Eglinton Crosstown line

4 hours ago, smallspy said:

They've never identified one in any of the EA documents. It could have been added later in the process, but to the best of my knowledge there are no plans for one.

Dan

Second picture includes a spur to the Mt Dennis MSF 

http://thecrosstown.ca/Western-Alignment-Vehicle-Maintenance-Storage-Facility-summary

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, smallspy said:

And indeed it does.

I guess they've decided that they wanted one after all.

Seems sensible, particularly as Bombardier has the maintenance contract. Makes it easier to ship them back and forth frequently to La Pocatiere to re-weld the thing every few years. :)

• Haha 2

• 3 months later...

As the work on the North platform at Kennedy's terminal is finished, South Service Road West access and exit will be closed until December 2020. The new temporary roadway will be used by 34, 43, 113, 334 and 343. Buses who normal used South Service Road West will have to use Transway and Kennedy to get to Eglinton, again, this will be used by 12, 20, 21, 43, 57, 86, 116, 175, 300B, 334, and 903. North Service Road West will continue to use buses entering and exiting.

kennedy_-_north_passenger_platform_and_bus_loop_restoration_at_kennedy_station_-_october_19_2018.jpg

Elsewhere, as far as progress goes on Mount Pleasant Road, the 103 MOUNT PLEASANT NORTH is still suspended because there are no left and right turns along Mount Pleasant/Eglinton intersection. Could the 56 LEASIDE be short turned to Brentcliffe if there are calls for no left/Right turns on Eglinton between Laird/Brentcliffe? Time will tell.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BYD said:

Elsewhere, as far as progress goes on Mount Pleasant Road, the 103 MOUNT PLEASANT NORTH is still suspended because there are no left and right turns along Mount Pleasant/Eglinton intersection. Could the 56 LEASIDE be short turned to Brentcliffe if there are calls for no left/Right turns on Eglinton between Laird/Brentcliffe? Time will tell.

Wherever possible, they have maintained as many of the pre-existing turning movements at the various intersections along the line. Mount Pleasant stands out as a particularly glaring exception to that, as does Dufferin - but these are the hassles that we will have to choose to live with while construction progresses.

As for Laird and Eglinton, the station cavern is apparently progressing quite nicely and should be done in a couple of months. Why would you think that there would be the need for future turn restrictions there or at Brentcliffe when there haven't been any up to this point during the construction?

Dan

On 10/25/2018 at 9:42 PM, BYD said:

As the work on the North platform at Kennedy's terminal is finished, South Service Road West access and exit will be closed until December 2020. The new temporary roadway will be used by 34, 43, 113, 334 and 343. Buses who normal used South Service Road West will have to use Transway and Kennedy to get to Eglinton, again, this will be used by 12, 20, 21, 43, 57, 86, 116, 175, 300B, 334, and 903. North Service Road West will continue to use buses entering and exiting.

I don’t think the routes will divert via Transway and Kennedy. There are traffic lights being set up at North Service Rd West and Eglinton Ave. There is a left turn lane so I think the buses can turn left from North Service Rd onto Eglinton. It seems faster than diverting  Transway/Kennedy.

Ladies and Gentlemen, your new ride has arrived. Bombardier will supply 76 cars for the crosstown with the completed first set to arrive in November with another five rolling in by February.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/get-your-first-look-at-the-new-eglinton-crosstown-lrt-vehicles-1.4884677?fbclid=IwAR2qnj6bftLxAG3svMo3rJR7RjeF4R09D7nhqbTA6WlQXg_aGPLke3IsjN0

light-rail-vehicle.jpg

• Like 3

On 10/30/2018 at 8:46 AM, DAT_28 said:

I don’t think the routes will divert via Transway and Kennedy. There are traffic lights being set up at North Service Rd West and Eglinton Ave. There is a left turn lane so I think the buses can turn left from North Service Rd onto Eglinton. It seems faster than diverting  Transway/Kennedy.

This is what they are doing but i heard it was a mess the first day so some express buses were sent down transway to Kennedy.  

3 hours ago, 0=0 said:

This is what they are doing but i heard it was a mess the first day so some express buses were sent down transway to Kennedy.  

On the first day, the buses exited Transway/Kennedy in the morning rush. Around 3pm same day, they started using North Service Rd West. The next day (Nov 1st) I’ve seen a few 131E’s detouring (westbound only) via Lawrence Ave, Kennedy Rd to Kennedy Stn. I guess so it avoids the traffic jams along Eglinton west of Brimley  

7 hours ago, 0=0 said:

I am surprise you didn't drive any route out of Kennedy yesterday.  I used Eglinton to deadhead back to the garage.  I was stuck on the bridge for at least 10 minutes.  Making the left turn out of North Service road is very painful since motorists block a portion of the driveway.  Tight turn but doable.  

Have Metrolinx moved the concrete wall yet?  I wasn't there today as I am off.  

Kennedy Oct 30

Ran out of time to go outside to do some shooting since TTC had already had me down 70 minutes on either slow moving subway trains, having to wait an extra 25 minutes for a bus since the 5 that pass us were closed door and huge gaps on various routes.

44944794984_d7c9fefdb3_b.jpg30728964387_20a48378c1_b.jpg45619019552_b95dd57feb_b.jpg

On 11/2/2018 at 1:36 PM, drum118 said:

Kennedy Oct 30

Ran out of time to go outside to do some shooting since TTC had already had me down 70 minutes on either slow moving subway trains, having to wait an extra 25 minutes for a bus since the 5 that pass us were closed door and huge gaps on various routes.

44944794984_d7c9fefdb3_b.jpg30728964387_20a48378c1_b.jpg45619019552_b95dd57feb_b.jpg

Thanks to the trench done by Metrolinx, a bus rear wheel felt into the trench and got stuck.  It offices buses to divert enter via transitway Cres for WB buses.

• 6 months later...
8 minutes ago, 110B West Pickering said:

Very little TTC Branding I’m not a van of, however am a little happy to see they kept in line with the numbering

Presumably there are more decals to come ...

The last TR car was 6196 ... so starting these at 6201 (or 6200?) makes sense.

Presumably the 17 Line 6 Finch West cars get the 6300s.

23 minutes ago, 110B West Pickering said:

Very little TTC Branding I’m not a van of, however am a little happy to see they kept in line with the numbering

Why would it be branded as something it’s not?  It’s not really a ttc asset. The commission is just an operator under contract, like Transdev, or any other similar  entity.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Bus_Medic said:

Why would it be branded as something it’s not?  It’s not really a ttc asset. The commission is just an operator under contract, like Transdev, or any other similar  entity.

TTC is more than an operator under contract. The Master Agreement says TTC has input on all sorts of things that a simple contracted operator does.  It also says that route management will be done by the TTC from the TTC control centre at Hillcrest.