TTC Delays and Disruptions

You are correct. The NB train (H5, run 35 if anyone cares) was stopped halfway into the platform, and my train (SB) entered the platform. Power was cut just before we came to a normal stop. Everyone was offloaded and shoved out of the system, where many people waited for shuttle buses or (as recommended) walked to Bloor.

Shuttle buses did appear eventually; once I got to Bloor 1668 showed up heading north.

Which station?

So far there's been 3 smell-of-smoke at track level delays at College Station today.. It could be related to the construction from the weekend or something more serious. Otherwise, clean up grubbage from track level if that's the cause.

College is particularly bad for that, as there's a real landfill under the southbound platform. The TTC is the worst I've ever seen for this kind of thing, I don't even see that much trash under platforms in New York. Disgraceful, and then they wonder where all these fires come from.

People could do more to contribute to the condition of the platforms.

I've noticed that they tend to clean the track level at certain stations more often than others. For example, I've witnessed that bloor is cleaned every week or so.

People could do more to contribute to the condition of the platforms.

I've noticed that they tend to clean the track level at certain stations more often than others. For example, I've witnessed that bloor is cleaned every week or so.

Really? You mean on the Yonge line? It's hard to tell, as there's always litter strewn on the track level and under the platforms. Either the TTC isn't cleaning it, or people in this city are becoming even more disgusting pigs with each passing month.

Queen car not making it west of Humber loop. A truck is blocking Park Lawn and Lake Shore.

Whereismystreetcar is showing five shuttle buses in service. Unfortunately four of them are in a pack westbound between Islington and Kipling as I write this (and the fifth is westbound on the Queensway approaching Park Lawn).

I wish there was better organizations of shuttles. I've been waiting at Humber Loop for a westbound shuttle because of problems on Lake Shore--me and fifty other people--and the only shuttle bus in half an hour takes off empty eastbound for....Roncesvalles? Yonge? Of course, east of Humber loop, the streetcars are running just fine....

• 3 weeks later...
Priority 1 at St. Clair tonight as of 1820.

EDIT: Cleared as of 2035.

More disruptions today:

123 Shorncliffe got diverted BW along East Mall as a result of the North Queen St. closure west of Shorncliffe Rd. (1239-1757)

36 Finch West diverted EB due to construction at the Keele St. and Finch Ave. West intersection (0848 onward)

14 Glencairn diverted BW via Colin Imperial and Duplex Aves. (1405-1441)

Numbers inside brackets indicate times of disruption (Start-end) Bold means ongoing as of the date and time I posted.

The BD was shut down at the beginning of service between Christie and Keele for a late-clearing work zone at Lansdowne. RT-28 was involved in the work zone and was hauling ass back to Greenwood after the delay cleared.

The BD was shut down at the beginning of service between Christie and Keele for a late-clearing work zone at Lansdowne. RT-28 was involved in the work zone and was hauling ass back to Greenwood after the delay cleared.

At one point, at the start of service, they were offering shuttles and subways at the same time to help alleviate the load after the initial shut down. The auto-audible dude said that those at Bathurst should go to Bloor St. and those at Keele head to the bus platform. 'His' words were still muddled together and it was somewhat fun to try and comprehend just for the sake of getting it right.