TTC Delays and Disruptions

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty big fire on Queen St. at Peter has detoured the 501. (As of 9:27 PM today)

‎"501 Queen Streetcars diverting Spadina, King, Church both ways due to a fire that has closed Queen, east of Spadina."

Also, a TTC shelter bus is en route to the scene.

Also, a switch issue at SCW (streetcar) resulted in isolated service west of SCW. Numerous cars were short-turned at Oakwood shortly after, and bunching was heavy. Cleared shortly before 6 PM.

No service for the last hour between Lawrence Station and Bloor Station due to a passenger injury at track level.

There was no service again Yesterday afternoon Between Lawrence and Bloor due to a report of smoke at St.Clair Station.

There is no train service from Woodbine to Kennedy Stations due to a report of smoke at track level. Shuttle buses running. - 8 minutes ago

Update: ALL CLEAR: The delay at Warden Station has now cleared and full service has resumed on the Bloor Danforth Line. - A minute ago

There is no train service from Woodbine to Kennedy Stations due to a report of smoke at track level. Shuttle buses running. - 8 minutes ago

Update: ALL CLEAR: The delay at Warden Station has now cleared and full service has resumed on the Bloor Danforth Line. - A minute ago

It was a grass fire near the tracks.

It was a grass fire near the tracks.

On the subway they announced it as a disabled train between Warden and Victoria Park, which was believable to me as about 5 minutes before a T1 left Kennedy NIS. My train sat at Kennedy Station along with another train for a good 10-15 minutes from about 4:55pm to 5:10pm before they announced that shuttle bus service was being set up, all announcements before that were mainly from the operator who also said it was a disabled train and that it should be clearing shortly. While I was along Danforth Ave between Victoria Park and Woodbine I saw only one shuttle bus, 7509, making a left turn at Woodbine & Danforth while a bunch of people were walking between Woodbine and Main Street.

On the subway they announced it as a disabled train between Warden and Victoria Park, which was believable to me as about 5 minutes before a T1 left Kennedy NIS. My train sat at Kennedy Station along with another train for a good 10-15 minutes from about 4:55pm to 5:10pm before they announced that shuttle bus service was being set up, all announcements before that were mainly from the operator who also said it was a disabled train and that it should be clearing shortly. While I was along Danforth Ave between Victoria Park and Woodbine I saw only one shuttle bus, 7509, making a left turn at Woodbine & Danforth while a bunch of people were walking between Woodbine and Main Street.

When I was at Main Street there was a Eastbound train that was stuck between Main and VP that ended up reversing back into Main St. Most of the people I saw got off and crush loaded a 113 bus. Also the 20 behind it was crushload and the 135 left pretty full. The subway announcements were delays eastbound at Warden no reason given then after a few mins saying both ways at Warden. About 10 mins after they announced bus service the subway was back up and running, so that may have been a reason why you never saw many shuttles.

Anyone know whats going on here?

there was a delay this morning at york mills stn, and they said there is a "maintainance issue" at the station

Yonge Line closed from Eglinton to Sheppard for the rest of the night.

To add to those detours 501 streetcars were running Church-Richmond-York westbound and Spadina-King-Church eastbound. Shuttles were going from Wolseley Loop to Sherbourne and then looping via Sherbourne-Richmond-Jarvis. This was due to tract work on Queen around Victoria.

To add to those detours 501 streetcars were running Church-Richmond-York westbound and Spadina-King-Church eastbound. Shuttles were going from Wolseley Loop to Sherbourne and then looping via Sherbourne-Richmond-Jarvis. This was due to tract work on Queen around Victoria.

This is the repair job.

05022011_010_.jpg

---------

While we are in the subject of delays and disruptions on Queen Street East, this happened today...

05022011_009_.jpg

Taken less than a minute after it happened.

Surface disruptions this afternoon:

1. 111 East Mall buses on diversion due to closure on East Mall north of Burnhamthorpe due to a police investigation. Incident lasted between 15:27 and 16:49.

2. 29 Dufferin buses on diversion BW between St. Clair and Davenport due to closure of Dufferin south of St. Clair due to a fire. Incident lasted between 17:46 and 18:09.

Passed over a nasty water main break on Kingston road just west of the bridge over highland creek on my way home from work. No diversion for it yet, but I'd imagine there will be for the 86 by now when city crews arrive.

Probably gonna take old kingsto rd. Through the valley.