to Ottawa

Thursday Friday Saturday

Ottawa-Sudbury

Friday Saturday Monday

no times where given so I'm not sure of the exact schedule(Times)

Stop will be in Ottawa, Renfrew, Cobdum, Sudbury I'm not sure of any other stops?

I thought Greyhound already had this route?

Ottawa-Pembrooke-North Bay-Sudbury?

Anyway it'll be interesting to see some "New Players" in the Ottawa area either then Greyhound(Inter-city)

Ontario Northland put out a press release with the details. It will be 3 trips a week, departing Thursday/Friday/Sunday at 2:05pm from Sudbury, with the bus returning from Ottawa at 7:00am the following days (Friday/Saturday/Monday).

The current daily Greyhound trip departs Sudbury at 12:30am and Ottawa at 10:00am, so the trips are not necessarily competing directly. Certainly Ontario Northland's eastbound trip is more convenient than the overnight trip currently provided by Greyhound.

Thanks for the info?

This is going to be interesting as to how Greyhound will respond to the competition. As to now they had "exclusive" to that route Ottawa to Sudbury. According to trip find on Ontario Northern it takes 6.55 hours and is $98.50 one way. I can't seem to find the Greyhound price or time it takes on Greyhound's web site?